PDA

View Full Version : Man with .419 BAC gives up on field sobriety test, tells police he’s ‘going to jail anyways’

Teh One Who Knocks
02-01-2018, 12:46 PM
by WGNO Web Desk

https://i.imgur.com/mLCLtkp.jpg

THIBODAUX, LA – A Thibodaux man who was pulled over for driving the wrong way on a one way street was hospitalized after officers determined his blood alcohol level was at a potentially lethal level.

Thirty-six-year-old Todd Patton registered a BAC of .419 percent at the time of his arrest, according to the Thibodaux Police Department.

The DWI threshold in Louisiana is .08 percent.

Patton was spotted driving his white Toyota Rav4 the wrong way up West 2nd Street just before 10 p.m. on January 26, according to the TPD.

With officers following, Patton appeared to pull over twice, but pulled away before stopping each time.

He eventually pulled into a parking lot in front of City Hall.

Patton performed poorly on a field sobriety test, gave up halfway and told officers he “was going to jail anyways,” according to the TPD.

At the Thibodaux Police Department headquarters, Patton began to act lethargic and had poor coordination, and officers transferred him to the hospital after his BAC was confirmed.

He was booked into the Lafourche Parish Detention Center and released after posting a $1,050 bond, according to the TPD.

This was his second DWI arrest.

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Must've been one hell of a party.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-01-2018, 05:31 PM
:facepalm:

Hal-9000
02-01-2018, 08:15 PM
these mega impaired people fascinate me :lol:

how do you even stand up when you're 400 times over the limit?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-01-2018, 08:17 PM
these mega impaired people fascinate me :lol:

how do you even stand up when you're 400 times over the limit?

Very carefully :lol:

Hal-9000
02-01-2018, 08:24 PM
I used to be a pretty hard drinker and had my moments. One morning I woke up with a pair of dress pants on (not mine) and my knuckles were all scraped to hell and bloody.

First thought - I was in a big fight. Girlfriend at the time said - Noooo, you were so hammered you kept falling down and into walls, hurting your hands...and then we had to find you some pants because your jeans were covered in blood...your own blood!

me - you mean I didn't kill anybody?
her - other than the carpet and the stairway, no :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-01-2018, 08:33 PM
Same here, used to party it up pretty good back in the day. Only ever blacked out one time, and the next day hearing about it was just too freaky because I couldn't remember shit. I guess at one point during the night, I ended up in the bathroom (I was visiting my buddy in college and we were partying in the dorm) and I ended up in one of the stalls and I couldn't get out, I had "locked" myself in. He said he had to climb under the door and let me out. As soon as he did, I thanked him and took off running and he didn't see me again until morning. I did manage to make it back to his room at one point, but I have no fucking idea where I went or what I did or how I made it back there :lol:

Hal-9000
02-01-2018, 08:38 PM
I had the rep of drinking all night and usually taking care of everyone. Getting them home, helping them when they throw up etc. I only needed help a few times, happy to report. I've been in fights when I couldn't walk and woke up with strange women when I couldn't speak :lol: I've only had blackouts a couple of times. And yes, that feeling is horrifying when people start telling you what you did...for hours and you can't recall a thing :lol: I used to consider the not remembering a real weakness.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Exactly...and when they're telling you what you did the night before, you have varying expressions on your face ranging from :shock: to :confused: to :huh:

:lol:

Hal-9000
02-01-2018, 08:51 PM
I've shaved someone's eyebrow off, bingo bopped (multiple colors) an entire room full of dudes, and done everything from pour water on the crotches of people sleeping in public to putting cigarettes up their nose.

My karma and the stigma of passing out was so ingrained, I didn't dare pass out around my friends.

And then when someone describes six missing hours from your life...I immediately would go into full panic mode for a lot of reasons :lol:

Probably the worst and most stereotypical blackout moment was when I woke up to see a fairly hefty girl in bed beside me, had no idea who she was or why we were together. She pulled back the covers to show my pants and undies pulled down below my knees and then she said - I tried for hours to wake you up...

:shock: I hit the road quick without even looking back at Two Ton Tessie.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-01-2018, 09:24 PM
<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/EntireAbsoluteCusimanse' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='1131'></iframe>.