PDA

View Full Version : Reporter Thinks She Hung Up Phone, Lets GOP Senate Candidate Know What She Really Thinks About Him

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2018, 01:10 PM
By Ryan Saavedra - The Daily Wire

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/924/svISmk.jpg

Michigan Republican Senate Nominee John James received an interesting voicemail on Monday from a reporter for the Huron Daily Tribune who thought she hung up the phone after leaving his campaign a message.

Brenda Battel called James' campaign at the start of the week and left a voicemail requesting a post-election interview and then thought she hung up the phone before saying what she thought of James, according to audio obtained by The Daily Caller.

After Battel thought she hung up the phone, she said: "Man, if he beats her… Jesus! F**king John James. That would suck! Whew, I don’t think it’s going to happen though."

In a statement to The Daily Caller, campaign manager Tori Sachs said the message reflected the media's willingness to protect politicians in power.

"The liberal media can’t stand the idea of a job creator and combat veteran coming to Washington to shake up the system," Sachs said. "This happened as we closed in within the margin of error."

A couple of hours after the story came out, the Huron Daily Tribune reportedly fired Battel, according to Daily Caller reporter Henry Rodgers.
President Donald Trump has repeatedly tweeted support for James, writing today that James "can be a truly great Senator!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiFl8yr5gr0

PorkChopSandwiches
11-06-2018, 04:18 PM
:haha:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2018, 04:21 PM
And yet people still think the MSM are unbiased.

Pony
11-06-2018, 07:47 PM

It baffles me how they can truly believe that. All you have to do is look at the faces of 99 percent of the news outlets the moment it became apparent that Trump won. Bawling hysterically, everyone claiming we're all gonna die.

Godfather
11-06-2018, 07:56 PM

Aren’t Hannity, Limbaugh, Jeanine Pirro all campaigning directly for Trump too?

What happened to neutral, nonpartisan media?!

Pony
11-06-2018, 08:09 PM

It's not profitable. Ratings were tanking due to the vast amount of online content. Now it's just "shock and awe" to keep the numbers up. No matter what, everything is worst case scenario presented as "fact".

Fox news is biased right but at least they mostly keep the discussion civil when they have left wing guests. Many of the left wing sites rarely have right wing guests and when they do it's full out attack and scream over them. I saw part of a forum on MSNBC the other night, they had a panel of guest speakers to "debate" questions. Wasn't much of a debate considering all 5 guests were Trump haters.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2018, 08:14 PM
Aren’t Hannity, Limbaugh, Jeanine Pirro all campaigning directly for Trump too?

FOX News leans right, they don't pretend to hide it and deny it. And those that you mentioned are from opinion shows on FOX News. If you watch their straight up news reporting with the likes of Shepherd Smith or Bret Baier and the likes, they are pretty damn impartial.

When talking about the MSM, it's the likes of ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, and the major daily newspapers and the like, places that claim to have journalistic integrity. They can't deliver unbiased news at all, you get a political commentary on everything they say and report on. Long gone are the days of Peter Jennings and those kinds of news anchors that could deliver a news story and not mix it into some left leaning political commentary.

Godfather
11-06-2018, 08:17 PM
I think you’re trying to justify two wrongs making a right... Hannity literally campaigned in the flesh. Both that and this example above are so far passed unbiased that I don’t see a point in trying to say who is more wrong, other than to defend which team you’re on ;)

RBP
11-06-2018, 08:27 PM
I think you’re trying to justify two wrongs making a right... Hannity literally campaigned in the flesh. Both that and this example above are so far passed unbiased that I don’t see a point in trying to say who is more wrong, other than to defend which team you’re on ;)

I also try to draw a distinction between a "news" program and an "opinion program" - but I stopped watching any of it.

Godfather
11-06-2018, 08:30 PM
I also try to draw a distinction between a "news" program and an "opinion program" - but I stopped watching any of it.

Doesn’t it feel good though :lol:

I don’t even know why I’m engaging in debate, I don’t care at all, just bored at work.

My mom watches news all damn day, it clearly stresses her out and it’s all she wants to talk about... just... vote, then turn it off :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2018, 08:33 PM

You obviously didn't read what I wrote and I have no desire to get into a debate about it. What I wrote was pretty clear.

RBP
11-06-2018, 08:34 PM
Doesn’t it feel good though :lol:

I don’t even know why I’m engaging in debate, I don’t care at all, just bored at work.

My mom watches news all damn day, it clearly stresses her out and it’s all she wants to talk about... just... vote, then turn it off :lol:

Why don't you spend some time digging into the Canadian that just became the youngest head coach in the NHL for the Blackhawks. 33 years old.

Godfather
11-06-2018, 08:35 PM
You obviously didn't read what I wrote and I have no desire to get into a debate about it. What I wrote was pretty clear.

Sorry I was replying to Pony :lol: didn’t see your post, I’ll stop either way

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2018, 08:40 PM
Sorry I was replying to Pony :lol: didn’t see your post, I’ll stop either way

Nobody ever pays attention to me :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2018, 09:13 PM

You're right, you suck, loser :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2018, 09:13 PM
You're right, you suck, loser :hand:

:sad2:

DemonGeminiX
11-06-2018, 09:16 PM

[-(

Lower your prices and maybe they'll start paying.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-06-2018, 09:20 PM
[-(

Lower your prices and maybe they'll start paying.

:x

Lower this! :beatdown: