PDA

View Full Version : 33-year-old Omaha man accused of sexual assault says 13-year-old girl ‘made a move’ on him

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2018, 02:14 PM
By Kevin Cole / World-Herald staff writer

https://i.imgur.com/NNdGSTO.jpg

An Omaha man charged Thursday with first-degree sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl suggested to police that it was the girl who “had made a move” on him.

Tyron S. Stapleton, 33, faces 20 years to life in prison if convicted. A Douglas County judge ordered Stapleton held on 10 percent of $24,000 bail, meaning he must pay $2,400 to be released from jail.

The girl, now 15, said during an interview at Project Harmony that Stapleton was living in her family’s north Omaha home when the assault occurred. The girl said Stapleton forced her to have sexual intercourse, according to an affidavit filed in Douglas County Court.

“The victim stated that she told him to stop and pushed (him) away but Stapleton responded, ‘It’s OK. It’s OK,’ ” a detective with the police department wrote. “The victim stated that it hurt during the incident and (she) told Stapleton to stop again, but Stapleton said, ‘It’s OK’ and put his hand over her mouth.”

According to the affidavit, Stapleton told police that he remembered living for two months in an upstairs bedroom at the girl’s home. Told that the girl had accused him of sexual assault, Stapleton said there was “more to the story” than the detective knew.

“If I was to come tell you that somebody made a move on me, who’s going to believe me?” he said. “The girl would follow me and follow me and follow me around.”

RBP
01-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Unfortunately, there are plenty of 13-year-old sluts. Doesn't make it okay for adults to fuck them. It sounds like he truly doesn't understand.

Hal-9000
01-08-2018, 08:11 PM
She may have teased and lied and made things uncomfortable for the guy when he was living there.

But saying no and walking away is easy when you're the larger, stronger person in the interaction.

Sounds like he took things further on his own.

deebakes
01-11-2018, 12:42 AM
where are the parents? :?