PDA

View Full Version : White St. Louis woman who blocked black neighbor from entering apartment building is fired

Teh One Who Knocks
10-16-2018, 10:52 AM
By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/922/XkKqo7.jpg

A white woman who was captured on video trying to block a black neighbor from entering their apartment building in Missouri has been fired.

The interaction between Hilary Brooke Mueller and D'Arreion Toles took place on Friday in St. Louis, according to The New York Times. Toles posted three videos of the encounter to his Facebook page on Sunday, writing that this is what it's like to come home and be "a Black man in America."

Mueller, as identified by The Times, is seen and heard asking Toles if he lives in the downtown luxury loft building. As Mueller seemingly blocks him from entering, Toles tells the woman: "You're blocking me, and I live here." The woman responds that it's her building.

Mueller, who can be seen walking her dog throughout the interview, asks Toles in which unit he lives and replies that she's "uncomfortable" while continuing to block him from entering.

The two continue to go back and forth, with Toles accusing the woman of touching him. "I'm not in any way doing anything outside of letting my dog go to the bathroom," Mueller is heard saying.

"Ma'am, you're not security, you're not the property manager, you're not (inaudible)," Toles tells the woman, who says, "OK, but I live here." She continually asks where his key fob is.

Eventually, Toles moves past the woman while she's heard yelling, "Are you kidding me? ... Where are you going?"

"I'm not being rude, I'm not being disrespectful. You walked into a building that I was taking my dog out, and pushed your way in," Mueller says, asking who he knows in the building before claiming that she would follow him.

Toles wrote that roughly 30 minutes after the encounter, police knocked on his door. He said Mueller called the authorities on him for entering his own apartment.

Mueller's employer, property management company Tribeca-STL, said it found the interaction "disturbing," adding that the company won't "stand for racism or racial profiling."

The confrontation is the latest in a string incident in which white people have called the police on black people for seemingly innocuous activities.

Last week in Brooklyn, New York, a white woman accused a 9-year-old black boy of sexually assaulting her in a deli, but later walked back the claim. And in Georgia, a white woman called police on a black man who was babysitting two white children.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Goofy
10-16-2018, 12:11 PM
What a bitch

RBP
10-16-2018, 12:14 PM
the latest in a string incident

Who edits these? That's terrible.

And the article doesn't even discuss her being fired.

Goofy
10-16-2018, 12:15 PM
String incidents are very serious :nono:

RBP
10-16-2018, 12:17 PM
String incidents are very serious :nono:

There's a band called The String Cheese Incident. :lol:

Muddy
10-16-2018, 12:29 PM
Her life must be destroyed and ended as she knows it.. This is a crime against the entire universe and can only be punished with her utter destruction.

RBP
10-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Her life must be destroyed and ended as she knows it.. This is a crime against the entire universe and can only be punished with her utter destruction.

Internet Justice.

Muddy
10-16-2018, 12:38 PM
The court has spoken.. :hand:

Goofy
10-16-2018, 01:39 PM
Roll back a few years and imagine it was a black man stopping a white woman from entering her own home......... he'd have been hung. Fuck her

Muddy
10-16-2018, 01:43 PM
Roll back a few years and imagine it was a black man stopping a white woman from entering her own home......... he'd have been hung. Fuck her

That's what I'm saying. Tar and feather her.. Take away her ability to earn a living.. Drive her into the streets to live..

lost in melb.
10-16-2018, 01:48 PM
Agreed, what a bitch. And a dumb one at that. If you can't tell the difference between a hobo and a tenant you're an idiot.

Griffin
10-16-2018, 01:52 PM
The way the article reads she had every right to block him. He was waiting for her to exit so he could enter a secure complex without a key fob .

Muddy
10-16-2018, 01:55 PM
The way the article reads she had every right to block him. He was entering a secure complex without a key fob as she was exiting.

I read it that way as well.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-16-2018, 01:58 PM

RBP
10-16-2018, 02:00 PM
That's what I'm saying. Tar and feather her.. Take away her ability to earn a living.. Drive her into the streets to live..

:sarcasm:

lost in melb.
10-16-2018, 02:05 PM
The way the article reads she had every right to block him. He was waiting for her to exit so he could enter a secure complex without a key fob .

Implicitly she called the police cause he's black. We'll never know.

Goofy
10-16-2018, 02:37 PM
I read it that way as well.
If that was the case then why didnt she just move outside and close the door - then she'd know if he stayed there and had the key fob rather than blocking the entrance and being a cunt.

Muddy
10-16-2018, 02:50 PM
If that was the case then why didnt she just move outside and close the door - then she'd know if he stayed there and had the key fob rather than blocking the entrance and being a cunt.

Because she's a cunt? :lol:

Goofy
10-16-2018, 02:58 PM
Because she's a cunt? :lol:
We're in agreement then? :lol:

Muddy
10-16-2018, 05:18 PM
We're in agreement then? :lol:

Sort of.. I think she's a cunt, but I also think the media is exploiting this situation because she apparently thought he didnt belong in her building..

lost in melb.
10-16-2018, 05:27 PM
Sort of.. I think she's a cunt, but I also think the media is exploiting this situation because she apparently thought he didnt belong in her building..

I think it's because she called the police. They came to his door, so she must have seen him go in (presumably with a key)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-16-2018, 05:34 PM
By Tamar Lapin - The NY Post

A white woman was fired after getting caught on video blocking a black man from entering his own apartment building and then calling the cops on him, according to reports.

D’Arreion Toles returned to his downtown St. Louis, Mo., apartment building Friday night and found Hilary Brooke Mueller standing in the doorway with her dog on a leash. She refused to let him in unless he gave her proof he lived there.

“Please move, ma’am,” Toles, 24, asks in a video of the incident he posted to Facebook.

“I can. Do you live here?” responds Mueller, who became known as “Apartment Patty” as the video went viral. “I’m uncomfortable.”

“You can be uncomfortable, that’s fine,” Toles replies, declining to give his unit number. “That’s at your discretion. You’re uncomfortable because you’re you.”

The footage, which had been viewed over 6 million times as of Monday, shows the woman getting into the elevator with Toles and following him all the way to his apartment door in the Elder Shirt Lofts, asking for his name.

Mueller then called the cops, St. Louis police confirmed to local outlet KSDK.

“To be a black man in America & come home,” Toles captioned the video. “Never really thought this would happen to me, but it did! Then 30 mins later police knock on my door, because she called! I was shocked this is America in 2018!”

By Monday, Mueller’s employer, Tribeca STL, a luxury apartment company, said it decided to fire her after seeing the video.

“The Tribeca-STL family is a minority-owned company that consists of employees and residents from many racial backgrounds. We are proud of this fact and do not and never will stand for racism or racial profiling at our company,” the company said in a statement.

The incident is the latest in a long series of videos posted to social media showing white women — “BBQ Betty,” “Permit Patty,” “Cornerstore Caroline” — calling the cops on black people over seemingly mundane acts.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-16-2018, 05:34 PM
Different story above with more details.

Griffin
10-17-2018, 02:08 AM
Even his video shows him forcing his way past someone exiting without using any security measures set up to keep others out that don't have legal access.
He was already taping before she stopped him, but the smirk on her face in the elevator makes it look like the 2 were acting out a pre-arranged scenario.