PDA

View Full Version : Trump tweets support for 'falsely accused' after two staffers resign amid abuse allegations

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2018, 11:44 AM
Scripps National News Wire

https://i.imgur.com/hKxHF3L.jpg

After a week which saw two men in his administration resign amid allegations of domestic abuse, President Trump tweeted vague support for those "falsely accused" on Saturday morning.

"Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation. Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?" Trump tweeted.
Trump's tweets come hours after David Sorensen, a speechwriter in his administration, resigned amid speculation of domestic abuse on Friday night. Staff secretary Rob Porter resigned from his position on Wednesday after two of his ex-wives shared stories of his alleged abuse with the media.

Porter has denied the charges.

Earlier this week, Trump wished Porter well, and reminded reports that Porter "says he's innocent."

The reports of abuse have shaken up an already tumultuous administration, as reports now indicate that Chief of Staff John Kelly has discussed his willingness to resign due to his handling of the Porter matter.

The President himself has also been the subject of allegations of sexual harassment by several women. During the 2016 presidential campaign, 19 women came forward to accuse then-candidate Trump of assault or harassment.

DemonGeminiX
02-12-2018, 11:49 AM
He's got a point.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2018, 11:52 AM
He's got a point.

Most definitely, but then just because he stood up for due process, you get the following crap in the next post.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2018, 11:53 AM
by Naomi Lim - The Washington Examiner

MSNBC political analyst Anand Giridharadas slammed President Trump Sunday for being "the commander in chief of American rape culture" after two White House aides resigned last week over allegations of domestic violence.

"This is a rape culture presidency and Donald Trump has become the commander in chief of American rape culture," Giridharadas told AMJoy.

"I think this week was actually a turning point with two different staffers, these charges dredged up, these haunting pictures. And then you have the president's own history of self-declaring himself to be a vagina grabber and winning on that platform," Giridharadas continued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyiVbKwgUfA

White House staff secretary Rob Porter resigned on Wednesday after he was publicly accused of physically and emotionally abusing his two ex-wives.

Then on Friday White House speechwriter David Sorensen stepped down after his ex-wife came forward and said he was violent during their marriage.

Both Porter and Sorensen have vehemently denied the claims, and Trump has praised Porter, wishing him well with his future endeavors.

Giridharadas, an author and newspaper columnist, added sexual abuse was "a very apt metaphor" for Trumpism, or the populist platform on which Trump won the 2016 election.

"This week was a turning point because I think we're starting to realize that Trumpism doesn't merely tolerate sexual abuse," Giridharadas said.

"Sexual abuse is a very apt metaphor for everything Trumpism is. The cultivation of fear in everyone. The insistence that people are loving it when you're actually degrading, and dehumanizing them, and making their lives harder. The state of constant insecurity that you create in others and then the inversion of your own insecurities into this attempt to dominate others," he explained.

DemonGeminiX
02-12-2018, 11:56 AM
I'm all for brutal vigilante "justice" against these fucking brain-dead idiots. I know I'm not supposed to be, but they're making it so fucking hard to be patient anymore.