PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania inmate loses appeal that drugs hidden in his buttocks weren’t his

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2018, 11:50 AM
BY Terence Cullen - NY Daily News

https://i.imgur.com/UeVg4Y0l.jpg

No ifs, ands or butts about it.

That’s the message a Pennsylvania judicial panel sent to an inmate who claimed a balloon full of synthetic marijuana in his rear end wasn’t his.

The ruling last week came after Edwin Wylie-Biggs appealed the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s additional sentence for having the contraband material, arguing it didn’t have sufficient evidence.

He was hit with an extra three to six years last April for the offense, on top of an existing prison term in Allegheny County, which was upheld in a trial court a month later, according to the five-page ruling.

A corrections officer testified that he told Wylie-Biggs to bend over during a strip search, having seen another inmate pass him something.

When Wylie-Biggs spread his buttocks “a clear plastic bag containing a small blue balloon could be seen sticking out of his rectum,” according to the court document.

Wylie-Biggs took the bag out of his anus, which officials immediately tested. The substance came back positive as K2, a synthetic form of marijuana.

Yet the inmate appealed his possession of contraband by an inmate charge on the grounds that Pennsylvania didn’t have an ironclad case.

https://i.imgur.com/HZ6q1IIl.jpg
Wylie-Biggs appealed that the state didn't provide ample evidence that the K2 stuffed in his rectum didn't belong to him.

The Superior Court panel concluded that the state provided sufficient evidence that Wylie-Biggs did in fact have an illegal substance.

Wylie-Biggs was held at State Correctional Institute Fayette in southwest Pennsylvania when the guards found the K2.

State records indicate he was later moved to State Correctional Institute Dallas, which is about 30 miles southwest of Scranton.

Wylie-Biggs reportedly survived a 100-foot fall off a bridge in suburban Pittsburgh while running from police in January 2014.

He pleaded guilty that August to a slew of charges including possession of heroin with intent to sell and recklessly endangering another person.

That October he received a two- to four-year prison sentence, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette previously reported.

Goofy
01-03-2018, 12:28 PM
:rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2018, 12:30 PM
Your honor, I have no idea how those drugs got up my butt [-(

Goofy
01-03-2018, 01:00 PM
Maybe he sat on them by mistake :-k

Hal-9000
01-03-2018, 06:49 PM
"Wylie-Biggs reportedly survived a 100-foot fall off a bridge in suburban Pittsburgh while running from police in January 2014."

Where's Muddy? :lol:

deebakes
01-04-2018, 02:41 AM
maybe he was in the bathtub and they floated up in there? :?