PDA

View Full Version : Elderly couple found with 60 pounds of pot tell deputies it's for Christmas gifts

Teh One Who Knocks
12-22-2017, 12:00 PM
World-Herald News Service

https://i.imgur.com/Me37gAy.jpg

YORK, Neb. — A couple in their 80s who were found with 60 pounds of marijuana in their pickup truck told York County sheriff’s deputies that they were going to give the pot as Christmas gifts.

The marijuana, discovered during a traffic stop on Tuesday, was considered high grade, Sheriff’s Office officials said. It had an estimated street value of $336,000.

Deputies stopped the couple’s Toyota Tacoma in the Bradshaw area after they saw the pickup truck driving over the center line and the driver failing to signal, Lt. Paul Vrbka said.

When they stopped the vehicle, he said, deputies could immediately smell the strong odor of raw marijuana.

Vrbka said the county’s K-9 unit alerted to the presence of a controlled substance. Deputies then searched the pickup and found the pot in boxes stored inside the pickup topper.

An 80-year-old man and an 83-year-old woman said they were from Clearlake Oaks, California, and were headed for Vermont. They were arrested on suspicion of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and no drug tax stamp.

Goofy
12-22-2017, 01:24 PM
:faint:

deebakes
12-23-2017, 04:12 AM
porky sr? :?

Godfather
12-23-2017, 06:10 AM
I find it funny that cops still pose all tough and shit with some old people's pot. Nobody thinks your hard boys, you took weed off senior citizens :lol:

RBP
12-23-2017, 06:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy_knXF_G6c

RBP
12-23-2017, 06:51 AM
I find it funny that cops still pose all tough and shit with some old people's pot. Nobody thinks your hard boys, you took weed off senior citizens :lol:

Depends on the backstory.Why were 80-somethings moving volume across the country?

Godfather
12-23-2017, 08:06 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e2/9c/97/e29c979d688cf5e3185eb3caba4b3ddc.jpg

Hal-9000
12-24-2017, 04:34 PM

And considering they stopped the couple because of a possible driving infraction, we can safely put that in the - you got real lucky column...

There was no detective work or time put in to attain the huge bust :lol:

Hal-9000
12-24-2017, 04:35 PM
"..raw marijuana."

Much different than cooked marijuana...durrhhhh

Hal-9000
12-24-2017, 04:44 PM
Let's do some math. I usually pay 100 bucks for a half (14 grams) at the retail level so let's say 200 per ounce to simplify.

200 x 16 ounces in a pound = 3200

3200 x 60 pounds = 192000

So that equation doesn't figure in any discounts for buying in bulk. And they call the street value 336,000? Are they selling it by the joint?? :lol:

Muddy
12-24-2017, 07:10 PM
Where do you buy your weed, Hal?

Godfather
12-25-2017, 08:04 AM

Legalization hasn't taken full effect here but we've had retail dispensaries popping up for a couple years. You go in with a doctor's note saying you have anxiety and get all the shit you want. Some of these places are sketchy, others are swanky as hell :lol:

It becomes fully legal in Canada Summer 2018. Each Province will decide how they sell it, I think in BC it'll be available in liquor stores - the logic being that their staff are already the best trained and regulated at not selling booze to minors.

Hal-9000
12-27-2017, 03:12 AM

from some guy 8-[

Muddy
12-27-2017, 12:28 PM
Legalization hasn't taken full effect here but we've had retail dispensaries popping up for a couple years. You go in with a doctor's note saying you have anxiety and get all the shit you want. Some of these places are sketchy, others are swanky as hell :lol:

It becomes fully legal in Canada Summer 2018. Each Province will decide how they sell it, I think in BC it'll be available in liquor stores - the logic being that their staff are already the best trained and regulated at not selling booze to minors.

That is pretty crazy.. I cant ever see it being legalized here in the bible belt..

Hal-9000
12-27-2017, 04:46 PM
That is pretty crazy.. I cant ever see it being legalized here in the bible belt..

We've been hearing about this since the late 70's..when our present Prime Minister's Dad was our Prime Minister. Dad was a liberal and used it as part of his campaign platform.

Can't say for sure what GF posted is fake news, because they're saying legalization is closer than ever before. But so much goes into legalization and you can bet the government will want it's piece of the daily pie, which will likely delay the actual - Guy on the street can walk around with an ounce and smoke where likes - sort of scenario.