PDA

View Full Version : Budweiser no longer among America's top three beers, according to sales estimates

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2018, 12:27 PM
By Michael Bartiromo | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/nFb4bqJ.jpg

Budweiser may advertise itself as the “king of beers,” but it just got demoted to fourth-in-line for the throne.

According to industry sales estimates shared in Beer Marketer’s Insights, Budweiser is no longer among the top three best-selling beers in America, having been overtaken in its third-place spot by Miller Lite.

First- and second-place still belong to Bud Light and Coors Light, respectively.

This is the first time Budweiser hasn’t cracked the top three spots since at least the 1970s, according to Eric Shepard, the executive editor of Beer Marketer’s Insights who spoke with Richmond.com. (BMI only started recording sales data in 1977.)

This also marks the first time all three of the top-selling beers were light beers.

https://i.imgur.com/Jk6yvkH.jpg

Beer Marketer’s Insights, however, says Budweiser still has a slight edge over Miller Lite when export sales are factored in, according to preliminary estimates.

One possible reason for Budweiser’s drop in sales might be due to millennials being less likely to drink Budweiser than the rest of the general population, per data from a UBS study cited by Business Insider. However, that same study also found that millennials are less likely to recommend Miller Lite than they are Budweiser.

Overall, beer sales in general have been down from previous years. Despite its new third-place status, sales of Miller Lite have actually dipped since 2016. In fact, only three brands included in the top 10 — Corona, Michelob Ultra and Modelo Especial — had increased their shipments in 2017.

Nevertheless, MillerCoors CEO Gavin Hattersley has chalked Miller Lite’s upward mobility as a win in early December, when Hattersley announced that the brand was gaining on the competition, reports the Milwaukee Business Journal.

"We think our positioning of Miller Lite being the 'Original Lite Beer' and Coors Light being 'The World's Most Refreshing Beer' are great positions and we're building on those," said Hattersley.

Muddy
01-24-2018, 01:33 PM
That shit gives you a headache. (Budweiser)

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2018, 01:38 PM
I can drink Budweiser, but it's definitely not my first choice. The one brand of beer I've never ever liked was Miller. I've tried multiple Miller products and (to me) they're all horrible.

Muddy
01-24-2018, 02:35 PM
I have been on a Miller Lite kick lately when I'm not on the IPA bandwagon.

redred
01-24-2018, 02:40 PM
but bud is still number 1 , i don't get it :lol:

oh and it's all shit anyway

Muddy
01-24-2018, 03:03 PM
but bud is still number 1 , i don't get it :lol:

oh and it's all shit anyway

You know what beer I think sucks but they try to push it off on us as premium? Stella.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2018, 03:06 PM
You know what beer I think sucks but they try to push it off on us as premium? Stella.

Heineken sucks too.

DemonGeminiX
01-24-2018, 03:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkavReH4LE0

redred
01-24-2018, 04:10 PM
You know what beer I think sucks but they try to push it off on us as premium? Stella.That chemical taste puts me off :lol:

redred
01-24-2018, 04:11 PM
Heineken sucks too.That's not bad over here , might be brewed different

Muddy
01-24-2018, 04:12 PM
I think Newcastle Brown is pretty good for mass produced beer.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2018, 04:17 PM
That's not bad over here , might be brewed different

Totally different. I had Heineken all three times when I was in Holland and it tasted good. Over here, the stuff brewed for import is awful and way overpriced.

DemonGeminiX
01-24-2018, 04:24 PM
If I drink, and it's few and far between... Samuel Adams, Yuengling, Newcastle Brown Ale, and the occasional Guinness. But like I said, it's few and far between. I haven't had a beer or any other alcoholic beverage in several years. I haven't even had any wine or champagne on special occasions.

My Dad used to drink, and my brother currently drinks Miller Lite. Why, I don't know. Personally, I think it tastes nasty and is only one step above the flavored water known as Natural Light.

Godfather
01-25-2018, 02:22 AM
I'll just say the full-on hipster thing and admit that I haven't bought a case of beer from a macro-brewery in probably 5+ years. In college I drank Bud, Canadian, Kokanee, whatever was cheap or came with free junk :lol: ... but the craft beer scene is so outrageously good right now, you're supporting locally, the prices are comparable, selection and flavor is better, plus the vibe in these places is great.

I'll never complain about a free beer but I certainly won't buy this stuff myself anymore.

RBP
01-25-2018, 02:26 AM
I'll just say the full-on hipster thing and admit that I haven't bought a case of beer from a macro-brewery in probably 5+ years. In college I drank Bud, Canadian, Kokanee, whatever was cheap or came with free junk :lol: ... but the craft beer scene is so outrageously good right now, you're supporting locally, the prices are comparable, selection and flavor is better, plus the vibe in these places is great.

I'll never complain about a free beer but I certainly won't buy this stuff myself anymore.

https://i.imgur.com/0Kn9yTH.jpg