PDA

View Full Version : South Korean President Says Trump Deserves Nobel Peace Prize

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2018, 12:38 PM
Jack Heretik - Washington Free Beacon

https://i.imgur.com/CQLqzKV.jpg

South Korean President Moon Jae-in said on Monday that President Donald Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.

Moon made the comment in a cabinet meeting and was included in a media release to the press according to Business Insider. Moon's comment comes days after meeting with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un.

"President Trump should win the Nobel Peace Prize," Moon said. "What we need is only peace."

Back in January, Moon said Trump deserved "big credit" for developments on the Korean peninsula.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.), also said that Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize if the Korean War formally ends. It was announced following the meeting between Moon and Kim that two sides would try to bring about the formal end of the Korean War, which the United States was a party to from 1950 to 1953. Though the war ended, the two Koreas remain technically at war.

Last week, news broke that South Korean President Moon Jae-in and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un met to further discuss denuclearization of the peninsula and strengthening ties between the two countries. Trump has noted that negotiations with North Korea are going "very well."

Trump is expected to meet with the North Korean leader sometime in the next month or two. Details surrounding the meeting have not yet been released, but both sides say they are working on it.

Trump's predecessor, former president Barack Obama, won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009, drawing criticism for why the new president was awarded the prize though he had not accomplished anything major since he took office. The prize's awarding committee's secretary even has said that he regretted giving the prize to Obama.

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2018, 12:41 PM
Imagine that.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2018, 12:46 PM
:nono: This obviously has nothing to do with having the first president since Reagan that won't bow down to tyrant regimes [-(

Goofy
04-30-2018, 01:36 PM
:clap:

lost in melb.
04-30-2018, 02:11 PM
He can join the hallowed ranks...

https://i.imgflip.com/1jq3in.jpg

RBP
04-30-2018, 02:36 PM
Well done, Mr. President.

Let's see how the left spins this....

Muddy
04-30-2018, 02:43 PM
The writing on the wall is as clear as it gets.. The insane leftist mother fucks are mentally broken..

redred
04-30-2018, 03:11 PM
his award would have to be bigger and greater than obamas

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2018, 03:14 PM
He can join the hallowed ranks...

https://i.imgflip.com/1jq3in.jpg

Nobel panel saw Obama peace prize as ‘mistake,’ new book claims
By Meghan Bartlett - The Washington Times

https://i.imgur.com/ZAbi90e.jpg

The former director of Norway’s Nobel Institute revealed this week that he regrets the committee’s decision to give the 2009 Nobel Peace award to President Obama.

Geil Lundestad, director at the institute for 25 years, said in his just-published memoir that he and the committee had unanimously decided to grant the award to Mr. Obama just after his election in 2009 more in hopes of aiding the American president to achieve his goals on nuclear disarmament, rather than in recognition of what Mr. Obama had already accomplished.

Looking back over Mr. Obama’s presidency, Mr. Lundestad said, granting him the award did not fulfill the committee’s expectations.

“[We] thought it would strengthen Obama and it didn’t have this effect,” he told the Associated Press in an interview.

The award so early in his term appeared to take the Obama White House by surprise, and Mr. Lundestad said U.S. officials privately asked if a Nobel Prize-winner had ever skipped the awards ceremony.

Normally the Nobel committee’s decision regarding recipients remains private, and Mr. Lundestad’s frank and revealing remarks regarding internal decisions have caused a stir in Norway, detailing the politicking and compromises that have gone into determining the annual laureate.

“Even many of Obama’s supporters thought that the prize was a mistake,” Mr. Lundestad said. In the book, he expressed regret that the decision had been based in a hope for the future rather than recognition of past accomplishments, and that their expectations for Mr. Obama were not fulfilled.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-30-2018, 03:22 PM
Hahahaha, everyone trying to say it was all South Korea.....except South Korea

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2018, 03:51 PM
Hahahaha, everyone trying to say it was all South Korea.....except South Korea

:-k

I'm not sure this is really either US President's doing :lol: S. Korea had two back to back, incredibly corrupt and self-serving PM's. Now that Moon is in power, shits getting done.

8-[

PorkChopSandwiches
04-30-2018, 04:20 PM
All the Libs out here saying this was 100% the work of Moon and nothing to do with Trump. Yet here Moon is saying Trump deserves a Nobel Peace Prize

redred
04-30-2018, 07:22 PM
Maybe moon is more humble

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2018, 07:42 PM
Maybe he's an honest man.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Maybe it's Maybelline

lost in melb.
04-30-2018, 11:39 PM
If but, maybe. I think China had the most to do with it :shrug:

Being generous, Trump hounded China to step up, which they did. Whether as consequence or coincidence, we may never know

RBP
05-01-2018, 02:26 AM
If but, maybe. I think China had the most to do with it :shrug:

Being generous, Trump hounded China to step up, which they did. Whether as consequence or coincidence, we may never know

That's the TDS counter point. One of 2 things.. either they credit China or they say it was in the works already and it was happenstance. Okay.

The Monk
05-01-2018, 03:00 AM
The world should honour a man that has taken it to the brink of nuclear war.

RBP
05-01-2018, 03:04 AM

Like Reagan and the Berlin wall?

lost in melb.
05-01-2018, 08:23 AM
That's the TDS counter point. One of 2 things.. either they credit China or they say it was in the works already and it was happenstance. Okay.

I was trying to give your boy a bit of credit there :slap:

Ok... perhaps he spoke a language that Kim understood. More fair now?

Pony
05-01-2018, 09:51 AM

:rofl:

Oh wait, were you serious?

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2018, 11:09 AM
I think JFK had us at the brink of nuclear war with the whole Bay of Pigs stunt gone wrong. And that's the closest we've actually been to actual obliteration.