PDA

View Full Version : Mentally disabled man beaten after complimenting Ga. Bulldogs shirt

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2011, 05:22 PM
By Fran Jeffries - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

http://i.imgur.com/Rabe6.jpg

A Publix employee in Jacksonville was attacked after complimenting a man wearing a Georgia Bulldogs T-shirt.

James Wall, 26, said, “Hey, I like your shirt,” and Ryan Keys responded by punching Wall in the face, according to wokv.com.

The attack happened Friday at the Publix on Duval Station Road, but the details were not made public until recently, according to the website.

Wall told News4Jax.com that he complimented Keys on his Bulldogs T-shirt, and for no apparent reason, Keys was offended by the statement and decided to attack him.

Wall has worked at the store for the past seven years. His family told News4Jax.com that he has the mental capacity of a teenager.

Wall was punched in the face so hard it knocked his two front teeth out; the teeth were found 10 to 12 feet from where he was lying, according to the website.

Police described Keys as 6-foot-4 and 275 pounds. Keys fled the scene and was later arrested at his home and charged with aggravated battery and resisting arrest, according to the website. His brother, Cade Keys, also was arrested for driving the get away car.

Hal-9000
07-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I've got a Georgia Bulldogs shirt...dude who punched the other guy seems mentally challenged too

Godfather
07-06-2011, 05:50 PM
That's horrible... can't wait for the explanation from this guy :roll:

Muddy
07-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Which one of the guys in the pictures is retarded?

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2011, 05:52 PM

Neither, they are the 2 brothers that got arrested

Muddy
07-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Oh gotcha.. The guy on the right looked a little dim, so I just assumed he was the one that got punched in the brain...

Hal-9000
07-06-2011, 07:12 PM
6 ' 4'' and 275 lbs and he hits a disabled guy....what a man

Acid Trip
07-06-2011, 08:09 PM
6 ' 4'' and 275 lbs and he hits a disabled guy....what a man

Maybe he thought "hey, nice t-shirt" really meant "well aren't you the king of all lard asses"?

Hal-9000
07-06-2011, 08:54 PM
I watched a fairly big guy close fist punch a girl about 10 feet from me when I walking into a party....I invited him outside, didn't care what led up to the moment or who was right or wrong.I tuned him up a bit and he tuned me up a lot :oops:

that moment tho...it seemed so unfair and wrong....

JoeyB
07-06-2011, 10:04 PM
See, there has to be a back story here. Something had to be in that douchebags brain, besides the usual meth dust and bacon fat.

About fifteen years ago I was taking a class at a junior college, and had befriended all the people who sat in the back row with me. One of them liked to copy my answers, which I allowed because hey, compliment! Three others were all established friends who went to high school together, two guys and a girl. One of the guys was taken with the girl, and talked about it often. So one evening she tells me all this stuff about him that indicates she likes him as well. As I said, these people were just out of high school so that mental state remained. Well, I was sitting waiting for class to start and the kid with the crush enters the room, and I smile and let him know she was interested in him.

Bam...guy went nuts. Totally apeshit, he started calling me names and trying to get in my face (though I was seated). I asked him repeatedly what the fucking problem was, but he just kept being aggressive. He was so over the edge I took my glasses off and pushed my chair away from the desk because I was sure he was going to hit me and I didn't want to be caught off guard.

Had to be a back story, because why else would the desired news that she was interested fuck him up?

Never spoke to any of them again. After wards, the guy who liked to cheat off me said 'I thought he was gonna hit you, what was that all about?'

Who the fuck knows? Same thing here, had to be something going on.

And, for the record, hitting a mentally disabled guy who was being friendly equals epic douchebaggery. If the mentally disabled dude was being aggressive or out of line, fine, fair play. Violence is always wrong, but fair play nonetheless.

Hal-9000
07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I disagree Joe about something must be going on in the background when these douchebags get violent.I've seen some guys do some pretty shitty things 'out of fun'.

JoeyB
07-06-2011, 10:29 PM
I disagree Joe about something must be going on in the background when these douchebags get violent.I've seen some guys do some pretty shitty things 'out of fun'.

Where's the fun in attacking someone who just paid you a compliment?

Hal-9000
07-06-2011, 10:40 PM
We had a truck driver go ballistic on us after I politely asked him to turn his engine off while we unloaded...he was throwing his arms around, feinting like he was going to hit someone and frothing at the mouth.He literally screamed - I'm going to get a gun! Fuck this shit (more frothing and arm waving)

My old boss, who was usually a by the book manager asked me - Either take him outside and calm him down or he would call the police.

Very long story short, I took him outside and threatened him.He apologized and said - I thought you were refusing my shipment, that's why I lost it.
My response was - Not good enough.If you show up here again in that state of mind I'll drop you without a second thought.
His last - I was just venting.....

deebakes
07-07-2011, 02:00 AM
my guess is the douchebag assumed the compliment was a sarcastic comment since it took place in floriduh...

JoeyB
07-07-2011, 04:56 AM
my guess is the douchebag assumed the compliment was a sarcastic comment since it took place in floriduh...

My guess is his spiked buttplug accidentally slipped out at the very second the compliment was spoken. Chaos ensues!

Godfather
07-07-2011, 05:22 AM

Ya I was guessing either that or he's some sort of extreme homophobe and his homosexual panic kicked in the second he was complimented by another male. :wha:

JoeyB
07-07-2011, 05:46 AM
Ya I was guessing either that or he's some sort of extreme homophobe and his homosexual panic kicked in the second he was complimented by another male. :wha:

Your explanation is pretty gay.

Goofy
07-07-2011, 09:48 AM

Both :|