PDA

View Full Version : Teenager killed herself after accidental Snapchat revealing she’d cheated

Teh One Who Knocks
01-26-2018, 03:00 PM
Richard Hartley-Parkinson for Metro.co.uk

https://i.imgur.com/WTVnTMa.jpg

A teenager took her own life after she accidentally revealed to her boyfriend that she had slept with someone else.

Charlotte Guy, 17, meant to message a friend to confess, but sent it to Jack Hurst, 20, who was at university.

After realising what she had done, she messaged Jack again saying: ‘Goodbye. Please forgive me’ followed by a final message saying: ‘I love you – knowing that you hate me is enough.’

Jack called police after reading the messages and used her Snapchat account to pinpoint her location but Charlotte was found hanged from a tree in Wigan, Greater Manchester where she had been studying healthcare.

The couple had been dating on and off for two years and Jack told the inquest that they regularly spoke on the phone or messaged one another.

https://i.imgur.com/oiPdTrq.jpg

He told the inquest: ‘On Sunday [September] 24 she text me to say that she wanted to talk. I said I was busy doing something and I would speak to her later. After this she sent me a Snapchat message that was meant for her friend but that she had sent to me instead.

‘The Snapchat referenced her sleeping with someone on the Saturday night. She told me that it wasn’t for me, and apologised and said she was a horrible person.

‘She said that she wanted to talk and explain but I said that I didn’t feel like talking and to message me to say what she wanted to say.

‘At 17:11 I got a long text message for her starting with ‘okay I think I get the point’.

‘This message concerned me and I tried to call her but she didn’t answer. I got another message at 17:13 saying “it doesn’t matter. Goodbye. Please forgive me”.

‘The last message I got from her at 17:14 said: “I love you, knowing that you hate me is enough”.’

The night before she went out with friends Stephanie Bradshaw and Kieran Ashcroft.

Mr Ashcroft said: ‘She told me that she had been seeing someone called Jack Hurst for about two years but they had since split up.

‘She didn’t seem upset about it and seemed really happy the entire night. The next day I dropped her off home at around 6am and she sent me a message later on.

‘Charlotte told me that she had been having a good night, and seemed happy when I dropped her off the next morning.’

Earlier Charlotte’s parents Martin and Deborah Guy told their daughter had previously self harmed and had been referred to healthcare professional. Jack had previously told them their daughter had made comments to him about ending her life.

Mr and Mrs Guy said the last time they saw their daughter was on Sunday 24 September, when she had a cup of tea with them and informed them she was going to collect her things from a friends. Mr Guy said the messages conveyed to Jack, were ‘for attention’ and added: ‘I don’t think that she knew the severity of what she was doing.’

Charlotte’s brother Dean said of her break-up with Jack: ‘She was upset, but then we watched the films and when she went home she seemed happier.’

Recording a narrative conclusion, coroner Alan Walsh said: ‘Charlotte was 17 years of age when she died. She was at college, and her trigger points were work related stress of both college and work and domestic life with her boyfriend.

‘That may well have been a factor to affect her state of mind. She was in a relationship with Jack Hurst for the best part of two years.

He added: ‘I believed she was a troubled young lady. The effect it will have on her family and friends is beyond imagination.’

Teh One Who Knocks
01-26-2018, 03:01 PM
Recording a narrative conclusion, coroner Alan Walsh said: ‘Charlotte was 17 years of age when she died. She was at college, and her trigger points were work related stress of both college and work and domestic life with her boyfriend.

Really? Trigger points? I mean, yeah, it's sad that she felt she had to kill herself over something stupid like this, but is this really now part of an official coroner's report? Trigger points?

:facepalm:

RBP
01-26-2018, 03:13 PM
Really? Trigger points? I mean, yeah, it's sad that she felt she had to kill herself over something stupid like this, but is this really now part of an official coroner's report? Trigger points?

:facepalm:

Mental health triggers on an individual level are real and legitimate. I know, it's confusing. For example, a rape victim may have anxiety reactions to smells that mimic what she experienced at the time of the rape.

The problem is that SJW's have co-opted a legitimate psychological term and used it inappropriately. It makes the original use of the term also appear frivolous when it can be legitimate.

