PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony acquitted of murder

RBP
07-05-2011, 06:30 PM
A Florida jury has found Casey Anthony not guilty of murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

The juryof 7 women and 5 men in Orlando did find the 25-year-old Anthony guilty of giving false information to a law enforcement in connection with the case. The jurors returned the verdict after more than 10 hours of deliberation.

Update at 2: 26 p..m.ET: As each actuittal verdict was read,Anthony started to break into a sob, but held back. She occasionally took deep breaths as the rest of the verdict wsa read.

Update at 2:23 p.m. ET: The judge said Anthony will be sentenced on Thursday at 9 a.m. ET on the conviction of giving false information to law enforcement officers.

Update at 2:22 p.m. ET: Anthony quaked as the verdict was returned and wiped tears from her eyes.

Original post: Jurors in Orlando have reached a verdict in the murder trial of Casey Anthony, the Associated Press reports.

The verdict will be read at 2:15 p.m. ET.

Anthony, 25, is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, in June 2008 by covering her mouth in duct tape. Caylee's body was found six months later in woods near the Anthony home.

Lead defense attorney Jose Baez told the jury that Caylee accidentally drowned and that Casey's father, George, helped Casey cover up the death to make it look like a homicide.

Casey Anthony never testified, and George Anthony denied any involvement in Caylee's death or the disposal of her body.

The prosecution team said Casey Anthony dumped Caylee's body in the woods and resumed her life of partying and shopping. She could receive the death penalty if convicted of first-degree murder.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 06:30 PM
:facepalm:

Muddy
07-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Chuck that bitch off the roof...

DemonGeminiX
07-05-2011, 06:38 PM
I watched this case. The prosecution presented no definitive evidence and had no leg to stand on. The best they could do was pull on the jurors' heartstrings, but that's not enough to convict someone of the charges presented. The defense effectively presented the idea that there was too much to doubt.

As much as I hate it in my heart, based on the evidence presented, it was the correct verdict.

AntZ
07-05-2011, 06:42 PM
So a sweet little girl is dumped in a swamp with duct tape wrapped around her head while her "mother" partied hearty and no one is to blame??

Maybe that "mystery baby sitter' is related to the drug gang that killed Nicole and her friend, and shot Robert Blake's wife! :-k

Hello book deals! One for all involved! :cheerlead:

Muddy
07-05-2011, 06:44 PM
So a sweet little girl is dumped in a swamp with duct tape wrapped around her head while her "mother" partied hearty and no one is to blame??

Maybe that "mystery baby sitter' is related to the drug gang that killed Nicole and her friend, and shot Robert Blake's wife! :-k

ditto.

DemonGeminiX
07-05-2011, 06:52 PM

Blame the investigators and the prosecution. They dropped the ball.

Hal-9000
07-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Is this the one where she went out and partied after knowing her child was dead? (forget about the actual cause for now...)

From 2008? Didn't she actually make a quote saying she was relieved not to be a parent anymore?

:( sad day

DemonGeminiX
07-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Yep.

Hal-9000
07-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Displaying no sympathy for the loss of a child - 10 years, no parole

Acid Trip
07-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Blame the investigators and the prosecution. They dropped the ball.

They didn't just drop the ball, they dropped it into a volcano never to be seen again. Shrewd move to not put Casey on the witness chair and it paid off big time.

DemonGeminiX
07-05-2011, 07:16 PM
After she serves time for the false information charges, if she survives the stint in jail, then she's gonna have to move, get a new identity, and have some cosmetic surgery to change her appearance because this will never be over for her. People will never let this one go.

Muddy
07-05-2011, 07:27 PM
She'll be on facebook in 30 days doing duckface pictures for the camera looking for cock...

http://xaxor.com/images/Duckface_/Duckface_15.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 07:28 PM
I watched this case. The prosecution presented no definitive evidence and had no leg to stand on. The best they could do was pull on the jurors' heartstrings, but that's not enough to convict someone of the charges presented. The defense effectively presented the idea that there was too much to doubt.

