PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina HS student who allegedly posted 'Florida Round 2,' tells cops it was a joke

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2018, 11:59 AM
By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/yp6KUTP.jpg

A South Carolina high school student was arrested Thursday after allegedly posting "Florida Round 2" on Snapchat-- an obvious reference to Wednesday's school schooting--but insisted that the post was simply a "joke."

Officials said the post, which was sent via Snapchat, showed a teen wearing a partial mask and holding what looked like an assault rifle. Beneath the photo was the caption, “Round 2 of Florida tomorrow.”

Officials at Broome High School received an anonymous tip from a student about a possible threat, Spartanburg School District Three spokeswoman Sherri Horton said.

The Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office arrested a ninth grader at the school, according to Fox Carolina.

https://i.imgur.com/mMP1lkq.jpg

Authorities were able to ID the suspect after meeting with the student who gave the tip and the student's parent, Fox Carolina reported. Police said the suspect told them that it was a joke when they arrived at his home.

"After informing the suspect and his parents of the law violation, the suspect stated his Snapchat post was just intended as a joke, and that he didn’t have any serious intentions," said Lt. Kevin Bobo, of the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office.

The arrest comes a day after a gunman killed 17 people at a Florida high school and left more than a dozen others wounded.

The suspect, who was not identified because of his age, was charged with disturbing schools and was being held at the Department of Juvenile Justice facility in Greenville, the station reported.

“The safety of our students and staff is of paramount importance,” Horton said. “In order to ensure the safety of every student, the District Three Administration and Board of Trustees are providing additional security at the school.”

Hikari Kisugi
02-16-2018, 12:26 PM
What an absolute fuckwit.
Perhaps this is a case for consideration of removal of firearm and prohibition of future purchase on grounds of mental retardation.

Pony
02-16-2018, 12:33 PM
What an absolute fuckwit.
Perhaps this is a case for consideration of removal of firearm and prohibition of future purchase on grounds of mental retardation.

For the parents as well assuming they allowed him access to the weapon.

Goofy
02-16-2018, 01:16 PM
Glad to see that kids find mass murder a joke........ :|

Muddy
02-16-2018, 03:18 PM
Run this little mother fucker through the ringer... Time to make an example.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2018, 03:25 PM
Unfortunately, I bet he gets off with barely a slap on the wrist.

Muddy
02-16-2018, 03:30 PM
I bet this happened a lot more than we are aware of yesterday. Kids are dumb-asses.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2018, 03:43 PM
Oh I'm sure a lot of kids were 'joking' about doing something like this. This moron was just stupid enough to post it on a social media account. Something like this needs to be treated as a felony, this kid should lose his right to EVER own a firearm again. When I was growing up, I got my first gun at 9 years old, it was a single shot .22 bolt action rifle. I was taught exactly how dangerous a gun was and taught to respect it always, that it wasn't a toy. Never once did I take my gun out to "play with it" or to try and impress someone that I had a gun. And all of my friends that grew up with firearms were brought up the same way.

Hal-9000
02-16-2018, 04:37 PM
He's damn lucky they didn't put a bullet into his ass when they found him...laugh it up Chucklehead.