PDA

View Full Version : Woman who tore nipple off daughter-in-law pleads guilty

Teh One Who Knocks
07-07-2011, 09:43 PM
By Ashley Meeks/Las Cruces Sun-News

http://i.imgur.com/Hh2ks.jpg

LAS CRUCES - The woman who twisted off her daughter-in-law's nipple in a drunken brawl has pleaded guilty to the crime just days before she was set to go to trial.

Amelia Love Oveide, 46, entered the last-minute guilty plea to aggravated battery against a household member with great bodily harm on Friday afternoon, said Deputy District Attorney Michael Heitz.

A one-day trial had been scheduled for Thursday before state District Judge Douglas Driggers.

Although the attack left Oveide's daughter-in-law unable to breast feed on one side, the victim supported Oveide receiving a sentence of supervised probation, Heitz said.
"It's her mother-in-law, and everybody had been drinking," Heitz said. "Although she is upset about having her nipple ripped off ... It's still family. (Oveide) helps with child care and everything. She didn't want her to go to prison."

Oveide grabbed the 30-year-old victim's breast when the younger woman tried to intervene in a drunken argument between Oveide and her 27-year-old son early the morning of Dec. 12, 2010, according to a police report. Oveide could only be stopped when the younger woman allegedly started punching her in the face, the report stated.

After Oveide was removed from the apartment in the 1000 block of Idaho Avenue, the victim realized the struggle had left her bleeding. When she untucked her tank top, her nipple fell on the ground, according to the police report.

Instead of calling 911, the victim put the nipple in a bag.

After several hours, she decided she should go to the emergency room at Memorial Medical Center, where the Las Cruces Police Department was called as doctors were attempting to reattach the right nipple to the victim's breast.

A felon whose criminal record includes two convictions for drug possession and one each for firearm possession and concealing a weapon, Oveide was ordered Friday to pay for the victim's medical bills, which totaled around $10,000, Heitz said.

The attack was one of the most bizarre the district attorney's office had ever seen, said Heitz, who prosecuted last year's case in which a teenager defecated in a stranger's car - mistakenly thinking it was his girlfriend's.

"This was one of the odder cases," Heitz said. "I can't even imagine what kind of force would be required to tear a nipple off through clothing."

AntZ
07-07-2011, 09:50 PM
I guess "titty twisters" actually can do damage! :-s

Deepsepia
07-07-2011, 10:33 PM
The attack was one of the most bizarre the district attorney's office had ever seen, said Heitz, who prosecuted last year's case in which a teenager defecated in a stranger's car - mistakenly thinking it was his girlfriend's.

"This was one of the odder cases," Heitz said. "

Sounds like he's Florida material . . .

Hal-9000
07-07-2011, 10:46 PM
thread tag....bust-ed?

I can't comment when I'm laughing at this horrible crime :lol:

/hal

redred
07-08-2011, 07:47 AM
that must have been some grip on that nipple

MrsM
07-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Instead of calling 911, the victim put the nipple in a bag.

After several hours, she decided she should go to the emergency room at Memorial Medical Center, where the Las Cruces Police Department was called as doctors were attempting to reattach the right nipple to the victim's breast.

Several hours? - :wtf:

SmoothBob
07-09-2011, 08:19 AM
I didn't know they unscrewed!

I thought it was just the old 'unscrew ur belly-button and ur ass falls off..'