PDA

View Full Version : Parents upset over surprise school visit by Ivanka Trump

Teh One Who Knocks
12-20-2017, 12:22 PM
by Naomi Lim - Washington Examiner

https://i.imgur.com/cBxx0fj.jpg

A surprise school visit by Ivanka Trump drew ire from parents of a Connecticut academy who wanted to yank their children from class to protest the first daughter and White House adviser's father, President Trump.

"This should have been brought to our attention, although I do understand security reasons. I think we should have had the choice to send our child to school or keep them home,” Karey Fitzgerald, a Norwalk Early College Academy parent, told News 12 Connecticut Monday following Ivanka Trump's appearance.

Some parents were able to pull their kids from class before the visit, according to the report.

Trump, however, seemed unaware or impervious to the complaints.

"Great visit to Norwalk Early College Academy today with @IBM CEO @GinniRometty," Trump tweeted Monday.

"PTECH schools equip high school students with skills training in #STEM & Computer Science, enabling them to thrive in our modern economy. It was an honor to meet so many bright and talented students!" she added.
Trump is pushing for more focus to be placed by the Trump administration on sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics within the American education system.

Muddy
12-20-2017, 01:39 PM
How childish of these parents.

Godfather
12-21-2017, 02:08 AM
I can't wait to have a kid so I can drag them around by their fucking ears making political statements!!

The Monk
12-21-2017, 05:26 AM
How childish of these parents.

I may not think Mr Trump is right for his job but I can agree with you here. If parents wish to protest by all means do so but don't use innocent children for that purpose.

lost in melb.
12-21-2017, 10:50 AM
I'm sure if those parents had the opportunity to meet her they'd find she's nothing like the monster they imagine her to be.

DemonGeminiX
12-21-2017, 11:02 AM
I didn't read the article. My eyes keep going up to her picture and I think, "Jeez, she's freakin' pretty."

Goofy
12-21-2017, 01:22 PM
:wank:

Muddy
12-21-2017, 01:33 PM
I may not think Mr Trump is right for his job but I can agree with you here. If parents wish to protest by all means do so but don't use innocent children for that purpose.

Especially with Ivanka of all people, that kid is good as gold..

Hal-9000
12-21-2017, 05:40 PM
I didn't read the article. My eyes keep going up to her picture and I think, "Jeez, she's freakin' pretty."

I think Daddy has had some work done on her...

Hikari Kisugi
12-21-2017, 06:50 PM
What is her actual role?

Do people in this role have a history of school visits?

Just seems odd that someone without department is visiting schools at all.

Hal-9000
12-21-2017, 06:54 PM
What is her actual role?

An easier and more attractive moving target for terrorists and psychos? :-s

Number one job I'll never want...child of a president.

DemonGeminiX
12-21-2017, 07:51 PM

I don't care, she's still freakin' pretty.

Pony
12-21-2017, 07:51 PM
What is her actual role?

It's pretty common for Presidents, First ladies and grown children to visit schools.

redred
12-21-2017, 09:45 PM
I think trumps youngest son visits one daily if I'm not mistaken

DemonGeminiX
12-22-2017, 12:18 AM
I think trumps youngest son visits one daily if I'm not mistaken

Yeah, the one he attends... cause he's not old enough to have graduated yet.

The Monk
12-22-2017, 02:01 AM

Daddy has actually said he would like to do some work on her himself if she wasn't his daughter...:shock:

Muddy
12-22-2017, 04:04 AM
Daddy has actually said he would like to do some work on her himself if she wasn't his daughter...:shock:

Your TDS is showing..