PDA

View Full Version : We’ve Reached Peak Snowflake: France Pushes To Criminalize Catcalling

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2018, 11:37 AM
Virginia Kruta - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/DZ2zuCa.jpg

An overnight parliamentary session in Paris has green-lighted a bill that would criminalize catcalls and wolf whistles, regardless of the genders of the people involved. The bill was passed by the French National Assembly and will go to the senate for consideration.

If the bill makes it through the senate, those caught engaging in “aggressively lecherous street harassment” will be fined on the spot; fines will range from €90 to €750 ($105 to $877). What constitutes harassment is loosely defined in the bill as any behavior that “infringes the freedom of movement of women in public spaces and undermines self-esteem and the right to security.”

Marlene Schiappa, France’s junior minister for gender equality, said that the bill’s intent is to target repeat offenders. “We know very well at what point we start feeling intimidated, unsafe or harassed in the street … For instance, it’s following a woman through several blocks or asking for her phone number 15 straight times.”

The move to criminalize such behavior began with a social media campaign, #balancetonporc (“expose your pig”), which inspired women to fight back by publicly shaming the men who harassed them on the street.

Over 100 women who opposed the bill — including a number of doctors, artists, and sex experts — signed off on a letter earlier this year that was published by Le Monde.

“Rape is a crime,” the women wrote. “Insistently or awkwardly hitting on someone is not.” The signatories also defended “a freedom to importune, which is indispensable to sexual freedom.”

French President Emmanuel Macron appears to support the bill, saying that it is meant to ensure that “women are not afraid to be outside.”

Goofy
08-03-2018, 12:22 PM
Get yer tits oot for the boys!!

Teh One Who Knocks
08-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Get yer tits oot for the boys!!

:rapeculture:

Goofy
08-03-2018, 12:33 PM
:motorboat:

RBP
08-03-2018, 01:25 PM
An overnight parliamentary session in Paris has green-lighted a bill that would criminalize catcalls and wolf whistles, regardless of the genders of the people involved. The bill was passed by the French National Assembly and will go to the senate for consideration.

If the bill makes it through the senate, those caught engaging in “aggressively lecherous street harassment” will be fined on the spot; fines will range from €90 to €750 ($105 to $877). What constitutes harassment is loosely defined in the bill as any behavior that “infringes the freedom of movement of women in public spaces and undermines self-esteem and the right to security.”

Marlene Schiappa, France’s junior minister for gender equality, said that the bill’s intent is to target repeat offenders. “We know very well at what point we start feeling intimidated, unsafe or harassed in the street … For instance, it’s following a woman through several blocks or asking for her phone number 15 straight times.”

The move to criminalize such behavior began with a social media campaign, #balancetonporc (“expose your pig”), which inspired women to fight back by publicly shaming the men who harassed them on the street.

Over 100 women who opposed the bill — including a number of doctors, artists, and sex experts — signed off on a letter earlier this year that was published by Le Monde.

“Rape is a crime,” the women wrote. “Insistently or awkwardly hitting on someone is not.” The signatories also defended “a freedom to importune, which is indispensable to sexual freedom.”

French President Emmanuel Macron appears to support the bill, saying that it is meant to ensure that “women are not afraid to be outside.”

Gender neutral, you say?

Hugh_Janus
08-04-2018, 04:16 PM
years ago, I was walking with an ex and there were a couple of guys started catcalling her, she felt uncomfortable, so I started catcalling them.... it was strange how quickly it went from being funny and "just having a laugh" when they were doing it to "fuck off you gay cunt" when I was doing it :lol:

Griffin
08-04-2018, 08:09 PM
years ago, I was walking with an ex and there were a couple of guys started catcalling her, she felt uncomfortable, so I started catcalling them.... it was strange how quickly it went from being funny and "just having a laugh" when they were doing it to "fuck off you gay cunt" when I was doing it :lol:

I've heard that is why women like gay men as friends, just having a "male" with makes them feel safe.

...you sir (madam, or whichever gender designation you prefer) are a foundation. Carry on you protector of the frail sexes.:thumbsup:

lost in melb.
08-05-2018, 02:04 AM

It's not that clear cut is it?..problem is some women like sexual attention, others clearly don't. What's a guy to do :dunno:

RBP
08-05-2018, 04:46 AM
It's not that clear cut is it?..problem is some women like sexual attention, others clearly don't. What's a guy to do :dunno:

Yes. Because if she's seeking attention and you say nothing, you're a heartless prick.

Hugh_Janus
08-05-2018, 05:58 PM
I've heard that is why women like gay men as friends, just having a "male" with makes them feel safe.

...you sir (madam, or whichever gender designation you prefer) are a foundation. Carry on you protector of the frail sexes.:thumbsup:
the fuck?

well, it is pretty clear cut, if you don't like it being done to you, then don't do it to other people :shrug: I bet 99.9% of catcallers would find it "offensive" or feel uncomfortable or get all arsey or violent if a bloke was catcalling them

Yes. Because if she's seeking attention and you say nothing, you're a heartless prick.
and if you are seeking her attention and she ignores you, she's a bitch