PDA

View Full Version : Biological Male Wins World Championship In Women’s Cycling

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Peter Hasson - The Daily Caller

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/921/XIDRyB.png

A biological male who identifies as a transgender woman won a women’s world championship cycling event on Sunday.

Rachel McKinnon, a professor at the College of Charleston, won the women’s sprint 35-39 age bracket at the 2018 UCI Masters Track Cycling World Championships in Los Angeles.

McKinnon, representing Canada, bested Carolien Van Herrikhuyzen of the Netherlands and American cyclist Jennifer Wagner to take home the gold.

McKinnon celebrated the victory on Twitter, writing: “First transgender woman world champion…ever.”

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/167/FXcI6V.jpg

Allowing biological males who identify as transgender women to compete in women’s athletic events has been a controversial subject, as critics have argued that it puts the female competitors at an inherent disadvantage.

McKinnon did not immediately return an email seeking comment for this article.

McKinnon in January was quoted in USA Today arguing against requiring biological males to suppress testosterone as a requirement for competing against women.

“We cannot have a woman legally recognized as a trans woman in society, and not be recognized that way in sports,” McKinnon told USA Today.

“Focusing on performance advantage is largely irrelevant because this is a rights issue. We shouldn’t be worried about trans people taking over the Olympics. We should be worried about their fairness and human rights instead.”

McKinnon also compared restrictions on biological males competing in women’s events to racial segregation.

“This is bigger than sports, and it’s about human rights,” McKinnon said to USA Today.

“By catering to cisgender people’s views, that furthers transgender people’s oppression. When it comes to extending rights to a minority population, why would we ask the majority? I bet a lot of white people were pissed off when we desegregated sports racially and allowed black people. But they had to deal with it.”

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2018, 02:18 PM
McKinnon in January was quoted in USA Today arguing against requiring biological males to suppress testosterone as a requirement for competing against women.

“We cannot have a woman legally recognized as a trans woman in society, and not be recognized that way in sports,” McKinnon told USA Today.

“Focusing on performance advantage is largely irrelevant because this is a rights issue. We shouldn’t be worried about trans people taking over the Olympics. We should be worried about their fairness and human rights instead.”

:|

RBP
10-15-2018, 02:24 PM
Just eliminate all gender-based categories. You want equality, then compete. I especially look forward to boxing and MMA.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2018, 02:31 PM
Just eliminate all gender-based categories. You want equality, then compete. I especially look forward to boxing and MMA.

There are very few (if any) sports/athletic events that come to mind where a woman would have a clear advantage over a man when you think about it.

Muddy
10-15-2018, 02:38 PM
See I dont think this is fair at all..

RBP
10-15-2018, 02:43 PM
There are very few (if any) sports/athletic events that come to mind where a woman would have a clear advantage over a man when you think about it.

And? Equality is a human rights issue that should be the priority. The chick with a dick said so herself.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2018, 03:17 PM
See I dont think this is fair at all..

:hand:

"By catering to cisgender people’s views, that furthers transgender people’s oppression"

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2018, 03:18 PM
And? Equality is a human rights issue that should be the priority. The chick with a dick said so herself.

I know, I was agreeing with you :slap:

RBP
10-15-2018, 03:23 PM
I know, I was agreeing with you :slap:

No you weren't, cishet scum. :x

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2018, 03:48 PM
No you weren't, cishet scum. :x

:snapout:

RBP
10-15-2018, 03:49 PM
:snapout:

Typical toxic cishet male, responding with violence. :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2018, 03:51 PM
When I used to go out drinking with the guys on the weekends, we had one common friend who had a bit of a chauvinist streak in him. :lol: He used to like to argue about women v men when it came to athletics and there would always be some chick at another table that would overhear and get all upset and have to jump in. And this was like 15 years ago or so, back before the whole militant feminism thing really became mainstream. The biggest argument he got into with a girl when we were out was when he told her that any 5A (the big high school division in Colorado) boys basketball team would beat the women's US Olympic team. And not just beat them, but crush them handily. This chick got PISSED. It was hilarious. :lol:

RBP
10-15-2018, 03:53 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2018, 03:55 PM
I don't think he was far from wrong though. I don't believe the women's team would get crushed, but I think that say the championship winning boy's high school team would have more than a punchers chance at beating the women. Even i high school, the boys are way more athletic, faster, and have an equal skill set to the women when it comes to the fundamentals of the game.

Griffin
10-15-2018, 04:02 PM
I can't see a guy excelling at girls beach volleyball.

