PDA

View Full Version : Russia blames Israel for deadly airstrike on Assad base after alleged chemical attack

Teh One Who Knocks
04-09-2018, 10:30 AM
By Samuel Chamberlain | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/AvlkObt.jpg

Russia on Monday blamed the Israeli Air Force for the deadly airstrike on a Bashar al-Assad air base after a suspected chemical attack killed at least 40 in a Damascus suburb over the weekend.

Russia's Defense Ministry said two Israeli fighter jets launched the attack on the T4 air base in central Syria from Lebanon's air space.
Syria shot down five out of the eight missiles that targeted the base, the ministry said. It said the other three landed in the western part of the T4 base.

The airstrikes reportedly killed 14 people, including Iranians, at a military airport near the city of Homs.

A Syrian military official also said Israel was behind the attack.

https://i.imgur.com/ZRY93AC.jpg

Israel has struck inside Syria in recent years. No country has taken credit for the airstrike.

Saturday's chemical attack unfolded in a rebel-held town near Damascus amid a resumed offensive by Syrian government forces after the collapse of a truce.

Syrian activists, rescuers and medics said a poison gas attack in Douma killed at least 40 people, with families found suffocated in their houses and shelters. The reports could not immediately be independently verified.

Images released by the Syrian Civil Defense White Helmets, a volunteer organization, showed children lying on the ground motionless and foaming at the mouth. The Assad government denied responsibility.

The Pentagon denied any involvement in the airstrike overnight at the Syrian air base.

“However, we continue to closely watch the situation and support the ongoing diplomatic efforts to hold those who use chemical weapons, in Syria and otherwise, accountable,” a Defense Department spokesman said.

On Sunday morning, Trump condemned the latest attack as "mindless," referred to Assad as an "animal" and said Russian President Vladimir Putin was "responsible" for enabling the carnage.

The president also warned Russia and Iran that there would be a "big price to pay" for backing the Assad regime and slammed former President Barack Obama, who vowed in 2012 that such actions would cross a “red line,” but later failed to enforce the promise a year later when hundreds of Syrians were killed by sarin gas. Instead, Obama brokered a multi-nation deal in which Assad pledged to remove his chemical-weapons stockpile.

Trump was to meet with his senior military leadership on Monday, the same day his new national security adviser, John Bolton, assumes his post. Bolton has previously advocated significant airstrikes against Syria.

Fox News' Lucas Tomlinson, John Roberts, Travis Fedschun, Edmund DeMarche and the AP contributed to this report.

deebakes
04-09-2018, 10:48 AM
:|

lost in melb.
04-09-2018, 11:29 AM
He had me until 'Obama's fault'...

DemonGeminiX
04-09-2018, 10:03 PM
The UN is a joke. Good on Israel for taking action. We need to take decisive action, and quickly.

Obama let Assad and his allies get away with this shit. He emboldened them with his empty threats and inaction. He claimed that diplomacy got rid of Assad's chemical weapons, except for the ones that Assad just used on his own people. Trump inherited this shitshow from Obama.

Sorry, Lost. It is Obama's fault. This should have been dealt with a long time ago.

lost in melb.
04-09-2018, 11:07 PM
The UN is a joke. Good on Israel for taking action. We need to take decisive action, and quickly.

Obama let Assad and his allies get away with this shit. He emboldened them with his empty threats and inaction. He claimed that diplomacy got rid of Assad's chemical weapons, except for the ones that Assad just used on his own people. Trump inherited this shitshow from Obama.

Sorry, Lost. It is Obama's fault. This should have been dealt with a long time ago.

Dealt with like Afghanistan and Iraq?

They have continued to use chemical warfare despite Trump's action. That's on him - and using the same kind of argument, his fault for not being able to stop it.

DemonGeminiX
04-10-2018, 12:10 AM
Every time Obama got into a difficult situation in his sham of a Presidency, he and the Libs/Dems blamed it on Bush. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. This is Obama's fault. If you don't like it, then tough shit.

Would you like to explain to me your solution to this situation, Lost? Are you gonna go in there with campfires and guitars and sing fucking Kumbaya? Maybe you didn't get the memo the first time, but the diplomatic solution didn't fucking work. So what would you do, Lost? People are being killed by banned weapons by their own government, Lost. What the fuck is your solution, Lost? They're using illegal chemical weapons, Lost. There's kid's being burned alive from the inside by a government that's supposed to protect them. What's your fucking solution, Lost? Obama claimed that the diplomatic solution worked, and it would never happen again, but looky here! They're using chemical weapons that Obama claimed his grand diplomatic solution got rid of. Guess what? His bullshit feel good diplomatic solution didn't work. They lied, Lost. They crossed their fingers behind their backs and laughed at the world while the world turned their back on the situation. Then they went back and started killing innocent people again. So what's your fucking solution, Lost? How the fuck are you going to fix this, Lost?

lost in melb.
04-11-2018, 02:59 AM
Every time Obama got into a difficult situation in his sham of a Presidency, he and the Libs/Dems blamed it on Bush. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. This is Obama's fault. If you don't like it, then tough shit.

Would you like to explain to me your solution to this situation, Lost? Are you gonna go in there with campfires and guitars and sing fucking Kumbaya? Maybe you didn't get the memo the first time, but the diplomatic solution didn't fucking work. So what would you do, Lost? People are being killed by banned weapons by their own government, Lost. What the fuck is your solution, Lost? They're using illegal chemical weapons, Lost. There's kid's being burned alive from the inside by a government that's supposed to protect them. What's your fucking solution, Lost? Obama claimed that the diplomatic solution worked, and it would never happen again, but looky here! They're using chemical weapons that Obama claimed his grand diplomatic solution got rid of. Guess what? His bullshit feel good diplomatic solution didn't work. They lied, Lost. They crossed their fingers behind their backs and laughed at the world while the world turned their back on the situation. Then they went back and started killing innocent people again. So what's your fucking solution, Lost? How the fuck are you going to fix this, Lost?

It's very easy to act tough interfering in a civil war at the push of a button when it's your countrymen's resources and lives that are put at risk, not your own.

It's also easier to start a war than end one. If Obama had followed GW's path you would be knee-deep in Iran and Syria and who knows where else, still be in Iraq and be further committed in Afghanistan. Every time you bomb or send troops to an arab country you are adding fuel to the fire - whether the backlash and cost of that outweighs the good it does is hard to gauge.

I don't have a specific answer for stopping further chemical incidents in Syria. The retaliatory bombing last time didn't work as a preventative.

Finally, I know kids getting gassed is an emotionally stirring issue, but please watch how many fucks you direct at me when talking. Cheers,

Goofy
04-12-2018, 07:26 AM
Finally, I know kids getting gassed is an emotionally stirring issue, but please watch how many fucks you direct at me when talking. Cheers,

Doesn't look like any of those "fucks" were aimed directly at you.

Pretty much since Trump became US President every other post i see from you and Monk seems to be either a dig at him or a dig at the American way of life, i'm actually surprised by our US members restraint in their posts towards you.

We know your views on Trump, we know your views on US gun control, we know your views on US foreign policy. Truth is i actually agree with you on a lot of it. The difference is i have some respect for my US friends here so i choose to not constantly ram my opinions down their throats.

In conclusion, give it a fucking rest for fucks sake.

lost in melb.
04-12-2018, 08:17 AM
Doesn't look like any of those "fucks" were aimed directly at you.

Pretty much since Trump became US President every other post i see from you and Monk seems to be either a dig at him or a dig at the American way of life, i'm actually surprised by our US members restraint in their posts towards you.

We know your views on Trump, we know your views on US gun control, we know your views on US foreign policy. Truth is i actually agree with you on a lot of it. The difference is i have some respect for my US friends here so i choose to not constantly ram my opinions down their throats.

In conclusion, give it a fucking rest for fucks sake.

Yep, I'm man enough to acknowledge truth in what you're saying. I think in this particular post DGX while technically not threatening me directly was more heated than I deserved. I think my point was ok, and it was an unexpected blast in return.

But I have probably dug in the boot to Trump a lot, too much, in other posts. I've tried as I've got to know, like and understand my US friends better, to tone it down and will continue to try. Perhaps, the Trump supporters can tone down the constant verbiage against the immoral left, idiot liberals, etc. too. There are some non-grandstanding hardworking people on that side.

I appreciate you picking me up on this.

redred
04-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Group reach around?

Goofy
04-12-2018, 09:31 AM
I appreciate DGXs response was heated, but i think that's been building up over a period of time - poke a bear with a stick for long enough and eventually it's gonna bite.

I'd like to see everyone tone it down a bit if im being honest, this is meant to be a friendly, fun forum where us long-time friends can have a bit of banter. In recent times im seeing too much political bullshit and its becoming tiring reading it tbh. Politics is a subject that can quite quickly turn friends into foes, hence why you'll rarely see me participating in those threads.

Anyhow, thanks for acknowledging my post mate :)

Goofy
04-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Group reach around?
Hal's not here :(

redred
04-12-2018, 09:47 AM
Could we start without him ?

lost in melb.
04-12-2018, 11:08 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/7zogIIWMhgJLU2HI3p/giphy.gif

deebakes
04-12-2018, 11:34 PM