PDA

View Full Version : Teen cleared of rape when family find messages from 'victim' saying: 'I’m going to ruin his life'

Teh One Who Knocks
02-01-2018, 12:01 PM
By Tom Davidson - The Mirror

https://i.imgur.com/DQqz7fM.jpg

A teenager was cleared of rape after dozens of texts from the 'victim' emerged, including one that said: “I’m not just going to mess his life up, I’m going to ruin it lol.”

Connor Fitzgerald, 19, almost had his life destroyed when he was arrested on suspicion of rape and spent three months in prison.

But Connor is now a free man after the charges against him were thrown out after his family handed prosecutors text messages in which the complainant threatened to destroy him.

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, claimed Connor filmed himself raping her after a night out in June last year.

The woman sent a message to a friend which said: "I'm not just going to mess his life up, I'm going to ruin it lol."

The alleged victim even threatened Connor, saying: "If I can't have you, no one can".

In other threatening messages, Connor said his ex warned she would kill him and his new partner.

He added: "She threatened me and my girlfriend and said she’d kill the both of them.

"She started messaging me all crazy stuff - 'What about our family?’

"And then it turned to 'I’m going to get you nicked for this'".

Screenshots from his phone show how the woman claimed to have enjoyed sex with the former BT engineer.

He messaged saying: "It felt sooo good being in bed with u again" to which she replied: "You know - you f****** me to sleep".

https://i.imgur.com/UAthGe4.jpg
The messages show the woman saying she enjoyed sex with Connor (Image: Triangle News)

https://i.imgur.com/NakkEgJ.jpg
The alleged victim said "I'm going to ruin it (his life)" (Image: Triangle News)

But after accusing him of attacking her, she sent chilling taunts including: "Well I'll see you in court".

The case echoes that of Liam Allan, 22, whose rape trial collapsed last month when cops discovered messages that cleared him.

The Met Police apologised to Mr Allan, and now the Fitzgerald family want to know how Connor, 19 was put in the same position.

Connor, of South Norwood, South London, who lost his job as a BT engineer because of the claim, said: “It’s been heartbreaking - it felt like I was guilty until proven innocent.

“My life has been ruined. I'm scared to even leave the house because everyone thinks I'm a rapist."

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons claimed he raped her and videoed it after a boozy night out on June 24 last year.

But among texts she had sent him included references to having enjoyed sex.

On November 1, sex crime cops burst into Connor’s family home and arrested him in front of his stunned mum and sister.

After Mr Allen’s case came to light the family asked if all the messages had been disclosed - after his brother found some of the texts on Connor’s iCloud account.

But it was only last week that the case against Connor was axed at Croydon Crown Court - the same court where Liam Allen’s case was heard.

Connor was denied bail and was held in Category B HMP High Down in Banstead, Surrey, from November 6 until January 22.

Connor, who reportedly plans to sue to police and CPS, said: “I feel ashamed even though I’ve not done anything. It’s nasty.

“I honestly think that if my brother hadn’t found those texts and made the CPS aware, I would have ended up in prison for 12 years or more.

"The police are not securing enough rape convictions and because of that they are far too keen to go ahead with prosecutions that are flimsy at most."

A CPS spokesman said: “This case was charged in accordance with the threshold test, which is applied in serious cases where further evidence is expected to become available within a reasonable period.

“A decision to charge under the threshold test must be kept under review, and prosecutors are required to take account of any change in circumstances as a case develops.

“In January 2018, police provided more material in this case. Upon review of that material, it was decided that there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction.

“We therefore decided to offer no evidence at a hearing at Croydon Crown Court on 22 January.

“In this case disclosure was dealt with on an ongoing basis and where appropriate, relevant disclosures made.”

A spokeswoman for Met Police added: “We are content with the investigation and our disclosure work, which was conducted in liaison with the CPS.

“During the course of the hearing there was no adverse comment from the judge about the police investigation.”

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2018, 01:00 PM
Bitch.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-01-2018, 01:03 PM
The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, claimed Connor filmed himself raping her after a night out in June last year.

:wtf:

She's a fucking criminal now, why can't she be named?

PorkChopSandwiches
02-01-2018, 05:30 PM
:wtf:

She's a fucking criminal now, why can't she be named?

Yeah,thats bullshit, he went to jail and was named