PDA

View Full Version : Teen with terminal cancer to wed high school sweetheart

Teh One Who Knocks
01-26-2018, 11:34 AM
By Jackie Salo - The New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/N8gfWG7.jpg

A Florida community is rallying around a teen with terminal cancer to help him fulfill his dying wish of marrying his high school sweetheart.

Dustin Snyder, 19, will wed his girlfriend, Sierra Siverio, in a ceremony Sunday after the Valrico community pitched in to help make their nuptials come together, news station WFTS reported.

Snyder is battling a rare form of cancer, synovial sarcoma, which he was diagnosed with a day before his 18th birthday.

He successfully underwent chemotherapy treatment last year, but the cancer returned three weeks ago, ravaging his stomach and pelvic area.

The teen was placed in hospice with a pain pump attached to his heart, according to news station WJXT.

Knowing his days were numbered, Snyder wanted to marry his long-term girlfriend, who has helped him through his entire battle.

His sister, Brittany Hails, created a GoFundMe page to help make his final wish a reality.

“He really wants to marry the woman that has stuck by his side through all the sleepless nights and now dealing with knowing he will pass any time soon,” Hails wrote.

Since the fundraising page was launched, the couple has received rings, a cake, a photographer, decor, tables and food for their special day.

They plan to wed at Big Red Barn in Plant City after the venue donated the space.

“The experience has been amazing,” Hails told WJXT. “My brother will have an amazing day.”

Godfather
01-27-2018, 02:21 AM
Aw man, poor kid. That's really sweet.

Personally I don't think I could do that to a girl I loved, I think I'd refuse to leave behind a teenage widow... but then again I've never been there so who the fuck am I to judge. Cancer sucks.