PDA

View Full Version : Canadians Furious With Attorney General For Objecting To Jury’s Verdict

Teh One Who Knocks
05-29-2018, 12:58 PM
David Krayden, Ottawa Bureau Chief - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/22uvIwBl.jpg

Canadians were furious with Liberal Attorney General Jody Wilson-Raybould when she objected to a jury declaring a prairie farmer innocent of murder charges in a home invasion.

A CBC News access to information request shows that while Wilson-Raybould tweeted her offense at the verdict, hundreds of Canadians objected to her interference in the outcome of the highly controversial trial of a farmer whom the jury acquitted in the killing of aborginal home invader Colten Boushie.

First Nations activists seized on the verdict as evidence of “systemic racism” in Canada.

As did Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

After Trudeau registered his disapproval of the acquittal in a tweet, Wilson-Raybould responded:

“Thank you, Prime Minister @JustinTrudeau, My thoughts are with the family of Colten Boushie tonight. I truly feel your pain and I hear all of your voices.

“As a country we can and must do better — I am committed to working everyday to ensure justice for all Canadians.”

The apparent interference of the justice minister in the Canadian justice system outraged many. CBC obtained 500 responses but more could be forthcoming, and include the following:

“Your tweet ‘feeling their pain’ and commenting that ‘our country can do better’ is inappropriate and serves to undermine the difficult decisions that the jurors faced,” one person declared.

“Tweets like yours (as we see from the President of the U.S.) do nothing to advance an agenda or drive peace in our great country.”

“How dare you interfere with the very justice system for which you are responsible?” Asked another.

“Your personal opinion is irrelevant and inappropriately voiced as the ‘Minister of Justice’. Surely you comprehend the meaning of ‘political interference’.

“You have truly overstepped with your comments on this case,” wrote another person who self-identified as a criminal defence lawyer.

“You have put me in the very uncomfortable and unwelcome position of agreeing with the Conservative MPs who have spoken out on this issue.”

deebakes
05-30-2018, 12:43 AM
:wtf2: