PDA

View Full Version : Senator Tim Scott Hits Back at Blogger for Calling Him a 'Manipulated Prop' at Trump's Tax Remarks

Teh One Who Knocks
12-21-2017, 11:10 AM
FOX News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3-oRnsCZHM

Senator Tim Scott responded to a blogger who accused him of being President Donald Trump's African-American "prop" at the White House tax reform speech.

Scott (R-S.C.) stood beside President Trump and Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.) in the front row of legislators assembled at the White House to celebrate the passage of the bill.

"What a shocker. There's ONE black person there and sure enough they have him standing right next to the mic like a manipulated prop," Andy Ostroy wrote in a since deleted tweet.

What a shocker... there's ONE black person there and sure enough they have him standing right next to the mic like a manipulated prop. Way to go @SenatorTimScott. #trump #taxscambill

— Andy Ostroy (@AndyOstroy) December 20, 2017

"Way to go Senator Tim Scott," Ostroy, whose Twitter profile identifies him as a Huffington Post contributor, continued.

Scott responded on Twitter, ripping Ostroy's remarks:

"Probably because I helped write the bill for the past year, have multiple provisions included, got multiple Senators on board over the last week and have worked on tax reform my entire time in Congress," he wrote.
"But if you'd rather just see my skin color, pls (sic) feel free," Scott said.

Scott is the first black senator elected in the South since Reconstruction, and preceded only by a pair of Mississippi Republicans - Hiram Revels, elected in 1870, and Blanche Bruce, elected in 1874.

In his White House remarks, Scott, who was raised in working-class poverty in North Charleston, praised the tax bill as a blessing for poor communities.

"This is not about Washington. It's not about the left [and] it's not about the right," he said Wednesday afternoon. "It's about single-parent moms who are looking for a reason to be hopeful in 2018."

He said the average single parent household will benefit from a 70 percent tax cut, and praised Sen. Marco Rubio's (R-Fla.) insistence on including a doubling of the child tax credit.