PDA

View Full Version : Mexican cartels threatening tourism in Cancun

Godfather
03-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Sad to see. It's a beautiful place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz6t2FEablA&feature=youtu.be

Muddy
03-02-2018, 12:27 AM
Smart.. real smart.. run off the money. Run off the only thing keeping us from taking a real dump down there.

Noilly Pratt
03-02-2018, 04:01 PM
This has been brewing for a while.

I was honeymooning in Cancun 17 years ago and there was an armed presence around the perimeter of the place. The manager was there and said keep it quiet, but the local cartels are "all about" and often for initiation they come onto the resorts and steal stuff from vacationers - as a "test".

He said they were getting bolder and bolder and it was only a matter of time until they started effecting the tourism. "You may be the poorest of the poor in America, but because you have made it here on vacation, you appear like a King."

Muddy
03-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Godfather I want you to know that I actually chromecasted this to my TV and watched it. My neighbors and I were currently shopping a dual vacation in Cancun. Thanks for the share..

Godfather
03-02-2018, 06:58 PM
Godfather I want you to know that I actually chromecasted this to my TV and watched it. My neighbors and I were currently shopping a dual vacation in Cancun. Thanks for the share..

If you're interested, here's a Reddit thread from that vid being posted. https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/81392q/mexican_cartels_threatening_tourism_in_cancun/

Some folks who live down there talked about some great alternatives. I think I'll be looking at Los Cabos for my next trip with the wife. Sounds beautiful and safe, and my parents had a wonderful time there last year. The nice part too is that it's only a 4-hour flight for me versus 6 hours to Cancun. Downside is that the water on the west coast isn't as warm.

Hal-9000
03-02-2018, 07:20 PM
If you're interested, here's a Reddit thread from that vid being posted. https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/81392q/mexican_cartels_threatening_tourism_in_cancun/

Some folks who live down there talked about some great alternatives. I think I'll be looking at Los Cabos for my next trip with the wife. Sounds beautiful and safe, and my parents had a wonderful time there last year. The nice part too is that it's only a 4-hour flight for me versus 6 hours to Cancun. Downside is that the water on the west coast isn't as warm.

Doesn't Sammy Hagar own property and bars down there in Cabos? I read he may be involved with some dirty mafia types and in trouble :lol:

and shhhh...but Muddy may be Hagar in disguise, don't tell people.

Muddy
03-02-2018, 07:41 PM

I had no idea that Acapulca was for all intents and purposes abandoned these days..

Doesn't Sammy Hagar own property and bars down there in Cabos? I read he may be involved with some dirty mafia types and in trouble :lol:

and shhhh...but Muddy may be Hagar in disguise, don't tell people.

:shakefist:

Hal-9000
03-02-2018, 07:47 PM
Hey there's worse people to be compared to :lol:

Sammy is a cool looking dude.

You red rocker you ;)

Hal-9000
03-02-2018, 07:55 PM
Bit of a side bar here...I was looking a vacation spots in the Mediterranean Sea and heard some good things about Malta.

I ended up reading a vacation review on Trip Advisor from a person who had visited there twice. In a huge review, he explained why he would never go there again.

If you're patient and don't read obvious troll planted reviews for resorts....Trip Advisor has some pretty down to earth information :thumbsup:

Godfather
03-02-2018, 08:23 PM
I had no idea that Acapulca was for all intents and purposes abandoned these days..

Me neither! I found that interesting. I went on Expedia and noticed they don't even have any all-inclusive vacation packages there anymore.