PDA

View Full Version : Two more people murdered in yet another night of violence in London taking death toll to 52

Teh One Who Knocks
04-05-2018, 10:44 AM
Richard Hartley-Parkinson for Metro.co.uk

https://i.imgur.com/WpSz6we.jpg

A young man has died after being stabbed in east London, bringing the total number of suspected murders in the capital so far this year past 50, the Metropolitan Police said.

The man, thought to be in his 20s, was found fatally wounded by officers on patrol on Link Street, Hackney, just before 8pm on Wednesday.

Despite receiving first aid he died at the scene around half an hour later. There have been no arrests and a crime scene remains in place.

In the same borough just hours earlier a man in his 50s died outside a bookmakers in Upper Clapton Road following a suspected fight, the Met said.

The attack has added to the UK’s soaring rate of knife crime, with fatal stabbings in England and Wales at their highest levels since 2010/11.

https://i.imgur.com/MJfyaVv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DyqwwzV.jpg

The escalating violence has been especially acute in London, with 13 people killed within two weeks last month.

On Tuesday, 16-year-old Amaan Shakoor became the youngest murder victim in London so far this year after he was fatally shot on Monday in Walthamstow.

His death came after that of Tanesha Melbourne, 17, who was gunned down around 30 minutes earlier just three miles away in Tottenham.

Both were apparently casualties of gang violence.

Met Commissioner Cressida Dick has blamed social media for the rise in killings, particularly among children, saying trivial disputes could escalate into violence ‘within minutes’ when rivals set out to goad each other on the internet.

Scotland Yard said it is currently investigating 55 suspected murders since the start of 2018, including the deaths of two children whose bodies were found in Sussex.

https://i.imgur.com/9Rpteok.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tSyPBIC.jpg

Goofy
04-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Go London! :cheers:

deebakes
04-05-2018, 12:38 PM
wow, you guys are going crazy over there :-k

redred
04-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Must be a full moon or something

lost in melb.
04-05-2018, 01:23 PM
The capital of the greatest world empire ever known :kill:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-05-2018, 01:25 PM
The Daily Mail Staff

https://i.imgur.com/ExUZlRo.jpg

David Lammy has described violence on the streets of London as the “worst I’ve ever seen it” following of a spate of murders in the capital.

The Labour former minister, who has been MP for Tottenham for 18 years, said there was “absolutely no sign” of any reduction in the violence as he raised concerns about drugs driving turf wars between gangs.

Mr Lammy told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that drugs were as “prolific as ordering a pizza”, and warned that the police have “lost control of that drugs market”.

He said: “I’ve been an MP now for 18 years and I’m afraid what we’re seeing today is the worst I’ve ever seen it.

“I’ve had four deaths in the London Borough of Haringey since January, I’ve had as many knife attacks as there have been weeks in the year.

“There are parents, friends, families, schools, traumatised and grieving, and there is absolutely no sign, I’ve got to tell you at the moment, of reduction in the violence.”
He said an “£11 billion cocaine drugs market” drives gangs in turf wars, adding: “We are the drugs market of Europe and I think the police and our country has lost control of that drugs market.

“You have young children – as young as 12, 13 – being recruited into gangs to run drugs across county lines.”

He said he was “hearing nothing” about what is being done about the rise in the drugs market.

“Drugs are prolific – it’s like Deliveroo, they’re as prolific as ordering a pizza.

“You can get them on Snapchat, WhatsApp – that, in the end, is driving the turf war and it’s driving the culture of violence – that is obviously ramped up by social media – but the culture of violence that I think is now becoming endemic in parts of London.”

He said that, despite four deaths in the borough, he had not had a phone call from Home Secretary Amber Rudd or London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

“No-one has come to visit my constituency. This is happening across London at large.

“Frankly, I’m sick of the political football: what I want is a political consensus.”

Mr Lammy went on to call on Mr Khan and the Government to have a clear consensus on reducing violence.

“Communities have to step up and people have to take responsibility, parents have to take responsibility and I’m not one to shirk that, but communities need support and resources if they are to do this, and the Government and the Mayor need to be clear with a consensus that their ambition is to reduce violence across this city.”

Teh One Who Knocks
04-05-2018, 01:27 PM

I think the Romans would disagree with that statement.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-05-2018, 01:29 PM
And I still say that the London murder rate is far more impressive than NYC or Los Angeles, or even Chicago (although there have been 115 homicides in Chicago so far this year) because they are mostly doing it with knives in London.

Pony
04-05-2018, 03:51 PM
And I still say that the London murder rate is far more impressive than NYC or Los Angeles, or even Chicago (although there have been 115 homicides in Chicago so far this year) because they are mostly doing it with knives in London.

Just proves that no matter what you ban, bad people will always find a way to kill one another.

https://i.imgur.com/1zJPOMP.jpg

redred
04-05-2018, 04:06 PM
think there was another today around mid day gmt :woot:

Muddy
04-05-2018, 05:00 PM
Just proves that no matter what you ban, bad people will always find a way to kill one another.

https://i.imgur.com/1zJPOMP.jpg

A shaving razor blade and a toothbrush makes a nice neck slicing shank as well..

redred
04-05-2018, 05:39 PM
If you do a double razor blade parallel makes it harder to stitch back together neat

Muddy
04-05-2018, 05:44 PM
So much great knowledge in here.. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-05-2018, 05:51 PM
If you do a double razor blade parallel makes it harder to stitch back together neat

https://i.imgur.com/npgznVI.jpg

redred
04-05-2018, 06:44 PM
We could mess someone up :lol:

lost in melb.
04-05-2018, 11:20 PM
We could mess someone up :lol: :drunkpost:

Take out a prisonpunk any day
:bong:

redred
04-06-2018, 09:28 AM
Seems more fun in London last night :woot:

The Monk
04-07-2018, 01:34 AM

I think the Romans would disagree with that statement.

They could but they'd be wrong..... their empire was large but so was Britain's and extended further due to advances in exploration. Even the Mongols may even feature in this argument.

lost in melb.
04-07-2018, 02:53 AM
I think Britain's was bigger (hard to believe isn't it?)

Which was more important? Hard to tell, but here is an Anglophiles response.

What Empire/Civilisation could rival the British Empire/Commonwealth, humanities first true Superpower, which at its peak became the only Hyperpower in history - Starting in the early 16th century with North America and the Caribbean (West Indies. Reaching its zenith between 1815 & 1922 “Imperial century” & started to collapse in the aftermath of ww2, relinquishing control of Hong Kong in 1997, being viewed as the end of empire.

Almost 1/3 of the countries in existence today were formed or founded by the British.

Important cities founded or built by the British across the world include New York, Boston, Sydney, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Vancouver to list a few.

Maritime laws, governing all ships at sea regardless of nationality were laid out by the British 200 years ago.

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) also known as Coordinated Universal Time, is still the world’s time standard, meaning all clocks are still set by British time.

British legal system (common law with trial by jury) is used by around 25% of the world.

Over half the world’s nations use the British democratic system (parliamentary democracy)

Sports invented and codified in Britain include Association Football (most popular sport), Cricket (worlds 2nd most popular), Rugby, Golf, Badminton, Rounders/baseball, Snooker, Tennis etc.

The Japanese department of Trade and Industry (MITI) launched a massive project to list every item currently used by humans. When the project finished they discovered that 54% of all things used by mankind today across the entire world, were invented or designed by the British, the rest of the world combined made up the other 46% (Japan's share - 5%)

I will close with the contributions of Edward Jenner the pioneer of smallpox vaccine, the world's first vaccine. His work is said to have "saved more lives than the work of any other human” and Alexander Fleming’s for his discovery of the world's first antibiotic Penicillin.

Imagine a world without Britain's ridiculous contribution to Music, Art, Science, Acting, Literature or Medicine. Let alone the Industrial revolution, English language or often forgotten abolition of slavery, which finally ended 3000+ years of human cruelty at its worst.

redred
04-07-2018, 06:32 AM
Bow to the queen bitches :lol:

deebakes
04-07-2018, 06:47 AM
how many more stabbed since yesterday red? :?

redred
04-07-2018, 07:01 AM
I think the last reports were 1 friday am gmt ,but could be wrong

redred
04-07-2018, 08:37 AM
In addition to the stabbings, a man in his 20s was shot in the face in Tyers Street, Vauxhall, at about 01:25.

He is in hospital and his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening, police said. No arrests have been made.

:lol: at least he wasn't stabbed

deebakes
04-07-2018, 03:15 PM
shot in the face and not life threatening? :wtf:

redred
04-07-2018, 03:53 PM
Could be a bb gun :lol:

deebakes
04-07-2018, 04:13 PM
i see :lol: