PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton: Democrats 'cannot be civil' with Republicans anymore

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2018, 10:50 AM
By Alex Pappas | Fox News

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/6950/YYoZxR.jpg

Hillary Clinton, in a television interview Tuesday, rejected the idea that Democrats should be “civil” with Republicans in the age of Donald Trump, embracing a more confrontational and aggressive political approach.

“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” Clinton said.

Speaking to CNN’s Christiane Amanpour, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee said, “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.”
Whoops! We couldn't access this Tweet.

Clinton’s comments come amid escalating attacks against Republican lawmakers and Trump administration officials by left-wing activists.

Republican Sen. Cory Gardner, R-Colo., said Sunday his wife had received a graphic text message with a video depicting a beheading, after Gardner voted to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. Before and after the vote, thousands of demonstrators stormed the halls of Congress and steps of the Supreme Court to protest Kavanaugh.

Last week, Democratic intern Jackson Cosko, who recently worked as an unpaid intern for Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, also was arrested for posting the personal information of Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Orrin Hatch, R-Utah on Wikipedia -- including their home addresses.

During the Kavanaugh battle, two female activists cornered Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., in an elevator and screamed at him, with one of them repeatedly demanding he look at her as she accused him of suggesting her own sexual assault “doesn’t matter.”

And days earlier, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and his wife Heidi were hounded out of a restaurant by protesters peppering the senator with questions about Kavanaugh and chanting “we believe survivors” and “cancel Kavanaugh.”

The tactic of hounding lawmakers and Trump officials out of restaurants became more prevalent in June, when White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen were driven out of restaurants amid the backlash over the separation of illegal immigrant families at the border.

Such confrontations were encouraged by Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., who days later called on supporters to confront Trump officials in public spaces.

“If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere,” she told a crowd.

This week, Republicans have been pushing back against such tactics. Some have pointed to the shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., at a Republican baseball practice last year as a reminder of how heated rhetoric can lead to much worse.

Kelley Paul, the wife of Sen. Rand Paul, revealed that she now keeps a loaded gun by her bed after her family has “experienced violence and threats of violence at a horrifying level.”

RBP
10-10-2018, 11:10 AM
This mob mentality is getting out of hand.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-10-2018, 03:33 PM
So is she also calling for violence now :facepalm: Good thing our side owns all the guns

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2018, 03:51 PM
http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/6614/txgNoT.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
10-10-2018, 04:00 PM
https://i.redd.it/b1973yvs0cr11.jpg

DemonGeminiX
10-10-2018, 04:53 PM
So you guys understand why I'm concerned with obtaining more guns, right?

Griffin
10-10-2018, 07:13 PM
By Alex Pappas | Fox News
“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” Clinton said.

:potkettle:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-10-2018, 07:15 PM
So you guys understand why I'm concerned with obtaining more guns, right?

I have enough to arm my whole family 3-4 times ;)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-11-2018, 10:30 AM
By Gregg Re | Fox News

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/6416/9J5z3N.jpg

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's incendiary suggestion this week that liberals "cannot be civil" with Republicans any longer is unproductive and simply "ridiculous," a top Democratic senator said Wednesday.

The stark repudiation of Clinton's comments by Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D., a vulnerable red-state Democrat seeking re-election this year, comes as Republicans have lined up in recent days to criticize Democrats' fiery rhetoric amid the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” Clinton told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour on Tuesday. “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.”

Heitkamp, whose "no" vote on Kavanaugh seemingly caused her already-wavering popularity to plummet in North Dakota, minced no words in response Wednesday night.

"That's ridiculous," Heitkamp said on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360." "I mean, I can't imagine how you get anything done if you don't bring civility back into politics, and that goes for both sides."

"I hope that we can find common ground in this country that sexual assault is more prominent than people thought it was," Heitkamp continued.

Fox News' polling shows Republican challenger Kevin Cramer now leading Heitkamp by 12 points (53 percent to 41 percent). Last month, before Heitkamp voiced her reluctance to support Kavanaugh, he was up by only 4 points.

“That spectacle proved to be perhaps the greatest political gift I’ve been given in a very long time,” Cramer said. Heitkamp has said she was leaning toward voting for Kavanaugh until she re-watched his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee last month with the sound off, and analyzed his "body language."

President Trump enjoys a 64 percent approval rating in North Dakota, but part of the Democratic plan to keep Heitkamp’s seat is to exploit uncertainty over agricultural tariffs favored by the White House. Republicans are looking to take the seat to expand their narrow 51-49 majority in the Senate.
Senior Republican strategists and politicians lined up to echo Heitkamp's sentiment on civility this week, which could help her regain some standing among conservatives with less than a month before November's midterm elections.