As much as I hate it in my heart, based on the evidence presented, it was the correct verdict.

I respectfully disagree

Acid Trip
07-05-2011, 07:29 PM
After she serves time for the false information charges, if she survives the stint in jail, then she's gonna have to move, get a new identity, and have some cosmetic surgery to change her appearance because this will never be over for her. People will never let this one go.

She could be out of jail very soon. If they are doing concurrent sentences on lying to the police I think her time is about up. It's been over 3 years at this point.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 07:34 PM
I wonder if the OJ murder trial jury will be inviting this jury over for a party now? :-k

Muddy
07-05-2011, 07:36 PM
She's gonna have to make a sex tape now to pay for all these lawyers...

minz
07-05-2011, 07:38 PM
As painful as it is, DGX is right, I watched a fair bit of this on TV, no hard evidence, just circumstantial which isn’t enough for a conviction in such a serious crime, some people just don’t deserve the right to have children :(

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 07:40 PM
As painful as it is, DGX is right, I watched a fair bit of this on TV, no hard evidence, just circumstantial which isn’t enough for a conviction in such a serious crime, some people just don’t deserve the right to have children :(

Yet her lawyer was worse and he won...all he did was keep telling fantasy stories, none of which made any sense.

They should have given this jury an IQ test before they were chosen.

minz
07-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Yet her lawyer was worse and he won...all he did was keep telling fantasy stories, none of which made any sense.

More like the prosecution should have gathered more evidence, they let that poor little girl down big time.

Hal-9000
07-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Yes as painful (and protective) as it seems, in court they have to provide reasonable evidence that she committed the crime :|

It's a good theory and does save innocents from time to time.

Hal-9000
07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
I wonder if the OJ murder trial jury will be inviting this jury over for a party now? :-k

Did you hear about Oprah's dream? :lol:
She explained in detail how OJ was in it, admitted to killing Nicole and even demonstrated the method....and then wanted to appear on her show to explain.

No comment from the OJ camp...

Deepsepia
07-05-2011, 08:01 PM

One of the very tough questions is "what does 'beyond a reasonable doubt' actually mean?"

It not really a number, and while it sounds 'obvious', in practice its not.

There's a different standard, used in civil cases, "preponderance of evidence", which is much easier to understand . . . "more likely than not".

I haven't followed the case too closely, but from what I've seen the whole family were lying trash. In those circumstances, a juror might be forgiven for concluding "I just don't know what's true with these people".

Acid Trip
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
This case lacked a smoking gun and it showed.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 10:01 PM
I wonder if she's gonna write a book like OJ now: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened

Muddy
07-05-2011, 10:02 PM
I wonder if she's gonna write a book like OJ now: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened

Im not sure someone wouldn't fuck her up if she did that...

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Im not sure someone wouldn't fuck her up if she did that...

I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to take her out anyway

Muddy
07-05-2011, 10:04 PM
This little bitch has got a lot of people riled up right now...

AntZ
07-05-2011, 10:09 PM

They took a page from the "Chewbacca Defense"! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense First it was the evil babysitter! Then it was the parents disposing the body after a pool drowning! Then something about a pedophile grandfather??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1QI4P0YqtM

Classic, throw shit at the wall and see what sticks?? Ol' Johnny Cochran was struck down by a brain tumor, after those scumbags get done high-fiving each other for getting a baby killer off, they should get themselves checked! As John Lennon wrote, Instant Karma hit's you right in the head!

Yt Trash
07-05-2011, 10:19 PM
She can be out as early as Thursday! For time already served.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 10:24 PM
They took a page from the "Chewbacca Defense"! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense First it was the evil babysitter! Then it was the parents disposing the body after a pool drowning! Then something about a pedophile grandfather??

Believe me, I know, that's why I said the whole defense was bullshit. Granted, all the prosecution had was circumstantial evidence, but what they presented, IMO, was more than enough to convict.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 10:24 PM
She can be out as early as Thursday! For time already served.