RBP
01-26-2018, 03:14 PM
Also, horrible story. Sad.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-26-2018, 03:17 PM
Mental health triggers on an individual level are real and legitimate. I know, it's confusing. For example, a rape victim may have anxiety reactions to smells that mimic what she experienced at the time of the rape.

The problem is that SJW's have co-opted a legitimate psychological term and used it inappropriately. It makes the original use of the term also appear frivolous when it can be legitimate.

Thank you for the clarification. I thought it (triggers) was something new being added to a coroner's report, I didn't realize it was the SJW's that are the ones that perverted the term and that it was an actual thing in mental health diagnoses. My bad.

Muddy
01-26-2018, 03:27 PM

You're a smart muther fugger.. You really need to work in your field.

RBP
01-26-2018, 04:06 PM
Thank you for the clarification. I thought it (triggers) was something new being added to a coroner's report, I didn't realize it was the SJW's that are the ones that perverted the term and that it was an actual thing in mental health diagnoses. My bad.

Nothing to feel bad about. It's confusing. Just like "sexual victimization" has become meaningless with #metoo - even "rape". It can mean anything and therefore means nothing. But to those that actually experience it on a personal level, it still matters.

Goofy
01-26-2018, 04:40 PM
What a shame and a waste of a life :(

Hal-9000
01-26-2018, 05:11 PM
You're a smart muther fugger.. You really need to work in your field.

He is...and I'll never mention it again :dance:

:fu: RBP

Muddy
01-26-2018, 05:24 PM
Social media really is a plague.

Hal-9000
01-26-2018, 05:31 PM
Social media really is a plague.

I've got a smartphone and it only does talk and text. People really stop and look at me when I tell them it's a phone that can't access their site or their app.

I don't go on Facebook and have never created a Twitter account.

It's my way of trying to stay grounded in recent years and I really like it.

Of course if I didn't have a PC all of that would change, but for right now it works and helps me step back from some of this shit.

Muddy
01-26-2018, 05:34 PM
I am proud to say that I dumped facebook about 4-6 months ago. I really do feel better because of it. My anxiety had gone through the roof, I was angry, and I looked at people judgingly before anything even came out of their mouths out in the real world.

Hal-9000
01-26-2018, 05:40 PM
Part of this conversation is how people accept posted news stories as gospel. Oh, I saw it on Facebook so it must be real and I endorse it!

I'm guilty of doing that in general when on the net and the whole environment pisses me off. Interesting fact #382 - did you know drinking Freon will help digestion? Some of that shit is dangerous.

And people...young or not....totally buy into it instantly.

and the real kicker...when the amount of likes or negative feedback can dictate if someone takes their own life...that's people putting too much faith into transparent ideals.

Muddy
01-26-2018, 05:53 PM
Part of this conversation is how people accept posted news stories as gospel. Oh, I saw it on Facebook so it must be real and I endorse it!

I'm guilty of doing that in general when on the net and the whole environment pisses me off. Interesting fact #382 - did you know drinking Freon will help digestion? Some of that shit is dangerous.

And people...young or not....totally buy into it instantly.

and the real kicker...when the amount of likes or negative feedback can dictate if someone takes their own life...that's people putting too much faith into transparent ideals.

The other thing is no one could make an opposing view without slipping in an insult before clicking the post button.

Hal-9000
01-26-2018, 06:12 PM
The other thing is no one could make an opposing view without slipping in an insult before clicking the post button.

Yeah man I'm on a site that talks about TV shows. The battles there become intense, sometimes requiring moderators. And we're talking about opinion...like favorite food levels of discourse :lol:

I have a good rep there and get compliments on how I approach conversation. It's never lost on me that we're talking about fluff...not world peace, or medical problems or life...it's TV.

And you're right Muddy. When other more meaningful discussions reach an impasse, there's always some sort of personal insult along with the conflicting point.

It's a stretch, but someone at that site said to me - I like your posts. You present your view and when it's different I don't feel like I've been in a war or need a shower after.

I try to remember that when talking about more serious issues. If I don't agree with someone's stand on abortion, I try not to shame them or put them in a 'less than' light....even if I feel that way.

Godfather
01-27-2018, 02:13 AM
Man how crushing for the boyfriend too... being cheated on hurts, but then she kills herself? Holy.shit. I really don't know how that guys is going to be okay for a while...

KevinD
01-27-2018, 08:25 AM
Very strange story. Heart out to all.