PDA

View Full Version : Congressional Black Caucus buried 2005 Obama-Farrakhan photo, photographer says

Teh One Who Knocks
01-26-2018, 11:20 AM
By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/oSJvcwg.jpg

Photojournalist Askia Muhammad released a photo this week showing former President Barack Obama and the controversial Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan from Obama's years as a state senator -- and the photographer revealed Thursday that the Congressional Black Caucus had pressured him for more than a decade to keep it hidden.

Muhammad told the Trice Edney News Wire last week that he believed that the image “absolutely would have made a difference” in the 2008 presidential campaign had it been made public.

The image taken in 2005 at a Congressional Black Caucus meeting on Capitol Hill showed then-Senator Obama, a young Democrat from Illinois, smiling side-by-side with Farrakhan.

Muhammad told Fox News’ Tucker Carlson that the same day he snapped the photo, the CBC contacted him.

“A staff member from the black caucus called me and said ‘we have to have the picture back,’ and I was kind of taken aback. And we talked a couple of times on the phone after that, and I said ‘Okay, I will give the picture back to Minister Farrakhan’s chief of staff,’” he said on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

He added that after he gave the original copy to Farrakhan’s staff, he kept his own copy but remained quiet.

“I gave the original disk to him and in a sense swore myself to secrecy because I had quietly made a copy for myself,” Muhammad said. “It’s my picture, it’s my art, and it’s my intellectual property. I owned it and I wanted to keep it.”

He said the CBC called him while he was still on Capitol Hill and he believed that it was because “they sensed the future.”

“Minister Farrakhan and his reputation would hurt someone trying to win acceptance in the broad cross-section,” he said, referring to the possibility at the time that the young senator was being considered for a presidential run.

Muhammad also said that Obama had, at some point, people from the Nation of Islam working on his staff and in his offices.

“In fact he had people from the Nation of Islam working on his staff and in his office in the Chicago, his Senate staff. The members of the Nation of Islam helped him in his Senate campaign and on the South Side of Chicago.”

The Congressional Black Caucus did not immediately reply to Fox News’ request for a comment.

deebakes
01-27-2018, 02:33 AM
:shocker:

Hal-9000
01-28-2018, 05:43 PM
So Obama had his picture taken with a nation of Islam leader 13 years ago. A man can't be held accountable for people in the same frame...

Check out the physical positioning during this interview...and the surprise guest at the end :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w-ByEzJ7qc

DemonGeminiX
01-28-2018, 06:58 PM
The difference being is that Louis Farrakhan is a racist, anti-American prick. Well, Al Sharpton is too, but not to the extent that Farrakhan is.

RBP
01-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Dershowitz: I Wouldn't Have Campaigned for Obama If I Knew About Farrakhan Pic

Harvard Law Professor and longtime Democrat Alan Dershowitz said he would not have campaigned for then-Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) if he knew about the future president's photo op with Louis Farrakhan.

Farrakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam, is a "virulent anti-Semite and anti-American," Dershowitz said on "Fox & Friends."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/01/27/obama-farrakhan-photo-dershowitz-says-he-would-not-support-him-if-he-knew-about-picture

Hikari Kisugi
01-28-2018, 08:35 PM
People making statement like it makes the remotest bit of difference.

''I would have appeased him if I'd realised what a cunt Hitler would turn out to be''... every western leader in the 30s

''I would have grounded challenger if I knew it was going to blow up''... the chiefs at NASA

One photo does not maketh the man.

DemonGeminiX
01-28-2018, 11:55 PM
Louis Farrakhan is famous for his views, and has been for decades. There is no greater example of someone in the public eye being as Anti-American as he is and being unapologetic about it. Obama shouldn't have been in the same room with him, let alone taking a picture with him. The black national caucus knew it, and that's why they buried the picture. You can say it's all guilt by association, but if you look at some of the moves Obama made with the Middle East during his 2 terms, notably his icy relationship with our decades-long ally in Israel, and his bowing to Iran, it's not surprising that he'd shake Farrakhan's hand. The BNC were smart for holding back that picture. Image is everything when you're in the public eye, and if the people knew about this photo-op, Obama would never have made it past the primaries.

Muddy
01-29-2018, 01:00 AM
A pictures worth a thousand words..

lost in melb.
01-29-2018, 03:24 AM
Indeed, they are

https://eslkevin.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/067fd-donald-trump-steve-wynn-gop-adviser2b252812529.jpg

https://www.veteranstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/160901184027-donald-trump-roy-cohn-file-full-169.jpg

RBP
01-29-2018, 04:41 AM
You do have a point.

https://i.imgur.com/JJGKFcP.jpg

Muddy
01-29-2018, 05:11 PM
Indeed, they are

https://eslkevin.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/067fd-donald-trump-steve-wynn-gop-adviser2b252812529.jpg

https://www.veteranstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/160901184027-donald-trump-roy-cohn-file-full-169.jpg

How are any of these in ANY way comparable to The Black Hitler?

