PDA

View Full Version : Amazon pulls 'slavery gets sh-t done' products from site

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2018, 12:32 PM
By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/PjQEey0.jpg

Amazon has pulled a number of items for sale on its website which featured the saying, “slavery gets sh-t done.”

The online retail giant removed the products — reportedly ranging from t-shirts, to bags, to mugs, to children’s clothing — following backlash from shoppers, Reuters reported Monday.
The controversial products, according to Amazon, were sold online by third-party sellers.

“All Marketplace sellers must follow our selling guidelines and those who don’t will be subject to action including potential removal of their account,” an Amazon spokesperson told Reuters. “The products in question are no longer available.”

As of Tuesday, the items were removed from Amazon’s site, but a Google search of the slogan on the shopping website found a number of links that redirect to former item pages.

https://i.imgur.com/WOsxMs8.png

The design of the product shows the slogan, “slavery gets sh-t done,” with a background image of what appears to be the Egyptian pyramids, which are thought to have been built by slaves.

Amazon’s decision to move the products from its website comes two weeks after H&M removed a product featuring the slogan “Coolest Monkey in the Jungle,” modeled by a black child.

While the child’s mother told those who were offended by the advertisement to “stop crying wolf” and to “get over it,” some angered customers called the Stockholm-based retailer racist, and vandalized a string of stores in South Africa.

Goofy
01-24-2018, 01:42 PM
Nae cunt can take a joke these days, offended by fuckin everything :|

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2018, 01:44 PM
Nae cunt can take a joke these days, offended by fuckin everything :|

Like I said in another thread, I just don't understand these people that get up every single day and head out looking for something to be offended by. Just go on with your own fucking pathetic life.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-24-2018, 05:16 PM
Its not wrong

RBP
01-24-2018, 05:23 PM
Am I romanticizing the past or did we used to see things like this, laugh, say "that's fucked up", and move on?

PorkChopSandwiches
01-24-2018, 05:24 PM
Some of us still do :lol:

RBP
01-24-2018, 05:25 PM
Some of us still do :lol:

:lol: Well, yes, but I meant more collectively as a society.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2018, 05:34 PM
:lol: Well, yes, but I meant more collectively as a society.

I don't think it's a majority of people doing this (getting offended). They are just VERY vocal about it and throw a temper tantrum until they get their way. The bigger problem is the people/companies that bow to their demands. Very, very bad precedents that got set because now anyone that gets their feelings hurt knows that if they make a big enough stink about it, they will get their way.

Hal-9000
01-24-2018, 08:44 PM
As Porky mentioned, it's a pretty accurate statement :lol:

And if the people who think slavery only happened to blacks in 1700's America, they need to read another book.

RBP
01-24-2018, 09:02 PM
As Porky mentioned, it's a pretty accurate statement :lol:

And if the people who think slavery only happened to blacks in 1700's America, they need to read another book.

Or are more offended by America's history than actually slaves today.

Hal-9000
01-24-2018, 09:05 PM
slaves to an abstract ideal...

Oh don't get me started!! :x

:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-25-2018, 04:49 PM

Well, the shirt does show pyramids :lol: