PDA

View Full Version : Canada's Trudeau corrects woman for using 'mankind' at town hall

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 11:34 AM
By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/wz8TOxx.jpg

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau corrected a woman on her language when she asked a question during a town hall Friday.

The unidentified woman asked Trudeau whether the Canadian government could ease regulations on volunteering with religious organizations, according to the Washington Free Beacon.

"So, that’s why we came here today to ask you, to also look into the policies that religious charitable organizations have in our legislation so that it can also be changed because maternal love is the love that’s going to change the future of mankind,” said the woman, who was reportedly affiliated with the World Mission Society Church of God.
Trudeau immediately corrected her.

“We like to say ‘peoplekind,' not necessarily ‘mankind,' because it’s more inclusive,” he said.

The crowd clapped after Trudeau’s comments.

The Canadian government has cracked down on language inclusivity over the last week.

Canada’s Senate passed a bill Thursday to make the country’s national anthem gender neutral. The bill changes the second line of “O Canada” from “true patriot love, in all thy sons command” to “in all of us command.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 11:34 AM
O, Canada :facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 07:28 PM
8-[

Hal-9000
02-06-2018, 07:47 PM
change manhole covers to womenhole covers and see what happens :lol: peoplehole?

So this is news? Must be a slow day...

PorkChopSandwiches
02-06-2018, 07:56 PM
:hand: People hole cover

RBP
02-06-2018, 08:13 PM
peehole for short.

Godfather
02-07-2018, 03:19 AM
Not a huge Piers Morgan fan, but he ripped Trudeau to shreds and it's great

And he's wrong too about the etymology of the word 'mankind'.

It dates back to a time many centuries ago when males were called 'werman' and females 'wyfman', and 'man' was a gender-neutral term meaning all human beings.

So 'mankind' was originally intended to signify humanity.

Not that Trudeau will care about such trifling inaccuracies.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5358761/PIERS-MORGAN-dare-kill-mankind-Mr-Trudeau.html#ixzz56OAigxSh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2018, 11:06 AM

I love the headline of the article :rofl:

How dare you kill off mankind, Mr Trudeau, you spineless virtue-signalling excuse for a feminist

Godfather
02-08-2018, 02:34 AM
Trudeau said today it was a 'joke' taken out of context.

The really irks me even worse. Either admit you were wrong or stand by what you believe in, I can't respect the backpedaling, spineless twat.

lost in melb.
02-08-2018, 06:51 AM

And he's wrong too about the etymology of the word 'mankind'.

It dates back to a time many centuries ago when males were called 'werman' and females 'wyfman', and 'man' was a gender-neutral term meaning all human beings.

So 'mankind' was originally intended to signify humanity.

Not that Trudeau will care about such trifling inaccuracies.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz56OAigxSh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Interesting.

There's another reason why we say mankind too - it rolls off the tongue nicely. Humankind is ok too. Peoplekind is an ugly, ugly word.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Trudeau said today it was a 'joke' taken out of context.

The really irks me even worse. Either admit you were wrong or stand by what you believe in, I can't respect the backpedaling, spineless twat.

A joke? Uh huh, sure it was :facepalm: