PDA

View Full Version : New spray for laundry-averse millennials makes dirty clothes smell fresh

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2018, 10:13 AM
By John Lucas | The Sun

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/7271/osQouV.jpg

A spray has been developed that makes dirty clothes smell fresh and appear crease-free — as millennials can’t be bothered to wash or hang them.

About 60 percent of 22 to 37-year-olds say they are too tired to do the washing. They also avoid it because they say it damages clothes or is bad for the environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pZK_USre84

Instead, they dump clothes in a pile and wear them again.

Unilever’s new Day 2 aerosol spray uses fabric-stiffening molecules and has different versions for delicates and denims.
Marketing head Nathan Olivieri said: “Ensuring their denim is as pristine as possible is a high-pride point for a lot of millennials.”

Other consumer product giants such as Procte & Gamble are also looking to profit from new ways of doing the laundry.
Unilever’s detergent Skip has partnered with the Cowash app to connect people with neighbors willing to wash and iron for a fee.

Cowash said about 80 percent of its customers have washing machines but use the service to avoid ironing.

And an app has been launched to set up busy workers with people willing to wash and iron their clothes for a fee.

Muddy
09-10-2018, 01:14 PM
I just shat me britches. Pass the day2, Guvna..

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2018, 01:18 PM
About 60 percent of 22 to 37-year-olds say they are too tired to do the washing.

:-s

How much energy does it take to put clothes in the washer? It's basically throw them in and forget about it until you need to switch them to the dryer. :facepalm:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-10-2018, 03:44 PM
I know I hated when people would say "kids these days" but.....kids these days

deebakes
09-11-2018, 12:25 AM
:ffs:

Godfather
09-11-2018, 03:16 AM
I’ll just say that a lot of my friends with decent jobs in Van can’t afford to rent or buy places with in-suite Landry. My bro and best buddy both come over and use our machine occasionally. Obviously I think this product is gross, lazy to an extreme, and probably still leaves you smelling like B.O.... but just playing devil’s advocate here as to what I think might be a factor. My bros older, very modest building outside of downtown is $2,200 for a 2 bedroom and the shared laundry is $3 per wash and $3 per dry., and he works outside meaning he goes through a ton of clothing. I take pity on him and let him use our machine :lol: