PDA

View Full Version : Theresa May ‘orders submarines to Syria as Britain prepares to strike’

Teh One Who Knocks
04-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Joe Roberts for Metro.co.uk

https://i.imgur.com/WVdLFEv.jpg

Theresa May has reportedly ordered British submarines to move within striking range of Syria.

The alleged move signals Britain’s eagerness to join the US in retaliation strikes against the Syrian military.

The strikes could begin as early as Thursday night, the Daily Telegraph reports.

Government sources allegedly said Britain was ‘doing everything necessary’ to be able to fire Tomahawk cruise missiles from submarines against military targets in Syria.

The Prime Minister is holding an emergency Cabinet meeting tomorrow after declaring ‘all the indications’ were that Bashar al-Assad’s regime launched the chemical strike that killed at least 40 people in Douma.

https://i.imgur.com/d59K548.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OkRjooY.jpg

It comes after Jeremy Corbyn demanded that Parliament be given a say before any military action is taken.

‘Parliament should always be given a say on military action,’ Mr Corbyn told the BBC when asked about Syria.

‘Obviously the situation is very serious, obviously there has to be, now, a demand for a political process to end the war in Syria.

‘We cannot risk an escalation even further than it’s gone already.’

https://i.imgur.com/FVWYcZp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WbDWrYz.jpg

The Labour leader would prefer all sides to sit down and negotiate an end to the civil war.

Corbyn added: ‘What happened last weekend was terrible.

‘What we don’t want is bombardment which leads to escalation and leads to a hot war between Russia and America over the skies of Syria.’

US President Donald Trump has warned of imminent military action in Syria in response to the attack.

DemonGeminiX
04-12-2018, 12:01 PM
If a few more join in, then maybe Putin will start shitting his pants and quit talking so tough.

Goofy
04-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Get yer tools out, get yer tools out, get yer tools out for the boys!!!!

Teh One Who Knocks
04-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Get yer tools out, get yer tools out, get yer tools out for the boys!!!!

:-k

:meatspin:

Goofy
04-12-2018, 12:37 PM
:facepalm:

Muddy
04-12-2018, 02:18 PM
OK, easy there Britain.. Don't be writing checks you cant cover on your own. I feel your heart, but don't be foolhardy. This is a different type of war these days..

redred
04-12-2018, 02:33 PM
OK, easy there Britain.. Don't be writing checks you cant cover on your own. I feel your heart, but don't be foolhardy. This is a different type of war these days..

we won't be rushing , we're waiting like a little lap dog wagging it's tail for you guys

Muddy
04-12-2018, 03:17 PM
we won't be rushing , we're waiting like a little lap dog wagging it's tail for you guys

Listen, I totally respect you guys and your abilities.. All Im saying is be careful fucking with that 500 pound Gorilla Russia.. They may be wanting to flex up on someone as a show of force/power..

redred
04-12-2018, 03:28 PM
I was mocking my country not yours :lol: it will be the same as when you guys told us to go after imaginary wmd

Muddy
04-12-2018, 04:02 PM
I know.. I just wanted you to know that I do respect you guys country..

redred
04-12-2018, 04:09 PM
You should visit london :lol:

Muddy
04-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Come here and let me hold you like a baby..

redred
04-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Little creepy muddy , little creepy :outtahere:

deebakes
04-12-2018, 11:52 PM
london is a fucking shit hole :lol:

but i don't think virginia is much better :rofl:

redred
04-13-2018, 05:22 AM
:lol:

Muddy
04-13-2018, 10:32 AM
Hes drunk, Red..

redred
04-13-2018, 10:38 AM
Typical:roll:

Hikari Kisugi
04-13-2018, 05:16 PM

It really isn't.
Every military really wants to know how capable they are.
The Russians have said they will shoot down missiles.

Both Britain, France and the US will be desperate to have an adequate situation which will allow them to fire upon something, just to see if the Russian countermeasures are remotely capable.
The Russians will want the chance to attempt to shoot them down, and by proxy, see if they can identify the platforms the missiles come from, especially if it is submarine based.

We shall see what happens, but this little spat will be all about intel gathering rather than slapping down an airbase of assads.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-13-2018, 05:51 PM
I don't think the Russians will have too much joy trying to shoot down either ship launched cruise missiles or submarine launched missiles. Despite all the claims, it's a lot harder than it looks. Even the US military failed in their last 2 or 3 (test) attempts to shoot down an ICBM, and that's a lot bigger target to try and take out.

redred
04-14-2018, 12:01 AM
Who knows but do we really want to be testing them?

DemonGeminiX
04-14-2018, 03:42 AM
And it has begun...

redred
04-14-2018, 06:19 AM
Oh joy :sad2:

lost in melb.
04-14-2018, 07:24 AM
Boom, boom...

redred
04-14-2018, 08:30 AM
it's ok we gave them enough notice

Hikari Kisugi
04-14-2018, 08:37 AM
Syrian air defence shot down a total of zero missiles, although they claimed twenty or similar.
The Russians it doesn't appeared deployed or fired their system.
Shame, I'd have like to have know if their percentage hit rate was anything above 10%

Might just need to bung a thousand of them at Moscow to find out for sure ;)

Plants seemingly were evacuated on Russian orders when the strikes were spotted.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-14-2018, 05:28 PM
Syrian air defence shot down a total of zero missiles, although they claimed twenty or similar.
The Russians it doesn't appeared deployed or fired their system.
Shame, I'd have like to have know if their percentage hit rate was anything above 10%

Might just need to bung a thousand of them at Moscow to find out for sure ;)

Plants seemingly were evacuated on Russian orders when the strikes were spotted.The Russian military is claiming that they shot down 71 out of 105 missiles that were launched :nono:

Hikari Kisugi
04-14-2018, 05:56 PM
Will our lot admit how many were downed?

redred
04-14-2018, 08:06 PM
Doubt it

DemonGeminiX
04-14-2018, 10:17 PM
The Russian military is claiming that they shot down 71 out of 105 missiles that were launched :nono:

Sometimes propaganda is the greatest tool of war.