Pony
10-15-2018, 04:24 PM
McKinnon also compared restrictions on biological males competing in women’s events to racial segregation.

“This is bigger than sports, and it’s about human rights,” McKinnon said to USA Today.

“By catering to cisgender people’s views, that furthers transgender people’s oppression. When it comes to extending rights to a minority population, why would we ask the majority? I bet a lot of white people were pissed off when we desegregated sports racially and allowed black people. But they had to deal with it.”

Desegregating sports didn't give an unfair advantage to anyone. The whole reason steroids/testosterone supplements are banned in sports is it gives the cheaters an edge.

Pony
10-15-2018, 04:28 PM

https://i.imgur.com/w6PgRfp.jpg

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2018, 05:06 PM

They'd excel, it's just that nobody would watch. Nobody would want to see anything like what Pony posted in that spoiler above.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2018, 12:31 PM
Peter Hasson - The Daily Caller

A woman who lost a world-championship cycling race to a biological male who identified as a transgender woman criticized the result as unfair.

Jennifer Wagner said it was “definitely NOT fair” that she was forced to compete against Rachel McKinnon, the male cyclist, in the women’s event.

McKinnon, representing Canada, won the women’s sprint 35-39 age bracket at the 2018 UCI Masters Track Cycling World Championships in Los Angeles on Sunday.

Wagner, a Houston-area doctor, took third place behind McKinnon and Dutch cyclist Carolien van Herrikhuyzen.

“I was the 3rd place rider. It’s definitely NOT fair,” Wagner wrote on Twitter Monday in response to a comment about the race.

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/3296/F84vcS.jpg

Allowing biological males who identify as transgender women to compete in women’s athletic events has been a contentious subject, as critics have argued that it puts the female competitors at an inherent disadvantage.

Van Herrikhuyzen, said McKinnon won an “honest race.”

“No one is a transgender to steal anyone’s medal. We had an honest race under [Union Cycliste Internationale] rules. If you compete you accept the rules, otherwise, don’t compete,” van Herrikhuyzen wrote in response to a Twitter commenter.

“I can only imagine what she had to go through in her life to be where she is now, how hard it is to fit in,” she added.

Wagner replied: “Just because it’s a CURRENT UCI rule doesn’t make it fair or right. And rules can be changed.”

McKinnon, a professor at the College of Charleston, accused Wagner of “transphobia” for her opposition to racing against men.

McKinnon also dismissed claims of an unfair advantage.

“I think there is absolutely no evidence that I have an unfair advantage,” McKinnon said in an interview with VeloNews

PorkChopSandwiches
10-17-2018, 03:40 PM

Its already here, and its a trainwreck

http://caldronpool.com/transgender-mma-fighter-breaks-female-opponents-skull-is-it-now-ok-for-a-man-to-hit-a-woman/

RBP
10-17-2018, 09:37 PM
Its already here, and its a trainwreck

http://caldronpool.com/transgender-mma-fighter-breaks-female-opponents-skull-is-it-now-ok-for-a-man-to-hit-a-woman/

Not far enough. Eliminate all gender-based sports. WNBA, gone. Female Rugby, gone. Female Olympics, gone.

Tee ball, grade school, high school, college, pro.... all of it. Start them early on the path of enlightenment and perhaps we can save the nation for the barbarians at the gate.

lost in melb.
10-18-2018, 01:36 AM
:bong: :popcorn:

RBP
10-18-2018, 01:39 AM
:bong: :popcorn:

Are there biological differences or is all gender a social construct? I'm willing to concede the latter in the name of true equality.

lost in melb.
10-18-2018, 01:59 AM
Are there biological differences or is all gender a social construct? I'm willing to concede the latter in the name of true equality.

It's weird, as coincidence I unintentionally let off a huge, smelly one just as I read this :fart3: On that basis alone, biological differences!

However, if I had the foresight to do this :fart2: social construct

RBP
10-18-2018, 02:00 AM
It's weird, as coincidence I unintentionally let off a huge, smelly one just as I read this :fart3: On that basis alone, biological differences!

However, if I had the foresight to do this :fart2: social construct

My sister has the smelliest farts imaginable. Girls are gross.

lost in melb.
10-18-2018, 02:09 AM
My sister has the smelliest farts imaginable. Girls are gross.

It's twice as gross though, when it's a girl? Social construct!

RBP
10-18-2018, 02:13 AM
It's twice as gross though, when it's a girl? Social construct!

Or girls are twice as gross. Again, concede the argument and allow open and free competition.