Speaking on "Fox & Friends," White House adviser Kellyanne Conway called Clinton's comments "dangerous."
Protests outside the Supreme Court on Tuesday, the first day Kavanaugh publicly sat on the bench for oral arguments, were relatively sparse. On Saturday, when Kavanaugh was formally sworn in, demonstrators outside banged on the Supreme Court's doors and attempted to claw their way inside.

Hundreds of protesters have been arrested by Capitol Police in the past three weeks, with some briefly staying in jail. Kavanaugh, his family, his accusers and lawmakers all received death threats.

Meanwhile, Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul, who last year was beaten in his yard and shot at while participating in a GOP congressional baseball practice, blamed Democrats for potentially inciting violence.

"I fear that there's going to be an assassination," Paul told a Kentucky radio show on Tuesday. "I really worry that somebody is going to be killed, and that those who are ratcheting up the conversation ... they have to realize they bear some responsibility if this elevates to violence."

He continued: "When I was at the ballfield and Steve Scalise was nearly killed, the guy shooting up the ballfield, and shooting I think five or six people, he was yelling, 'This is for health care.' ... When I was attacked in my yard and had six of my ribs broken, and pneumonia, lung contusion, all that -- these are people that are unstable, we don't want to encourage them."

Paul specifically called out Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., for saying this summer that his supporters should "get up in the face of some congresspeople." President Trump and other Republicans have also criticized Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., for urging protesters to harass Trump administration officials in public, with Trump calling Waters an unusually "low IQ" individual who represents the new face of the Democratic party.

There are signs that Republicans are being targeted with increasing frequency in recent days. Republican Sen. Cory Gardner, R-Colo., revealed to Fox News on Sunday that his wife had received a graphic text message with a video depicting a beheading, and that someone has publicly posted the names and addresses of his family members.

The apparent intimidation efforts follow reports from Capitol Police that the Democratic congressional aide accused of publishing the private information (known as "doxxing") of at least three Republican lawmakers last month also allegedly threatened to leak senators’ children's health information if a witness told anyone about his activities.

Jackson Cosko, who recently worked for Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, was arrested for allegedly doxxing Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, and Mike Lee and Orrin Hatch, both of Utah, on Wikipedia -- with information such as their home addresses and phone numbers. Graham, Lee and Hatch's information was published in September.

lost in melb.
10-11-2018, 12:24 PM
In fairness, Republicans played dirty when they were opposition, too...

Teh One Who Knocks
10-11-2018, 12:25 PM
In fairness, Republicans played dirty when they were opposition, too...

Republicans NEVER openly appealed to people to be violent towards democrats and/or liberals. Never.

lost in melb.
10-11-2018, 12:35 PM
Republicans NEVER openly appealed to people to be violent towards democrats and/or liberals. Never.

Let's not go there :hand:

Trump has suggested stuff in his earlier rallies. No need to incite anything when you're in power...Go to Facebook pages, etc or anywhere anonymous and you'll see nasty stuff on both sides.

Having said that I don't know of any open incitement to violence by officials within the Democrat or Republican parties.

lost in melb.
10-11-2018, 12:37 PM
I don't know how you got into violence anyhow. Not what the articles about :)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Let's not go there :hand:

Trump has suggested stuff in his earlier rallies. No need to incite anything when you're in power...Go to Facebook pages, etc or anywhere anonymous and you'll see nasty stuff on both sides.

Having said that I don't know of any open incitement to violence by officials within the Democrat or Republican parties.

You go ahead and find an actual quote, not some conjecture from some far left site, but an actual quote where Trump told supporters to go out and be violent against liberals. And not something abstract that some 'pundit' has interpreted, something where he directly calls for violence like the democrats and the media are doing now.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-11-2018, 01:18 PM
I don't know how you got into violence anyhow. Not what the articles about :)

Uh huh, she's calling for a talk over tea and crumpets :rolleyes:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-11-2018, 01:20 PM
By John Nolte - Breitbart

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/2669/Iu2ULT.png

The far-left CNN spent much of Tuesday defending mob action against Republicans as a “Constitutional right” and as fearless acts of free speech.

On her low-rated afternoon show, CNN’s Brooke Baldwin mocked both of her guests as they described the left-wing activists who chased Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and his wife out of a DC restaurant last month as a “mob.”

“Oh, you’re not going to use the mob word here,” Baldwin moaned after the Daily Caller’s Matt Lewis brought up the mob that harassed Cruz and his wife.