I'd almost guarantee that they release her on Thursday

Hal-9000
07-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Believe me, I know, that's why I said the whole defense was bullshit. Granted, all the prosecution had was circumstantial evidence, but what they presented, IMO, was more than enough to convict.

One day if/when that girl grows up....she'll break down and realize the gravity of what she did.

Yt Trash
07-05-2011, 10:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8LCLo.jpg

Muddy
07-05-2011, 10:30 PM

Thats pretty good... :)

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 10:32 PM

:cheers:

AntZ
07-05-2011, 10:42 PM
The Talk’s Julie Chen Breaks Down Upon Hearing Verdict In Casey Anthony Trial

by Mark Joyella | 3:07 pm, July 5th, 2011

The dramatic verdict in the Casey Anthony trial came down as CBS’ The Talk was underway, and viewers witnesses co-host Julie Chen breaking down at word Anthony had been found not guilty of killing her daughter Caylee. Chen, who attempted to read the verdict, became clearly emotional and unable to continue, asking her co-hosts to take over. “Help me out here.”

Chen fanned herself as the co-hosts of The Talk began to discuss the case and the not guilty verdict.

Video: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-talks-julie-chen-breaks-down-upon-hearing-verdict-in-casey-anthony-trial/

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 10:46 PM
The Talk’s Julie Chen Breaks Down Upon Hearing Verdict In Casey Anthony Trial

by Mark Joyella | 3:07 pm, July 5th, 2011

The dramatic verdict in the Casey Anthony trial came down as CBS’ The Talk was underway, and viewers witnesses co-host Julie Chen breaking down at word Anthony had been found not guilty of killing her daughter Caylee. Chen, who attempted to read the verdict, became clearly emotional and unable to continue, asking her co-hosts to take over. “Help me out here.”

Chen fanned herself as the co-hosts of The Talk began to discuss the case and the not guilty verdict.

Video: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-talks-julie-chen-breaks-down-upon-hearing-verdict-in-casey-anthony-trial/

She's not the only one:

Nancy Grace Lashes Out at Casey Anthony Verdict
By Mike Fleeman - People Magazine

From the very beginning, Nancy Grace made it clear: She felt that Casey Anthony was a baby killer.

Throughout the televised murder trial, Grace mocked, ridiculed and lambasted Anthony – whom she called "Tot Mom" – and drew the ire of the defense team.

And so the HLN network legal commentator reacted with outrage Tuesday after Casey was found not guilty of murder and abuse charges in the 2008 death of 2-year-old daughter Caylee.

"I absolutely cannot believe that Caylee’s death has gone unavenged," she said moments after the reading of the verdicts. "Tot Mom will be walking free."

A former prosecutor, Grace empathized with the state's lawyers, saying, "They gave it their all" with "scientific evidence like none every seen in the country before."

"But, in the end," Grace said, "Tot Mom’s lies seemed to have worked."

Later, Grace sneered at reports the defense team was celebrating at a local bar.

"As the defense sits by and has their champagne toast after that not guilty verdict, somewhere out there the devil is dancing tonight," she said.

Hal-9000
07-05-2011, 11:20 PM

well done :thumbsup:

Southern Belle
07-06-2011, 01:45 AM
That shameless bitch will get what's coming to her in the end. Her verdict is that she'll have to live with herself.
So sad that the prosecution couldn't come up with enough concrete evidence. It's just heart breaking.

deebakes
07-06-2011, 01:54 AM
wow, i am a bit surprised by this news :(

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2011, 01:56 AM
That shameless bitch will get what's coming to her in the end. Her verdict is that she'll have to live with herself.
So sad that the prosecution couldn't come up with enough concrete evidence. It's just heart breaking.

Sorry to say but I don't think that will bother her one bit. Look how she was partying and carrying on when her kid was missing.

Southern Belle
07-06-2011, 01:59 AM
That's what makes her so shameless.

The jury can't be blamed. They are instructed to use the evidence and physical evidence apparently carries more weight than the fact that the bitch lied to her parents about her child's death and partied in spite of it.

