PDA

View Full Version : Woman who ‘removed’ mother’s eyeballs cried, ‘I killed my mother and I need help,’ PBSO says

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2018, 11:48 AM
By Julius Whigham II and Jorge Milian - Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

https://i.imgur.com/S9KFKvA.jpg

ROYAL PALM BEACH — Her hands covered in blood, Camille Balla handed a Palm Beach County sheriff’s deputy bloody keys to her Royal Palm Beach home early Friday as she made a chilling confession, according to an arrest report released Monday.

“I killed my mother and I need help,” Balla, 32, said minutes before deputies found a woman’s body in the garage with her eyes removed and placed on a nearby cardboard box, the sheriff’s office said.

She reportedly told deputies she killed her mother, Francisca Monteiro-Balla, 55, after smoking marijuana she believed was laced either with flakka or PCP.

“I’m a murderer, I’m a murderer,” Balla said moments before she was rushed to a hospital with cuts on her right hand, the report said.

Deputies arrested her Friday on a charge of first-degree murder.

On Monday, Judge Ted Booras denied bond for Balla during a court hearing at the Palm Beach County Jail. He also ordered that Balla undergo a mental-health evaluation.

With her right hand bandaged, she entered the jail courtroom and glanced toward the area where her family was seated. Balla was quickly removed as she began shouting in a foreign language.

After the hearing, Balla’s family left without speaking. Defense attorney Jon Bull told reporters it is too early reach conclusions.

“Whatever you may hear about this case, remember, until the state meets its burden, my client is innocent,” he said.

According to the sheriff’s report, Balla called a co-worker to the Country Club Village home she shared with her mother east of Royal Palm Beach Boulevard. Balla told the co-worker she needed help and may have killed her mother.

The co-worker arrived to find Balla’s standing outside and covered in blood. The co-worker called 911 without entering the home. As deputies arrived, they noted that Balla appeared frantic as she sat on the sidewalk.

Inside the home, deputies found a blood trail leading from the living room to the garage. The garage floor was littered with large pieces of broken glass, including some found near the victim’s body, deputies said.

The body was partially clothed and had multiple cuts. Several handwritten notes were found in the garage which contained religious-themed written messages related to the “clearing of the soul,” the report said.

The report does not say where Balla worked or list an occupation.

At Palms West Hospital in Loxahatchee, Balla’s demeanor repeatedly changed from calm and lucid to screaming and yelling, deputies said. She was later transferred to St. Mary’s Medical Center in West Palm Beach.

Palm Beach County court records show that Balla previously was arrest in 2014 for marijuana possession and for DUI in 2015. Prosecutors did not pursue the marijuana charge and dropped the case. The DUI charge resulted in 12 months of probation.

Goofy
03-20-2018, 01:04 PM
:nuts:

deebakes
03-20-2018, 11:38 PM
:(

lost in melb.
03-21-2018, 01:50 AM
no way pot did that