DemonGeminiX
01-29-2018, 09:40 PM
Yeah, for one, none of those men are Anti-American racist pricks. But aside from that...

Teh One Who Knocks
01-30-2018, 12:23 PM
Peter Hasson, Associate Editor - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/I0ns7xA.jpg

The establishment media is ignoring a scandal that could damage former President Barack Obama’s legacy.

A new photo has emerged that shows Obama smiling with Louis Farrakhan, the leader of a black nationalist hate group, at a Congressional Black Caucus meeting in 2005. Obama was a senator at the time. Farrakhan is the longtime leader of the Nation of Islam, which even the left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has said is an anti-Semitic, anti-white hate group.

A journalist for a Nation of Islam publication, Askia Muhammad, took the photo but suppressed its publication for 13 years in order to protect Obama’s presidential aspirations. Now, establishment journalists refuse to even cover the photo’s existence, in effect suppressing the photo for a second time.

The bombshell photo was first published on Jan. 20 by the Trice Edney News Wire, a “provocative, empowering, unapologetically Black” wire news service that interviewed Muhammad. Talking Points Memo, a liberal website, picked up the photo in a Jan. 25 story that made the Drudge Report, an influential news aggregator.
Obama’s office did not return a request for comment.

Other than the TPM article, left-wing and establishment media sources have covered for Obama since the photo became public, primarily by ignoring its existence.

The New York Times, the Washington Post and CNN all have yet to publish a single article on the topic. The Wall Street Journal had published one piece on the photo: an opinion column that went up Monday night.

The New Yorker ran a piece that acknowledged the photo “might have derailed Obama,” but portrayed Obama as the victim for taking a photo with the leader of a known hate group.

“This past week, the response, both to the picture itself and to the fact of its years-long suppression, was predictable, if not totally unwarranted: Fox News latched on, and the lawyer and lifelong Democrat Alan Dershowitz—who, last January, had threatened to leave the Party if Ellison won the prize at the D.N.C.—declared that he never would have campaigned for Obama had he seen him standing near Farrakhan back when. I’m sure he’s not the only one,” wrote the New Yorker’s Vinson Cunningham.

“Muhammad, that anonymous C.B.C. functionary, and Farrakhan, with that faux-harmless smile, all knew it: if that picture spreads in 2007 or 2008, a whole different history ensues,” Cunningham wrote.

Obama was slow to distance himself from Farrakhan during the 2008 campaign after his ties to the pastor became a campaign issue.

Obama attended the Million Man March in 1995, which was organized by Farrakhan, and some of his early political backers in Chicago were Farrakhan allies.

Obama’s former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, repeatedly praised Farrakhan and had plenty his own history of inflammatory statements, such as “God damn America.” Obama was forced to distance himself from Wright during the campaign, even though Wright married Barack and Michelle Obama and baptized their daughters.

The Rev. Michael Pfleger, another Chicago-area clergyman whom the New York Times identified in 2008 as one of Obama’s early political backers, is a longtime supporter of both Farrakhan and Wright. Pfleger told The New Yorker in 2016 that he still considers Farrakhan his closest adviser.

During the 2008 campaign, Obama was slow to reject Farrakhan’s emphatic endorsement. A spokesperson for Obama initially released a statement that said Obama had “been clear in his objections to Minister Farrakhan’s past pronouncements and has not solicited the minister’s support.” The statement did not reject Farrakhan’s endorsement.

“I obviously can’t censor him, but it is not support that I sought,” Obama said later. “And we’re not doing anything, I assure you, formally or informally with Minister Farrakhan.” He added: “I can’t say to somebody that he can’t say that he thinks I’m a good guy.”

Obama only rejected Farrakhan’s endorsement after Hillary Clinton slammed the senator for being so slow to distance himself from the hate group leader. “If the word ‘reject’ Senator Clinton feels is stronger than the word ‘denounce,’ then I’m happy to concede the point, and I would reject and denounce,” Obama said.

Farrakhan said at an event in 2016 that Obama visited him in Chicago shortly before the senator launched his campaign for president in 2007. During his speech, Farrakhan said a photo exists of himself with Obama, although it’s not clear if he was referring to the 2005 photo. Farrakhan also claimed that the Nation of Islam backed Obama’s early political career in Chicago, dating all the way back to 1996.

In other words: the new photo is just the latest evidence that Obama palled around with political and racial extremists as a politician in Chicago.

If Obama’s legacy escapes the Farrakhan scandal intact, he may very well have the media to thank for that.

DemonGeminiX
01-30-2018, 01:23 PM
Imagine that.