But then, the jury doesn't have to listen to the lawyers. That's what makes me so sick.

deebakes
07-06-2011, 02:06 AM
i'd be the worst juror ever. everyone deserves the chair in my world :(

pepo
07-06-2011, 02:12 AM
lies, lies and lies!!!!!!!!!!! liars, liars and liars!!!!!!!!!!!! she got no consence and she wont be bother by murderring her child for the rest of her life. she giggle in the court like she got no problem in the world. crime do pay. lie about it untill you cant lie no more and then lie some more. baez just like her, lie in the courtroom and lie to a jury just to confuze them. that not being good defence!!!!!!! that just doing anyting to get you client off!!!!!!! pepo believed in america you supposed to be jugjed by jury of your peers and have all you rights protected in court by a good lawyer. since now i think that lies are the way to protect your rights???? he never shud be allowed to make lies in court without showing ways to prove them. pepo is disgusted by the way this case has hapened!!!! no children shud ever have to be afraid of mommy. real nightmare.

deebakes
07-06-2011, 02:15 AM
she's acquitted so clearly she didn't do it. it doesn't set precedent for kids to be afraid of mom ;)

pepo
07-06-2011, 02:19 AM
she's acquitted so clearly she didn't do it. it doesn't set precedent for kids to be afraid of mom ;)

she not guilty. but that dont mean she innocent.

FBD
07-06-2011, 08:47 PM
lies, lies and lies!!!!!!!!!!! liars, liars and liars!!!!!!!!!!!! she got no consence and she wont be bother by murderring her child for the rest of her life. she giggle in the court like she got no problem in the world. crime do pay. lie about it untill you cant lie no more and then lie some more. baez just like her, lie in the courtroom and lie to a jury just to confuze them. that not being good defence!!!!!!! that just doing anyting to get you client off!!!!!!! pepo believed in america you supposed to be jugjed by jury of your peers and have all you rights protected in court by a good lawyer. since now i think that lies are the way to protect your rights???? he never shud be allowed to make lies in court without showing ways to prove them. pepo is disgusted by the way this case has hapened!!!! no children shud ever have to be afraid of mommy. real nightmare.

Yeah, how's Peterson feeling right about now?

From what I gather the prosecution stuck a little bit too much with a particular story - I just cannot fathom how she wasnt at the very least convicted of manslaughter. The matter of Caylee went ENTIRELY unaddressed by these proceedings, it was all about could they prove the bitch actually committed murder.

On the plus side, it looks like the dumbbitch's mom may face some perjury charges, since its basically provable that she was *at work* while those chloroform searches took place - at her house?!

So by that rationale, if they try and convict her for perjury, they would have enough standing to appeal this decision, yes?

pepo
07-07-2011, 12:05 AM
yup! 12 jurors = 12 books = 12 times to cash in!!!! forget whats right. forget the little baby who got murdered. you convict her and you got no book deal coz its not controversal enugh for a book. pepo = cynical right now.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Casey Anthony Juror: We Were 'Sick' over Not Guilty Vote
By Dahvi Shira - People Magazine

Jennifer Ford wants to make one thing clear: acquitting Casey Anthony of murdering 2-year-old daughter Caylee should not be read as a full exoneration.

"I did not say she was innocent," Ford told ABC News on Wednesday. "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be."

Ford, the first juror to speak publicly about Anthony's acquittal, explains that a flood of emotions came over the panel after the verdicts were read Tuesday.

"We were sick to our stomach to get that verdict," she says. "We were crying, and not just the women. We weren't ready [to comment]. We wanted to do it with integrity and not contribute to the sensationalism of the trial."

:wtf:

WTF does she think not guilty means in this instance? :-s

Because of this moron jury, she (Anthony) can never be tried for this crime ever again, even if she went on national TV tonite and admitted that she did it.

I actually hope that Anthony does come out and admit it now so this fucking bunch of dumbasses on that jury will have to live with the fact that they let a fucking scumbag child killer go free.

Southern Belle
07-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Another OJ type trial. Smoke and mirrors and bullshit. Our judicial system is deteriorating to theatrics.