PDA

View Full Version : Domino's Pizza unveils U.S. infrastructure project filling potholes

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Aarthi Swaminathan, Finance Writer - Yahoo Finance

https://i.imgur.com/PDAAYms.jpg

Domino’s Pizza is filling in potholes in towns across the U.S. with a new ‘”Paving for Pizza” initiative. The American pizza chain announced on Monday that it will help “smooth the ride home” for deliveries by making pothole repairs in towns nominated by their customers.

Domino’s is offering to fill ‘cracks, bumps and potholes’ to smooth road conditions. The initiative is aimed at ‘saving pizza.’ Picture courtesy of Domino’s Pizza.”Have you ever hit a pothole and instantly cringed?” Russell Weiner, president of Domino’s USA explains, stated in a press release. “We know that feeling is heightened when you’re bringing home a carryout order from your local Domino’s store. We don’t want to lose any great-tasting pizza to a pothole, ruining a wonderful meal.”

https://i.imgur.com/FcwLPdll.png

Domino’s has already been working with four municipalities to help repair potholes on roads, including Bartonville, Texas, Milford, Delaware, Athens, Georgia, and Burbank, California.

In Milford, Domino’s says it helped fix 40 potholes on 10 roads in 10 hours with four crew members.

“Facing an already harsher winter than usual for Delaware, this is an opportunity to get additional money to stretch our city’s limited resources,” said Eric Norenberg, city manager of the town, on the website.

https://i.imgur.com/idvxUqql.png

Domino’s customers can nominate their town for pothole repairs on the Paving for Pizza website, and if selected, their city will “receive funds to help repair roads so pizzas make it home safely.”

DemonGeminiX
06-12-2018, 11:40 AM
That's cool and all, but their pizza still sucks.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-12-2018, 03:31 PM
Brilliant marketing

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Brilliant marketing

No doubt, especially painting their logo on the filled potholes :lol:

But you wait, one of these cities will complain that Domino's is stealing (unionized) city jobs by doing this, even though the city isn't paying a dime for Domino's to do this :roll:

Muddy
06-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Their garlic knots and butter sauce is sinful...

PorkChopSandwiches
06-12-2018, 03:38 PM
No doubt, especially painting their logo on the filled potholes :lol:

But you wait, one of these cities will complain that Domino's is stealing (unionized) city jobs by doing this, even though the city isn't paying a dime for Domino's to do this :roll:

They are also not fixing the potholes themselves :facepalm: LA is terrible, I thought my wheel was going to fly off the other day when I hit one

Teh One Who Knocks
06-12-2018, 03:44 PM
They are also not fixing the potholes themselves :facepalm: LA is terrible, I thought my wheel was going to fly off the other day when I hit one

It's awful in Denver too. The roads always seem to be under some kind of construction here, but there are fucking potholes everywhere, and some are fucking dangerous. There is one on the fucking highway that I take everyday coming into work. It's a 65 mph zone and if you don't know that pothole is there, you will either fuck up your vehicle or hit it wrong and lose control.

Pony
06-12-2018, 10:40 PM
That's cool and all, but their pizza still sucks.

At least they are finding a better use for the tooth chipping dough they use.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-13-2018, 10:30 AM
Bunch of haters in here [-(

At least around here, Domino's would be my 2nd choice of the 'Big 3' pizza places. The worst by far and away is Pizza Slut.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-13-2018, 03:30 PM
Dominos is my last choice for fast food pizza. I would do Papa Johns, Little Ceasers, Pizza Hut, then Dominoes

deebakes
06-14-2018, 12:26 AM
good work domino's :tup: