PDA

View Full Version : Kate Middleton Makes A Seriously Sick Little Girl’s Wish Come True

Teh One Who Knocks
07-08-2011, 11:15 AM
By Radar Staff

http://i.imgur.com/Qrajf.jpg

Sometimes fairytales really can turn into reality!

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge made their last stop in Canada Thursday, one day before boarding a plane to LA, and Kate took time to make a seriously sick little girl’s wish come true.

Upon the royal couple’s arrival in Calgary, six-year-old Diamond Marshall had her wish of meeting a real life princess granted when she presented Kate with a colorful bouquet of flowers.

Big-hearted Kate couldn’t resist the shy little girl’s charms and knelt down to give her a big hug and a kiss. The Duchess, a vision in a primrose yellow Jenny Packham dress was obviously moved by the pretty little girl, who is bravely battling cancer, and the moment made for a touching, heartbreaking scene.

The meeting was arranged by the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Will and Kate will be rounding off the rest of their Canadian tour with a traditional white hat ceremony, then onto a tour of the University of Calgary Ward of the 21st Century Research and Innovation Centre.

For their last event of the evening the couple will be guests of honor at a reception hosted by the Prime Minister.

MrsM
07-08-2011, 01:20 PM
:tup:

redred
07-08-2011, 01:39 PM
seems them 2 can't do a lot wrong ,they seem down to earth and know that the public do want to spend time in there lives good on them

Teh One Who Knocks
07-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Yup, with all the horrible things going on in the world, it's good to see stories like this.

redred
07-08-2011, 02:26 PM
and doesn't take a lot, 5minutes or so out of time and you've cheered up the life of a sick little girl

Noilly Pratt
07-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Yes - that's nice to see. I think Diana ushered in the era of approachable royals, and I'm glad it's continuing.

That and the unscheduled stop to Slave Lake, Alberta - that was a big morale booster to the people there I understand.

Very classy.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-08-2011, 03:32 PM
all hail king Arthur

Hal-9000
07-08-2011, 03:47 PM
seems them 2 can't do a lot wrong ,they seem down to earth and know that the public do want to spend time in there lives good on them

the story says - last stop in Canada on Thursday - they're here all day today :rolleyes:

and right you are...they've done a couple of off-schedule things like this, apparently they're giving security fits.
William climbed up on a bull riding chute and threatened like he was going to jump on one of the beasts :lol:

Godfather
07-09-2011, 01:35 AM
I don't generally care about celebrity... and that includes the Royals.

But I have to say... from the news highlights this past week, these two were classy and impressive all the way. They look like they were having fun and being real humans with emotions.

They can come back to Canada any time :thumbsup:

Noilly Pratt
07-09-2011, 03:33 AM
Here's an image my bro in law captured when they went through Calgary earlier today.

A TEHBASEMENT EXCLUSIVE!! :D

http://i52.tinypic.com/14tqw6h.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
07-09-2011, 10:17 AM
http://tehbasement.com/showthread.php?9728-Catherine-Middleton-candids-while-at-the-Calgary-Int-l-Airport-in-Calgary-ALB-%28July-7th-2011%29&p=116986#post116986

deebakes
07-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Way to go kate :tup: