PDA

View Full Version : Bath salts cited in case of man who burned son's hand for touching Bible

Teh One Who Knocks
07-05-2011, 09:46 PM
by Laurie Merrill and Rachel Stockman - The Arizona Republic

http://i.imgur.com/VmRN7.jpg

The Chandler man accused of burning his son's hand because the child touched his Bible was under the influence of a designer drug, his mother said Monday.

"He was hallucinating that he was seeing demons and spirits and stuff," said Connie Salazar of her son, Johnny, 25.

"Who knows what else he could have done on that drug?" she said Monday, speaking to 12 News.

The drug Salazar referred to is a new designer drug known as "bath salts," an increasingly popular synthetic stimulant.

The drug is sold in convenience stores and smoke shops under names such as Ivory Wave and Bolivian Bath, according the WebMD Internet site.

Johnny Salazar and the mother of his 2-year-old and 5-year-old sons had recently split up, his mother said.

"He had a hard time accepting it, so he turned to bath salts," his mother said.

Police suspect that Johnny Salazar was under the influence of an unknown substance, Chandler police Sgt. Joe Favazzo said.

On Sunday, Johnny Salazar was booked on suspicion of child abuse after police say he burned his son's hand and wrist, Chandler police said.

Salazar shares custody of the boys with their mother, who lives in Casa Grande. Both Salazar and the boys' mother live with their own parents. He was watching the children Sunday.

Salazar's parents noticed the red blistering on the wrist and hand of the 5-year-old after returning from church and asked Salazar what happened, Favazzo said.

Salazar told his parents he used a cigarette lighter to burn his son's hand and the back of his wrist, Favazzo said.

"The boy was touching his Bible, and he thought the boy may be possessed," Favazzo said.

The boy told his grandmother, "Well, Dad burned me for touching his Bible."

Salazar was talking gibberish and not making sense, Favazzo said.

He picked up the 2-year-old, went to his car and drove off, Favazzo said. He returned within a half hour.

"The children are with their mother," Favazzo said, adding the burn did not require medical attention.

"They are safe."

The 5-year-old is OK, his grandmother said.

"He just wants his daddy back," she said.

Hal-9000
07-05-2011, 09:49 PM
you know...I've done/tried a lot of drugs right up to morphine....ecstasy, MDA, peyote, LSD...
and not once did I ever get the urge to burn my own child for whatever reason.

This guy is a mook and is looking for an out to his anger management problems

deebakes
07-06-2011, 01:48 AM
you have kids hal? :shock:

Acid Trip
07-06-2011, 01:48 PM
you know...I've done/tried a lot of drugs right up to morphine....ecstasy, MDA, peyote, LSD...

Add on Meth, PCP, yayo, liquid codeine, and magic mushrooms for me. Never in all my drug use did I ever have the urge to hurt anyone. I was usually having so much fun that fighting was the farthest thing from my mind.

Hal-9000
07-06-2011, 02:01 PM
you have kids hal? :shock:

Only when I'm high :oops:

Muddy
07-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Wasn't Porky selling these things?

deebakes
07-07-2011, 01:37 AM
somebody probably convinced porky to buy them because when dissolved in water, it was said that it would make you grow up to 2"... (or 5cm for you overseas homies)

JoeyB
07-07-2011, 04:51 AM

This guy is a mook and is looking for an out to his anger management problems

They don't give out good parenting awards for taking drugs and succeeding in not burning your imaginary children.

Acid Trip
07-07-2011, 01:23 PM
They don't give out good parenting awards for taking drugs and succeeding in not burning your imaginary children.

They should though...

KevinD
07-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Showing my age a bit...I read the thread title, and wondered, How much fucking bath salts did the father put in the tub that it burned his son???!!

Acid Trip
07-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Showing my age a bit...I read the thread title, and wondered, How much fucking bath salts did the father put in the tub that it burned his son???!!

:facepalm:

KevinD
07-07-2011, 02:06 PM
No doubt, hahaha

JoeyB
07-08-2011, 05:31 AM

'Old Man Kev' shows up and shares his time worn wisdom with us now and again.