PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles school shooting leave 2 students wounded; 1 person in custody

Teh One Who Knocks
02-01-2018, 05:52 PM
By Katherine Lam | Fox News

At least two students were shot at a Los Angeles middle school Thursday when a female shooter opened fire in a classroom, police said.

Shots were fired just before 9 a.m. inside a classroom at Sal Castro Middle School, which is on the same California campus as Belmont High School, LAPD Sgt. Edward Bernal told reporters.

Two students -- a male and a female -- suffered gunshot wounds. they were taken to the hospital and their conditions were unknown.

The female student who opened fire was taken into custody. She was not immediately identified by name or age.

Police said the situation was under control.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-01-2018, 06:02 PM
A woman scorned

Hal-9000
02-01-2018, 07:55 PM
I saw a video of a kid pulling a gun in a small classroom and killing some people. The imagery has never left me because of the surreal, intimate nature of the shooting.

RBP
02-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Female. Interesting. Doesn't fit the narrative, we'll see how this gets played. Has Lifetime bought the rights yet?

On a serious note, hope the kids are okay.

RBP
02-01-2018, 08:03 PM
A little more information. The middle school part seems confusing. 6th grade classroom with 15-year-old victims?

Two 15-year-old students — a male and a female — suffered gunshot wounds. The teenage boy, who was shot in the head, was said to be in critical but stable condition.
The girl suffered a gunshot wound to the wrist and was taken to the hospital in fair condition.
Gunfire erupted during first period inside a sixth grade classroom in the middle school.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-01-2018, 08:04 PM
By Alex Stone and EMILY SHAPIRO - ABC News

https://i.imgur.com/ava1VVd.jpg

Two teenagers were shot in a classroom at a Los Angeles middle school this morning, sending children running, officials said.

A girl believed to be 12 years old is a person of interest in the shooting and is in custody, officials said.

A 15-year-old boy was shot in the head and is in critical but stable condition, while a 15-year-old girl was shot in the wrist and is in fair condition, the Los Angeles Fire Department said.

No suspects are outstanding and the Salvador B. Castro Middle School has been declared safe, the Los Angeles Police Department said.

https://i.imgur.com/JDc5xZ5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0pjAiUi.jpg

One parent told ABC Los Angeles station KABC-TV that the shooting took place next to her son's classroom.

"He was in tears, but I'm so thankful he picked up the phone," she said of her call to him.

Three others -- ages 11, 12 and 30 -- suffered minor injuries but were not shot, officials said.

The person of interest was taken to an LAPD station, police said. A gun was recovered, police added.

The motive is unknown, police said.

While how the gun was obtained is under investigation, L.A. city attorney Mike Feuer said this is a "call to action" for every adult who has a gun.

"You must store it safely and keep it out of access for any child to reach," Feuer said

The shooting was reported at 8:53 a.m. local time.

The school is now on lockdown but officials said the normal school day will continue. The middle school is located on the Belmont High School campus and has about 365 students in grades six through eight.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the Salvador Castro Middle School community," the Los Angeles Unified School District tweeted.

RBP
02-01-2018, 08:08 PM
a 12 year old (that would be 6th grade) shot 2 15 year olds (high school)... more to learn here.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-01-2018, 08:25 PM
a 12 year old (that would be 6th grade) shot 2 15 year olds (high school)... more to learn here.

inside a classroom at Sal Castro Middle School, which is on the same California campus as Belmont High School
Some middle schools are 6-8 and then 9-12 for high school, both of these look to be on the same property

RBP
02-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Some middle schools are 6-8 and then 9-12 for high school, both of these look to be on the same property

But why were the 15-year-olds in the 6th grade classroom?

deebakes
02-02-2018, 01:28 AM
retard maybe? :?

Badgers
02-02-2018, 02:40 AM
So is that the 9th, 12th, 13th or 14th this year? News sources are vague

RBP
02-02-2018, 03:17 AM
retard maybe? :?

I was thinking special needs also, but then I read that it was an elective classes with various grade levels. Seems odd to have 6th graders and 9th graders in the same class, if that was the case.

RBP
02-02-2018, 03:17 AM
So is that the 9th, 12th, 13th or 14th this year? News sources are vague

Depends on the criteria used.

Godfather
02-02-2018, 03:59 AM
Depends on the criteria used.

13 is a scary number, let's go with that one

RBP
02-02-2018, 04:41 AM
13 is a scary number, let's go with that one

Exactly. :lol:

How did 13 poll last night? What? Not panicked enough. Tell NBC to lead with "17th" tonight, we can back it up later.

RBP
02-02-2018, 05:49 AM
School shooting that injured four students now believed unintentional, police say; 12-year-old girl is booked

A 12-year-old girl was booked on suspicion of negligent discharge of a firearm Thursday after a shooting at Sal Castro Middle School left four students injured, authorities said.

Los Angeles police do not believe that the shooting was intentional, spokesman Josh Rubenstein said Thursday evening.

"At this time, the information suggests that this was an isolated incident, involving the negligent discharge of a firearm, where innocent children and a staff member were unfortunately injured," the LAPD said in a statement.

The girl was taken to Los Angeles County's Central Juvenile Hall. A semiautomatic handgun was recovered from the scene.

At least one student who was in the classroom told a reporter he thought the gunfire was unintentional.

"​​​Someone decided to bring a gun, I guess someone was accidentally playing around with it," said Benjamin, a 12-year-old seventh-grader, whose guardian asked that his last name not be used. "They thought it was a fake gun."

=====================

female shooter, how do we spin this?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2018, 11:21 AM
:wtf:

How do you "unintentionally" discharge a weapon at least 4 times?

redred
02-02-2018, 11:59 AM
And why bring it into school, was it show and tell day ?

RBP
02-02-2018, 01:27 PM
I'll just shut up until the rest of the details come out.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2018, 01:30 PM
I'll just shut up until the rest of the details come out.

:snapout:

RBP
02-02-2018, 02:16 PM
:dunno:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2018, 02:25 PM
:dunno:

:beatdown:

RBP
02-02-2018, 05:53 PM
The accounts don't add up. It was accidentally discharged... she thought it was a toy... or it went off when she dropped her backpack...

Most bizarre... after shooting 4 people, in a classroom, she had the composure to ask another student to hide the weapon? :huh: