PDA

View Full Version : Vegan turns on another vegan for buying crying child ice cream

Teh One Who Knocks
05-01-2018, 10:35 AM
Martine Berg Olsen for Metro.co.uk

https://i.imgur.com/yGhsLLn.jpg

A vegan tweeter has lashed out at a vegan blogger for buying a ‘crying child’ a dairy ice cream.

Anthony Dagher told his Twitter followers to send Zara-Anne Borrelli private messages to tell her she was ‘wrong’ for buying the kid a non-vegan treat.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk about the ‘nasty’ comments she has received, Zara-Anne said: ‘It feels like a kick in the teeth to be honest.

‘I’ve done my best for almost a year to live a vegan lifestyle with as little cruelty as possible and because I was kind to one child I was hunted pretty much. It was terrible.’

Zara-Anne, 22, wrote about her kind gesture on Twitter.

She said: ‘Pulled out my driveway to find a little girl crying, she didn’t have any money for the ice cream van like her friends did so I gave her enough money to get herself a nice big ice cream with sauce, sprinkles and a flake.

‘She was so happy (and soon had ice cream round her mouth).’

https://i.imgur.com/J1lslUz.jpg
Vegans attacked the blogger on Instagram (Picture: Zara-Anne Borrelli)
However, the blogger’s tweet seemed to hit a spot with fellow vegan Anthony, who turned on her for ‘claiming to be a vegan’.

Anthony, 25, wrote: ‘I usually do not do this, but I feel like this is appropriate to post since this person is claiming to be a vegan even though she admitted to buying non-vegan ice cream for someone else.

‘She defended what she did when I spoke to her privately about it even though I was respectful, blocked me rather than admitting I was right and that she would not have bought the non-vegan ice cream for that child.

‘To my vegan followers, I know who she is following should be able to send her a private message here. Just in case that is not possible, one of my screenshots show her Instagram account.

‘I do not want her to be attacked. I just want her to see she was wrong, which I hope enough vegans talking with her will accomplish.’
Zara-Anne said: ‘Him sharing my Instagram link did in fact bring a few nasties that way. That was what hurt the most because I have photos of loved ones on there and a few unkind things were said about them too.

‘One man told me that my partner and I ‘had better not breed’ as we were a disgrace to veganism and that my dog should be taken away from me.’

However, many people have defended Zara-Anne, a medical science student, who said the positive comments had been ‘lovely.’

One supporter wrote: ‘I am vegan, last year my dog was so hot, we had been out all day, all could get him was a non-vegan ice cream, does that make me less of a vegan… No, course not.’
Another one said: ‘You’re doing great sweety. Veganism is about love, kindness and compassion and you did all that, don’t listen to the haters.’

Anthony then started to lash out at anyone saying Zara-Anne’s gesture was innocent or kind.

He told one person: ‘It is why pieces of shit like you need to leave the planet if possible.’

He told another Zara-Anne supporter: ‘She helped a child at the expense of non-human babies you illiterate moron.’

Zara-Anne concluded: ‘I still support and love the vegan movement and will continue to be a part of it despite Antony’s protests.’

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Man, people need to get over themselves.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-01-2018, 11:49 AM
And assholes like that guy wonder why people hate vegans.

Goofy
05-01-2018, 11:56 AM
Vegans are psychopaths :nuts:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-01-2018, 03:37 PM
These people have far to much free time

Muddy
05-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Good on you for buying the kid an ice cream.. :thumbsup:

deebakes
05-02-2018, 01:23 AM
:ffs: