PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee vice principal placed on leave after blaming girls for dress code policy: report

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2018, 11:08 AM
By Louis Casiano | Fox News

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/3563/UzPX30.png

The assistant principal of a Tennessee high school was placed on administrative leave Wednesday after a video of him blaming female students for a dress code policy that prohibits athletic shorts went viral.

In a video produced by journalism students and posted to the Soddy-Daisy High School YouTube page, Jared Hensley, the vice principal and athletic director, said "girls ruin everything" while explaing the athletic shorts ban, the Chattanooga Times Free Press reported.

"If you really want someone to blame, blame the girls,” Hensley said. “Because they pretty much ruin everything. They ruin the dress code, they ruin...well, ask Adam. Look at Eve. That's really all you really gotta get to, OK. You can really go back to the beginning of time. So, it'll be like that the rest of your life. Get used to it, keep your mouth shut, suck it up [and] follow the rules."

The video angered many parents and has since been taken down from the school's YouTube page along with every other video posted to it, WTVC reported.

Hensley’s comments brought rebuke from school officials.

"We find the comments about young women in this video inexcusable, as the sentiments expressed do not align with the values of Hamilton County Schools,” Superintendent Bryan Johnson said in a statement. “The situation is under investigation, and this employee has been placed on administrative leave effective immediately.

Fox News reached out to Hensley early Thursday and did not immediately receive comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S38XV7E_bgQ

Johnson added that the district holds “employees and our leaders to a high standard, and these comments do not match the high expectations we have for our employees.”

The Chattanooga Moms for Social Justice, an activist group, shared the video in hopes to bring attention to Hensley’s comments.

"I have no doubt that Mr. Hensley will claim he was joking," said Taylor Lyons, one of the co-founders of the group. "However, given the current social climate, his comments are insensitive at best and wildly inappropriate at worst. To suggest that 'girls are responsible for ruining everything since the beginning of time and will continue to do so' is completely unacceptable and he needs to apologize."

Others said they were “disgusted” and “flabbergasted when they saw the video, the newspaper reported.

Hensley wasn’t without his defenders.

"There's a lot going on right now to be worried about this in Soddy-Daisy,” said Rhonda Thurman, a Soddy-Daisy school board representative. “I'm having a real hard time getting upset about this. I'm not worried about that right now. He meant absolutely no harm by this.”

RBP
09-27-2018, 12:58 PM
A student video intended to be silly. Lighten up people.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2018, 12:59 PM
A student video intended to be silly. Lighten up people.

But he's not wrong :lol:

RBP
09-27-2018, 01:16 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2018, 01:21 PM
It's true though, how often do you hear stories about high school boys fighting the dress code because they want to dress like male whores? It's always girls whining because they should be able to show as much skin as they want because it's their 'right' even though it's in school during school hours.

RBP
09-27-2018, 01:31 PM
It's true though, how often do you hear stories about high school boys fighting the dress code because they want to dress like male whores? It's always girls whining because they should be able to show as much skin as they want because it's their 'right' even though it's in school during school hours.

They dress to get attention, then blame the boys when they get attention. The new part to this, in my mind, is the parents defending them.

Godfather
09-27-2018, 02:41 PM
Wow, saw this video on reddit the other day and thought this guy is kinda goofy and funny. I bet the students love this guy. Absolutely ridiculous. Nobody can take a joke anyone... you know, unless it’s about white males...

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2018, 02:59 PM
Wow, saw this video on reddit the other day and thought this guy is kinda goofy and funny. I bet the students love this guy. Absolutely ridiculous. Nobody can take a joke anyone... you know, unless it’s about white males...

:privilege: