PDA

View Full Version : Netflix Altered Carbon (Furutistic cyberpunk thriller)

lost in melb.
02-07-2018, 11:17 AM
Synopsis

The series takes place over 350 years in the future, in the year 2384. In the future, people's consciousnesses are contained in "stacks", storage devices attached to the back of a person's neck. Physical bodies are turned into "sleeves", mere disposable vessels. Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman), a violent mercenary, wakes up 250 years after his sleeve is killed, and he is given the choice to either spend the rest of his life in prison for his crimes, or help solve the murder of the wealthiest man in the world. Takeshi was the sole surviving soldier of those defeated in an uprising against the new world order 250 years prior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhFM8akm9a4

2 eps in. This show is freaking amazing so far. :-s

Think original Blade Runner with a pair of firm titties rubbed over your face.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I like it too :tup: Only saw the first episode though

lost in melb.
02-08-2018, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I like it too :tup: Only saw the first episode though

IT keeps at a real good level :tup:

lost in melb.
02-08-2018, 07:16 PM
I"ve put everything else on hold to download one high rez ep per day on my 3 world download leash.... The budget must have been huge, it's close to GOT realism. Nothing major to pick on, the critics that panned this are obviously a bunch of fags. You can either follow all the finer plot details or just zone out and enjoy watching humanity go down the tube and get fed to the dogs.

I wasn't sure about the main character at the start. I thought he was just a bit too much of a fcking hunk. But now I'm beginning to dig his sardonic, smack to the chops attitude. A weaponized Daredevil minus moral bullshit.

end of ep4 he finally snaps and lets rip. No Mercy, boom, splat. :twisted: :wank: (wait till the kids are in bed before watching this one)

PorkChopSandwiches
02-08-2018, 07:27 PM
When they explain later on why the main character is the body he is, its pretty good

Hal-9000
03-13-2018, 03:58 PM
I liked the way it started, but during the later episodes when it focused primarily on sister brother relationship it seemed to fizzle.