PDA

View Full Version : NYC goes entire weekend with no shootings for 1st time in decades

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2018, 11:36 AM
by Aliza Chasan - PIX 11 News

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/922/2B4rK7.jpg

NEW YORK — There were no shootings in New York City on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, which makes this the first weekend in decades without reported shootings, officials said Monday.

Mayor Bill de Blasio attributed it to the NYPD’s strategy, training and continual push to get better. Shooting incidents citywide have dropped this year as compared to last year.

“Isn’t that amazing? You know, when you think about the history we came from and the challenges that had to be overcome by this NYPD, it’s absolutely extraordinary,” de Blasio said at an NYPD graduation ceremony. “But I want to emphasize, a city of 8.6 million people – not a single shooting for three days.”

This weekend’s streak started after a Thursday morning shooting in Brooklyn and ended Monday afternoon following a shooting in the Bronx.

There were 600 shootings across all five boroughs so far this year as of Oct. 7. It’s a 2 percent drop compared to the same time period in 2017.

NYPD Commissioner James O’Neill called the shooting free weekend “something all New Yorkers can be proud of.”

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2018, 11:36 AM
I wonder when the last time Chicago had a weekend without a shooting? :-k

DemonGeminiX
10-17-2018, 11:42 AM
:-k

When everybody was high as fuck and they all had bags of Cheetos on hand? That's probably what happened in NY too.

Goofy
10-17-2018, 12:28 PM
I wonder when the last time Chicago had a weekend without a shooting? :-k
Before guns were invented id assume :)