“A mob is what we saw in Charlottesville, Virginia, two Augusts ago. A mob is not what we saw chasing — I’m not saying what they did was right.” Baldwin argued.

When asked what she would call the people banging on the Supreme Court walls, Baldwin refused to answer. She just mocked her guests by shaking her head and covering her eyes before moving on to another subject.
Later, during his last-place evening show, far-left activist Don Lemon went even further in defending mob action against the political right by framing it as free speech.

Again the guest was Lewis and again the example was of Cruz and his wife being intimidated out of a restaurant.

“Don, if they started following you around a restaurant and running you out of places,” Lewis said.

Lemon interrupted, “But that doesn’t mean that people don’t get to object. That’s your right as an American to object. It’s covered in the First Amendment. It’s like the first one!”

After Lewis continued to press his case that there is a difference between free speech and harassing a man and his wife until you are able to bully them into fleeing a public restaurant, Lemon started screaming at Lewis.

Will you let me finish? Matt, please! Let me finish,” Lemon shouted.

“Bring it on. Mind if I have a drink?” Lewis asked.

“You can do whatever you want. You can leave the show if you want,” Lemon fired back.

“I’m not going to do that,” Lewis said.

“Shut up and let me do it,” Lemon snarled.

With the floor to himself, Lemon launched into a full-throated defense of mob action:

“In the Constitution, you can protest whenever and wherever you want. It doesn’t tell you that you can’t do it in a restaurant, that you can’t do it on a football field. It doesn’t tell you that you can’t do it on a cable news — you can do it wherever you want.”

“To call people mobs because they are exercising their constitutional right is just beyond the pale,” Lemon said before cutting to a commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k8P0-L0kMk

This was not the first time Lemon has defended mobs harassing Cruz and his wife.

CNN’s history of dismissing, inciting, downplaying, or outright advocating in favor of political violence against Republicans and conservatives is a long and sordid one.

The anti-Trump outlet has openly called for race riots, frequently defends and even championing the left-wing terror group Antifa… And here is a list of more examples, though far from an exhaustive one:

To turn the Trayvon Martin story into a black vs. white narrative, CNN falsely identified George Zimmerman (the man who shot and killed Martin in self-defense) as white. Zimmerman is Hispanic.
CNN fabricated evidence against Zimmerman with the false claim he used a racial slur while calling 9-1-1.
CNN’s Jake Tapper stood in the middle of the Ferguson, Missouri, tinderbox and poured gasoline all over it with a hysterical anti-police rant.
Just after the riots in Ferguson finally ceased, to gin things back up, CNN released unverified audio of what they claimed was the shooting of Michael Brown. The audio has still not been verified and there is one gunshot missing.
No other news outlets pushed the incendiary Ferguson lie about “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” more than CNN.
CNN’s Chris Cuomo, Marc Lamont Hill, and Miguel Martinez, openly attacked and sewed seeds of mistrust against those police officers trying to bring calm to Baltimore.
CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin suggested Baltimore cops were staffed with unstable war veterans.
CNN attempted to turn the man who tried to assault then-candidate Donald Trump into a folk hero.
CNN regularly encourages the idea that Trump is another George Wallace (who was shot in an assassination attempt); that violence against Trump and his supporters is legitimate and Trump’s fault; that he is mentally unstable — or in the words of Jake Tapper “unmoored, unhinged, and un-American.”
CNN compares Trump to Hitler; claims that he is Putin’s Manchurian candidate; that he is an illegitimate president; and then after presenting the president as a unique threat and danger to the country, CNN points what looks like a sniper scopeat Trump’s Oval Office window.

CNN also threatens to doxx its critics, openly harasses everyday Trump supporters, and puts Trump in literal crosshairs.

As of this writing, Breitbart News has documented over 580 individual acts of violence, harassment, and vandalism, against the political right in just under three years.

CNN is seen by many as one of the prime instigators and defenders of this reign of domestic terror.

Despite CNN’s extremist behavior and tabloid approach to news coverage, the cable channel continues to shed viewers and earn dismal ratings that put it in last place by a wide margin.

RBP
10-11-2018, 01:30 PM
“In the Constitution, you can protest whenever and wherever you want. It doesn’t tell you that you can’t do it in a restaurant, that you can’t do it on a football field. It doesn’t tell you that you can’t do it on a cable news — you can do it wherever you want.”

:lol: That's not even remotely correct. Wow.

DemonGeminiX
10-11-2018, 01:32 PM
:facepalm: