PDA

View Full Version : 'I smoke crack,' Racine woman allegedly tells officer after car chase

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2018, 11:43 AM
Journal-Times Staff Report

https://i.imgur.com/q3xtZaW.jpg

RACINE — A Racine woman is facing a felony charge after allegedly leading an officer on a vehicle chase that zigzagged the wrong way down one-way streets and through alleyways.

Brenda J. McMorris, 55, of the 900 block of Chicago Street, is charged with one felony count of attempting to flee or elude and officer.

According to the criminal complaint:

At 8:23 p.m. Saturday night, a Racine Police Department officer spotted McMorris driving east on the 2100 block of 17th Street without her vehicle’s headlights on. The officer reportedly followed McMorris and tried to conduct a traffic stop, but she sped off.

Reaching speeds of up to 45 mph, McMorris reportedly led the officer through alleys and drove the wrong way down three one-way streets before coming to a stop in a parking lot in the 2200 block of Washington Avenue.

The officer reportedly approached the car and began performing a field sobriety test. McMorris allegedly interrupted him to explain she had smoked crack three hours earlier.

As the officer continued the test, McMorris reportedly said the test was “dumb” and that she did not need to complete it because she was not drunk.

“I already told you, I smoked crack,” McMorris allegedly told the officer, explaining that she had not slept in three days and had used crack heavily during the period.

McMorris made an initial court appearance Tuesday, where a cash bond was set at $400, online records show.

She has been assigned a preliminary hearing for June 13 in county Circuit Court.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-31-2018, 03:40 PM
:winning:

Muddy
05-31-2018, 03:46 PM
Back in the day I was at this party where this girl (prolly 25 years old) had brought her gandmother with her.. White hair and all (Prolly 70 yrs old).. The girl would take a hit off the crack pipe and then put her mouth over her grandmothers mouth and then exhale the crack smoke into grandmas lungs... I never went back to that place.. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-31-2018, 04:27 PM
Sounds like a party