PDA

View Full Version : 9 juveniles among 45 people shot over the weekend in Chicago

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2018, 11:37 AM
Madeline Buckley - Chicago Tribune

https://i.imgur.com/hB7NCF5.jpg

At least 45 people were shot in gun attacks in Chicago over the weekend, including nine children 16 years and younger.

From Friday afternoon to early Monday morning, 7 people were killed and another 38 were wounded, including three children and one adult who were shot in Lawndale on Friday night.

As of Friday, at least 1,629 people have been shot in the city this year, fewer than the last two years at this time when violence hit record levels in the city but well above other recent years. There have been at least 294 homicides, according to Tribune data.

The children were standing with a group in the 1100 block of South Troy Street when someone fired into a crowd, Chicago police said.

A 12-year-old boy shot in the head was in critical condition, a 10-year-old girl shot in the shoulder was in good condition and an 11-year-old boy shot in the right ankle was in good condition at Stroger Hospital.

Early Monday morning, a 16-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy were injured in separate shootings on the South and West sides, respectively. Early Sunday morning, a 16-year-old boy was wounded in a shooting on the West Side, and a 15-year-old boy was wounded in a South Side shooting later that afternoon.

On Friday and Saturday, a 15-year-old boy and a 13-year-old boy were injured in shootings.

In the weekend’s most recent homicide, a 57-year-old man was shot in the armpit after four males tried to force the man into his residence in the 4100 block of West Potomac Avenue, police said.

He died at Mount Sinai Hospital.

RBP
07-31-2018, 01:12 PM
I just don't know. The cops are handcuffed.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2018, 03:46 PM
Yet there's no outcry at all about this. But let one white person shoot people...

RBP
08-01-2018, 01:50 AM
Yet there's no outcry at all about this. But let one white person shoot people...

I know. It's baffling. There is some outcry, e.g. protesters shut down the Dan Ryan recently. But my problem with it is the blame is all external. There's no self-examination to fix the problem from within.

The Monk
08-01-2018, 02:32 AM
https://youtu.be/rgq3ZfCuRYo

:duh:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2018, 11:41 AM
I know. It's baffling. There is some outcry, e.g. protesters shut down the Dan Ryan recently. But my problem with it is the blame is all external. There's no self-examination to fix the problem from within.

Yeah, but that's local outrage. This stuff barely, if ever, makes the national news. Same with every shooting where a white person isn't involved. If it's bad enough it will have a story run on it but it's completely gone by the next news cycle. Yet one white person does it and it's in the news ad nauseum with wild conjectures and accusations and presumptions before any real facts are available.

RBP
08-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Yeah, but that's local outrage. This stuff barely, if ever, makes the national news. Same with every shooting where a white person isn't involved. If it's bad enough it will have a story run on it but it's completely gone by the next news cycle. Yet one white person does it and it's in the news ad nauseum with wild conjectures and accusations and presumptions before any real facts are available.

Doesn't fit the narrative.

Although Trump talks about it...

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Doesn't fit the narrative.

Although Trump talks about it...

:triggered:

RBP
08-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Yeah, good point.