PDA

View Full Version : Obama rips Fox News viewers: ‘You are living on a different planet’

Teh One Who Knocks
01-13-2018, 03:50 PM
By Brian Flood | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/YVe7hMu.png

Former President Barack Obama resurfaced on Friday and took a shot at Fox News viewers, saying they’re “living on a different planet” than people who consume mainstream media.

Obama made the remarks on the premiere of the new monthly Netflix series “My next guest needs no introduction with David Letterman,” which hit the streaming service on Friday morning. Early in the episode, Obama asked Letterman about his retirement but the veteran talk show host quickly let the former president know who was boss.

“Now here’s how this is gonna work. I’m gonna ask you stuff, and then you respond to stuff,” Letterman joked.

Letterman then asked Obama what he considers the more dangerous threat to a democracy, the president demeaning the press or a foreign power sabotaging the voting process. Both options are clearly jabs at President Trump and Obama answered without mentioning the current president’s name.

“One of the biggest challenges we have to our democracy is the degree to which we don’t share a common baseline of facts,” Obama said. "If you watch Fox News, you are living on a different planet than you are if you are listening to NPR.”

The response got a big round of applause from the presumably liberal crowd at the City College of New York. Obama has a long history of taking shots at Fox News but the recent comment marks his first public attack on the network and its viewers since leaving the White House.

While Trump is often criticized for attacking the media and labeling CNN as “fake news,” Obama’s comment is a reminder that the White House and the press have sparred for decades. Obama once even accused Fox News of “attacking” his administration during an interview with CNBC.

Letterman said goodbye to his long-running talk show two years ago and has launched a six-episode series on Netflix. In each hour-long episode, Letterman conducts a long-form conversation with a single guest, and explores topics of his own outside the studio.

George Clooney, Malala Yousafzai, Jay-Z, Tina Fey, and Howard Stern are scheduled to be guests on Letterman’s show over the next five months.

DemonGeminiX
01-13-2018, 04:43 PM
We're living on Planet Earth, you deluded fucking traitor.

RBP
01-13-2018, 05:25 PM
:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-13-2018, 09:37 PM
We're living on Planet Earth, you deluded fucking traitor.

To be fair, it's different then the one he is living on

Godfather
01-13-2018, 10:47 PM
He compared Fox to NPR. Where does NPR come down on the political spectrum?

KevinD
01-14-2018, 02:32 AM
Central to far left wacadoodle

Muddy
01-14-2018, 02:26 PM
I dunno.. NPR has some pretty good news stories.. I never really see politics in their productions.

deebakes
01-14-2018, 02:40 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2zfstqh.jpg

Muddy
01-14-2018, 11:23 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2zfstqh.jpg

Do you ever watch it or do you just form an opinion based on memes?

deebakes
01-15-2018, 12:30 AM
watch npr? wtf are you talking about? :?

Muddy
01-15-2018, 01:55 AM
It was a pretty well written question I thought.. Do you ever watch NPR?

KevinD
01-15-2018, 03:34 AM
It's a radio show.....National Public Radio. Tbh, I'm not aware of any televised or Internet video versions.

Muddy
01-15-2018, 03:58 AM
good point.. I am rolling PBS into NPR.. :oops:

deebakes
01-15-2018, 04:03 AM
It was a pretty well written question I thought.. Do you ever watch NPR?

It's a radio show.....National Public Radio. Tbh, I'm not aware of any televised or Internet video versions.

good point.. I am rolling PBS into NPR.. :oops:

bingo :lol:

Muddy
01-15-2018, 04:22 AM
Beer is good. :d

deebakes
01-15-2018, 04:29 AM
Beer is good. :d

so is not questioning me dad :lol:

Muddy
01-15-2018, 04:34 AM
I was once on NPR. We had a public meeting when we got the roads made legal for golf carts at the river. It became a big ordeal and a ton of people showed up. The story they broadcasted was called "golf cart madness" and I was quoted a few times because I was a speaker/proponent for it.

RBP
01-15-2018, 04:41 AM
I was once on NPR. We had a public meeting when we got the roads made legal for golf carts at the river. It became a big ordeal and a ton of people showed up. The story they broadcasted was called "golf cart madness" and I was quoted a few times because I was a speaker/proponent for it.

:tup: You little activist!

I was on Whad'Ya Know? in Madison, WI in the 90's. I was also featured on an HGTV show once.

deebakes
01-15-2018, 04:54 AM
i seem to remember being on tv a few times :-k

The Monk
01-15-2018, 04:58 AM
By Brian Flood | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/YVe7hMu.png

Former President Barack Obama resurfaced on Friday and took a shot at Fox News viewers, saying they’re “living on a different planet” than people who consume mainstream media.

Obama made the remarks on the premiere of the new monthly Netflix series “My next guest needs no introduction with David Letterman,” which hit the streaming service on Friday morning. Early in the episode, Obama asked Letterman about his retirement but the veteran talk show host quickly let the former president know who was boss.

“Now here’s how this is gonna work. I’m gonna ask you stuff, and then you respond to stuff,” Letterman joked.

Letterman then asked Obama what he considers the more dangerous threat to a democracy, the president demeaning the press or a foreign power sabotaging the voting process. Both options are clearly jabs at President Trump and Obama answered without mentioning the current president’s name.

“One of the biggest challenges we have to our democracy is the degree to which we don’t share a common baseline of facts,” Obama said. "If you watch Fox News, you are living on a different planet than you are if you are listening to NPR.”

The response got a big round of applause from the presumably liberal crowd at the City College of New York. Obama has a long history of taking shots at Fox News but the recent comment marks his first public attack on the network and its viewers since leaving the White House.

While Trump is often criticized for attacking the media and labeling CNN as “fake news,” Obama’s comment is a reminder that the White House and the press have sparred for decades. Obama once even accused Fox News of “attacking” his administration during an interview with CNBC.

Letterman said goodbye to his long-running talk show two years ago and has launched a six-episode series on Netflix. In each hour-long episode, Letterman conducts a long-form conversation with a single guest, and explores topics of his own outside the studio.

George Clooney, Malala Yousafzai, Jay-Z, Tina Fey, and Howard Stern are scheduled to be guests on Letterman’s show over the next five months.

I watched this interview last night and was impressed.

Despite what you Americans may think of his politics, he was very well spoken and if I say so myself, VERY presidential. Not one swipe at anyone!

perrhaps
01-15-2018, 08:03 AM
A client and I were on an episode of "Hard Copy" back in the day. I was also on CNN Headline News with another client.

Pony
01-15-2018, 12:52 PM

https://i.imgur.com/bfG6hhO.jpg

deebakes
01-15-2018, 02:36 PM
:shhh:

Goofy
01-15-2018, 03:02 PM
I watched this interview last night and was impressed.

Despite what you Americans may think of his politics, he was very well spoken and if I say so myself, VERY presidential. Not one swipe at anyone!
He always came across as a very likeable and intelligent guy whenever i saw him speak....... but ultimately politicians are judged on their policies and actions and from what i read here most of our the US forumites are not big fans of him :lol:

Pony
01-15-2018, 03:39 PM
He always came across as a very likeable and intelligent guy whenever i saw him speak....... but ultimately politicians are judged on their policies and actions and from what i read here most of our the US forumites are not big fans of him :lol:

Yes, he was always well spoken and usually "presidential", Unfortunately his policies and personal bias have put the country in a tailspin, especially where race relations, law enforcement and illegal immigration are concerned.

Griffin
01-15-2018, 04:20 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJG75FJkjr8

KevinD
01-15-2018, 11:13 PM
Only time I made it on TV was decades ago. Long story, but I got into trouble over it. Funnily enough, it involved the reporter credited with shutting down the Chicken Ranch from above clip

Noilly Pratt
01-15-2018, 11:34 PM
I was on the ad for the PNE (Pacific National Exhibition - the west coast of Canada's answer to a county fair) in the 70's sliding and tumbling down the super long slide, looking like I'm having a great time. They used it for about 4 years. Its filmed from far away but we recognized the hand-knitted sweater from England and my brown suede shoes.

We were leaving the park for the day at the end of the day and they offered me a free slide.

I also made the national news one New Years for roaming the Vancouver streets wearing antlers, and generally carrying on for a festival called "First Night".

DemonGeminiX
01-16-2018, 12:21 AM
I've never been on TV, but I was featured in local and regional newspapers several times in the past for different accomplishments.

lost in melb.
01-16-2018, 02:20 AM

:tup: You little activist!

I was on Whad'Ya Know? in Madison, WI in the 90's. I was also featured on an HGTV show once.

And I was once interviewed for an article on an american science blog.

We should form an alternative world government, or something...:drunk:

deebakes
01-16-2018, 02:39 AM
i was on australian television once getting interviewed on coogee beach :lol:

lost in melb.
01-16-2018, 08:47 AM
I was on the ad for the PNE (Pacific National Exhibition - the west coast of Canada's answer to a county fair) in the 70's sliding and tumbling down the super long slide, looking like I'm having a great time. They used it for about 4 years. Its filmed from far away but we recognized the hand-knitted sweater from England and my brown suede shoes.

:haha:

https://www.morphsuits.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/matk-darcy.png

lost in melb.
01-16-2018, 08:49 AM
i was on australian television once getting interviewed on coogee beach :lol:

:boobs:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LcsI-3YdgJo/maxresdefault.jpg

deebakes
01-17-2018, 03:48 AM
:dance: