PDA

View Full Version : Nicole Richie Joins Forces With Jessica Simpson for New Reality Show

Teh One Who Knocks
07-07-2011, 03:31 PM
By Allison Corneau for Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/1NQAk.jpg

Fashion stars indeed!

Nicole Richie is set to offer her design expertise as a celebrity mentor on NBC's new reality competition series, Fashion Star, the network confirmed Thursday. The Winter Kate designer, 29, will join menswear designer John Varvatos and previously announced celebrity mentor Jessica Simpson on the series, which is hosted by Elle MacPherson.

"Jessica, Nicole, John and Elle make the most exciting team we have ever worked with on a reality television show and we are thrilled to feature such an extraordinary group of mentors and designers," Fashion Star's executive producer, Ben Silverman, tells Us Weekly in a statement.

Though she helms a fashion empire, mom of two Richie says her own personal style is much less thought out.

"I don't think it's as prepared as you'd think," she recently told U.K.'s In Style magazine. "I just grab whatever's around and put it on."

She says she's "pretty much a jeans and T-shirt type of girl and then I go from there."

Her style secret? "I collect a lot of vintage kimonos and vintage bed jackets," she says. "I'll throw those on, and a lot of the time it will appear that I'm wearing a completely different outfit, but I'm not."

Tell Us: Will you watch Nicole and Jessica on Fashion Star?

MrsM
07-07-2011, 03:39 PM

Nope - unless they decide to have a pillow fight in their undies - then I may download it :)

Tank
07-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Nope - unless they decide to have a pillow fight in their undies - then I may download it :)

:hand:

nude or im not even considering it!

Hal-9000
07-07-2011, 06:40 PM
yes and the pillow fight would have to be a dildo fight....

ooooh, you stabbed me :oops:

Godfather
07-08-2011, 02:12 AM
Dumb and Dumber 3?

deebakes
07-08-2011, 04:22 AM
chicken of the sea ftw!

Noilly Pratt
07-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Her style secret? "I collect a lot of vintage kimonos and vintage bed jackets," she says. "I'll throw those on, and a lot of the time it will appear that I'm wearing a completely different outfit, but I'm not."

Do you believe that? I don't...more like "my people collect a lot of...". One of my more eccentric friends in her younger days would buy vintage dresses from Value Village, Salvation Army etc. (we're talking Victorian era or even the roaring 20's) just because she'd like the fabric or the cut or the style or something about it. So she amassed quite a collection in her attic over the years.

Now she needs room, so she's selling them off on e-bay and designers and stars are making her a fairly rich lady. Certain swatches, never mind the whole dress can go for 100's of dollars.

Most of her buyers are either famous designers who take a swatch of the fabric and create something new, or those that want the complete outfit are most likely people who buy for famous people (always a box # in Hollywood, California - and a silly name like Jane Smith. Occasionally the buyer will let it slip who she's buying for. Courtney Love is one I remember).

Alas, no cable so probably not. If they wear 60's go-go girl outfits and dance around (including Elle too) I might try to watch, using some pirate TV Internet way. :mrgreen: