PDA

View Full Version : Contractor accused of threatening family: 'I'm all done being a nice guy"

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Claire Metz - WESH 2 Orlando

https://i.imgur.com/dA4t0Gz.png

FLAGLER COUNTY, Fla. —

A Flagler County man is accused of threatening the lives of a family who owns a business that the suspect contracted with for some work.

The suspect allegedly described various scenarios, under which the family could be hurt, or worse.

Sheriff's investigators said the suspect demanded a full refund from the victims through their family's home remodeling business. Investigators said the suspect got only a partial refund because some of the work was completed.

That allegedly set him off.

Sheriff Rick Staly said this isn't the first time Mark Klos, 72, has threatened people he's hired to do work for him, but the sheriff said Klos took it to a new level when he sent an email to the owners of the business, threatening them and their children. According to documents, Klos wrote, "Imagine yourself being attached to a time bomb which can be triggered at any given moment. Or imagine your daughter having to spend the rest of her life wearing a veil to conceal the horrific scars caused by the acid burn to her face."

Staly said it's the second time Klos has threatened this family, and that he's previously made threats against the owners of another local business.

Court officials said Klos refused to leave his jail cell for his first appearance, but the judge said the email was certainly cause for concern. Klos allegedly went on to write, "Your family has never encountered anyone like myself. I'm all done being a nice guy."

The victims did not want to go on camera, but through an attorney in the courtroom, they spoke about how frightened they are of the suspect and asked that he be ordered to stay away from them and the judge obliged, setting the bail at $50,000.

DemonGeminiX
10-01-2018, 11:47 AM
A 72 year old guy? Take an aluminum baseball bat to his knees. Hell, you probably wouldn't even have to go that far. You could probably just blow on him and he'd fall and break his hip.