PDA

View Full Version : Dare you try the 'world's most dangerous ice-cream' that you have to sign disclaimer to eat?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 12:32 PM
By Arthur Vundla - The Mirror

https://i.imgur.com/igZR6k2.jpg

Would you dare try the 'world's most dangerous ice cream' that is so hot, you have to sign a disclaimer to eat it?

A Glasgow cafe is dishing out scoops of the insanely spicy dessert, named Respiro Del Diavolo (Breath of the Devil) especially for Valentine's Day .

But the frozen treat is so spicy that customers must be 18 years of age and sign a legal waiver before it is handed over the counter.

The disclaimer says eating the ice cream "could be a risk of personal injury, illness & possible loss of life".

And staff at The Aldwych Caf even need to wear gloves when they dish out scoops.

https://i.imgur.com/o7Uk5OG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dt3z2WE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/y1Lq4sw.jpg

The handmade treat comes in at a whopping 1,569,300 SHU on the Scoville scale - a measurement of the pungency of chilli peppers,

It means the ice cream is 500 times hotter than Tabasco sauce.

The family business based in Glasgow, says the idea behind it comes from Italy.

Lee Bandoni, 38, brother of Caf owner Martin, told the Daily Record : "It started in Italy.

"There was a place called Devil's Bridge and with that, the Italian ice cream families used to meet up once a year and discuss how the year went for them.

"At that point, if there were any men that showed bravery then they would eat this ice cream. So, because of the Devil's Bridge, they called this the Breath of the Devil.

https://i.imgur.com/JpriPPE.jpg

"Every year it still happens over there and this year when Martin was away earlier in the month he brought back the idea that was passed down to him.

"The recipe is very secret, very few of us know it and when the time is right Martin's children will get to find out about it and they will go to Italy and learn the ins and outs of it."

The ice cream itself is a traditional Italian recipe from 1936 and is made from scratch every day using local ingredients and certain elements from Italy.

The brothers said they look forward to seeing what it will bring to the people across the country.

Lee added: "This is the first one in Scotland and we know that people in Glasgow love spicy stuff.

"We had to check with the standards agency to explain what was in it and explain that it is like a thermal nuclear explosion in your mouth.

https://i.imgur.com/ImmsIKa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ha7rgqE.jpg

"That took a bit of time to get it sorted but they were happy as long as we included a disclaimer.

"Our family in Italy see it as an honour to bring something like this here."

Martin Bandoni, 50, Aldwych Caf owner, said: "We wear gloves for protection, chilli can have different effects on the skin especially if you leave it for too long.

"Our ice cream is just a standard price just like the rest of our ice creams. It's £2 for a scoop in a tub and a cone is £1.90

"There's no premium to be paid for it, just a standard price. We wouldn't overcharge our customers.

"They call the flavour a cream spice but it's really a flavour sensation, it's almost to trick your brain, well that's the whole idea for it.

"I think everyone is different when they taste it because we hear various types of suggestions."

Lee added: "A lot of Italian guys go and have a romantic evening with their girlfriends or wives and they will have some this ice cream because it is a well-known fact that chilli is an aphrodisiac and it is nice with a glass of wine bubbling in your mouth.

"So we will sell it here until just after Valentine's Day, people should come try it."

Goofy
02-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Why? :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 12:51 PM
It's closest to you, you should go and try it and give us a report :tup:

Muddy
02-06-2018, 01:43 PM
It's ignernt..

Goofy
02-06-2018, 02:11 PM
It's closest to you, you should go and try it and give us a report :tup:
Unfortunately i'm not stupid enough :(

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately i'm not stupid enough :(

Go try it! :x

Goofy
02-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Go try it! :x
No :slap:

We should send redred, sounds like something he'd be daft enough to try :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 02:24 PM
No :slap:

We should send redred, sounds like something he'd be daft enough to try :-k

He'll moan about it being too far away.

lost in melb.
02-06-2018, 02:36 PM
If he ups a vid of purchasing and eating, I'll fund the round trip :tup:

Goofy
02-06-2018, 03:46 PM
He'll moan about it being too far away.
If he ups a vid of purchasing and eating, I'll fund the round trip :tup:
Plans are in motion!

redred
02-06-2018, 03:49 PM
it's in scotish land the next time i'm using my passport is for heading south , goof is closer

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 03:53 PM
it's in scotish land the next time i'm using my passport is for heading south , goof is closer

:snapout:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 03:53 PM
You don't need a passport to travel within the UK do you? :-s

lost in melb.
02-06-2018, 03:59 PM

:doh:

redred
02-06-2018, 03:59 PM
maybe if scotland chooses to stay in the EU :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 04:07 PM
maybe if scotland chooses to stay in the EU :lol:

:slap:

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2018, 04:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cozHUec4sPc

Hal-9000
02-06-2018, 04:35 PM
Why? :shrug:

Agreed...and a disclaimer with the words 'possible loss of life' should NEVER be associated with ice cream ffs :lol:

Hal-9000
02-06-2018, 04:36 PM
The ice cream shop in general looks to have some yummy stuff there :yumyum:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Agreed...and a disclaimer with the words 'possible loss of life' should NEVER be associated with ice cream ffs :lol:

Live a little :slap:

Hal-9000
02-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Live a little :slap:

Exactly...the three seconds right before your body gives out after eating that shit :lol:

And people pay for the pleasure!

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Exactly...the three seconds right before your body gives out after eating that shit :lol:

And people pay for the pleasure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJjMnHoIBI

PorkChopSandwiches
02-06-2018, 05:18 PM
My partner makes wing sauce with added chili powders we call "evil" Its powdered Carolina Reaper (2,200,000 SHU), Ghost Chili (1,041,427 SHU) and Scorpion Chili (2,009,231 SHU). I teaspoon in the whole batch of sauce and you are sweating out of your eyeballs. I could only finish 2 wings

Muddy
02-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Whats the point when it go's beyond enjoyable?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 05:31 PM
To test your limits :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2018, 05:34 PM
To prove you have a bigger cock than Lex Steele.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-06-2018, 05:37 PM
My partner likes eating shit that hot, he buys pickles and throws a teaspoon in there and lets them sit for a month. I eat one bite and I'm out. He and the mexican beertender can eat them like nothing.
When you are drinking sometimes things sound like a good idea :rofl:

Muddy
02-06-2018, 05:38 PM
I can eat some right hot stuff myself, but I do have a limit.. I'm not trying to act like a baby by drinking milk and puking in a bucket or anything..

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2018, 05:40 PM
I have a habanero chili sauce that I use on eggs, pork, and sandwiches, but it's not that hot (hotter than Tabasco, but not by a whole lot) and that's about as hot as I've gone.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-06-2018, 05:41 PM
I can eat some right hot stuff myself, but I do have a limit.. I'm not trying to act like a baby by drinking milk and puking in a bucket or anything..

I drank milk after the hot wings, I'll admit. And I HATE milk....but it was too much

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 05:58 PM
I like to try the hottest wings on the menu at places sometimes if it's a place I go to often enough, just to try them out and see if I can eat them. Last place I tried it was at BWW and I did eat them all, but it wasn't an enjoyable experience :lol:

Hal-9000
02-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Whats the point when it go's beyond enjoyable?

This...

there's enough natural body problems throughout life, why inflame your stomach lining to the point where your body wants to shut down? Lunacy...

Hal-9000
02-06-2018, 06:44 PM
I like to try the hottest wings on the menu at places sometimes if it's a place I go to often enough, just to try them out and see if I can eat them. Last place I tried it was at BWW and I did eat them all, but it wasn't an enjoyable experience :lol:

Gee I wonder how far I can stick this knife under my fingernails? :face:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2018, 06:46 PM
This...

there's enough natural body problems throughout life, why inflame your stomach lining to the point where your body wants to shut down? Lunacy...

Spicy foods: The health effects of adding heat to your meal

https://i.imgur.com/TeAfFMx.png

Muddy
Rub some Jalapeno juice on the tip of your penix.. Thats hot..!

Teh One Who Knocks
Gee I wonder how far I can stick this knife under my fingernails? :face:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-06-2018, 06:47 PM

I did the challenge there, I finished. But, I felt sick the rest of the day and shit fire

Hal-9000
02-06-2018, 06:53 PM
I've had a different experience with capsaicin suspended in oragel in an attempt to deaden a nerve in my face, and I'll just say it did nothing to relieve pain or provide those other 'wonderful' body benefits.

There's a reason your body reacts violently to hot foods...because it ain't fucken right :lol:

Godfather
02-07-2018, 04:51 AM
It makes me a bit nervous how close they store that ice cream to the normal flavors :lol:

I'd probably try a small spoonful. I'm like Lance, I like to see how far I can push my tolerance :lol: