PDA

View Full Version : Study: 27 Percent of California Youth Are Gender ‘Nonconforming’

Teh One Who Knocks
12-29-2017, 12:32 PM
by Dr. Susan Berry - Breitbart

https://i.imgur.com/La1shzy.jpg
Pic Unrelated

A new study released at UCLA finds 27 percent of California’s young people between the ages of 12 and 17 self-report that others view them as gender ‘nonconforming” at school.

The study – which has a margin of error of about six percent – was based on the inclusion of two questions in the California Health Interview Survey that were asked of 1,594 California young people between the ages of 12 and 17.

First, the young people were asked, “Are you male or female?” and, subsequent to that question, they were asked:

A person’s appearance, style, dress, or the way they walk or talk may affect how people describe them. How do you think other people at school would describe you?

Very feminine
Mostly feminine
Equally feminine & masculine
Mostly masculine
Very masculine

The authors categorized male participants who said others describe them as “very feminine” or “mostly feminine,” and female respondents who said others describe them as “very masculine” or “mostly masculine” as “highly gender nonconforming,” while those youth who responded “equally feminine and masculine” were categorized as “androgynous.”

Those young people categorized as “highly gender nonconforming” numbered 59, while 331 were placed in the “androgynous” category. Of the youth participants in the study, 1,204 were in the “gender conforming” category, i.e., those who are comfortable with their biological sex.

The study, authored by UCLA’s Williams Institute – a sexual orientation and gender identity think tank – and the school’s Center for Health Policy Research, also evaluated mental health differences between so-called “gender conforming” and “gender nonconforming” youth.

No significant differences were found in the rates of suicidal ideation (thinking) and suicide attempts between the two groups, an outcome that is in stark contrast with many studies cited by proponents of immediate affirmation of young people who claim to be a gender that is inconsistent with their biological sex. However, “gender nonconforming” young people were found to be more than twice as likely to have psychological problems than those comfortable with their biological sex.

“The data show that more than one in four California youth express their gender in ways that go against the dominant stereotypes,” said the study’s lead author Bianca D.M. Wilson of the Williams Institute. “However, the heightened psychological distress we see among gender nonconforming youth indicates that we must continue to educate parents, schools and communities on the mental health needs of these young people and reduce known risk factors, such as bullying and bias.”

California was the first state to adopt the LGBT rights agenda formally into its public schools, as part of a new history and social studies curriculum that will reach children as young as the second grade.

redred
12-29-2017, 01:14 PM
Bet porkys glad he's not young anymore

Teh One Who Knocks
12-29-2017, 01:24 PM
Bet porkys glad he's not young anymore

Hasn't Porky always identified as 'mostly feminine'? :-k

RBP
12-29-2017, 01:45 PM
Dominant stereotypes... gender non-conforming... blah blah blah...

Is it really that different? It's just babble. There have always been feminine guys and masculine girls, so what? The guys were called fems or fags, and the girls were called tom-boys or dykes. And guess what, they were still boys and girls, without all the psychobabbling bullshit, pronouns, and safe spaces. Thanks, SJW's... suicide rates have gone up, not down.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-29-2017, 02:10 PM
:triggered:

Hal-9000
12-29-2017, 05:45 PM
Dominant stereotypes... gender non-conforming... blah blah blah...

Is it really that different? It's just babble. There have always been feminine guys and masculine girls, so what? The guys were called fems or fags, and the girls were called tom-boys or dykes. And guess what, they were still boys and girls, without all the psychobabbling bullshit, pronouns, and safe spaces. Thanks, SJW's... suicide rates have gone up, not down.

This is it right here.

They're creating this new environment, or new world, in which the terminology and perceptions of people outside of this world can't keep up with. Or can't 'understand the labeling'.

So that causes more internal hurt to the people who are trying this new way of self identifying, and shame on me, a whole lot more prejudice coming from the people observing it.

When I hear that X-person needs to be identified with the pronouns Zir, Zim, Ali-Baba Sim....I immediately get defensive and my hackles go up. My respect level instantly goes down.

So these people, thinking the 'bold new world' will set them free...are really setting themselves up for more discrimination and on the whole, a lot more conflict between the old genders and new.

I used to say - whatever blows your hair back. But now I think there is too much hair blowing and probably some of it is done - Just because I can. Meaning the person used to identify as a guy, or a gay guy, and now he has to conflate it into something different...when really he's just a gay dude.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-29-2017, 05:49 PM
I used to say - whatever blows your hair back. But now I think there is too much hair blowing and probably some of it is done - Just because I can. Meaning the person used to identify as a guy, or a gay guy, and now he has to conflate it into something different...when really he's just a gay dude.

That's insulting to all the gender-queer pansexuals out there and you take it back! :x

Hal-9000
12-29-2017, 06:13 PM
*Archie Bunker voice*

Dat guy is queerer than a three dollar bill. Dingbat, get me a beer wouldya?

Godfather
12-30-2017, 02:03 AM
If this number gets to 51% does that mean those of us who identify simply as man or woman become the non-conforming ones :-k

I've always wanted to claim to be an oppressed minority :wavey:

deebakes
12-30-2017, 03:02 AM
our day is coming :excellent:

Pony
12-30-2017, 11:41 AM
If this number gets to 51% does that mean those of us who identify simply as man or woman become the non-conforming ones :-k

I've always wanted to claim to be an oppressed minority :wavey:

Why wait? You can just decide to be a gender neutral, black, adolescent, elf right now and the rest of the world has to support you 100% "or else".

lost in melb.
12-30-2017, 12:05 PM
Why wait? You can just decide to be a gender neutral, black, adolescent, elf right now and the rest of the world has to support you 100% "or else".

Or you can keep changing your mind - at Gov'mint cost :dance2:

Godfather
12-30-2017, 06:36 PM

Oh the answer is simple, I'm of sound mind and thus identify as the race and gender which I was born as :lol:

Pony
12-30-2017, 06:57 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
12-31-2017, 06:09 PM
Oh the answer is simple, I'm of sound mind and thus identify as the race and gender which I was born as :lol:

I spose if a guy goes to prison and gets ass-raped enough, he may want to re-identify into a more feminine role :lol: