PDA

View Full Version : Masked man attacks couple with meat cleaver, wooden pole

Teh One Who Knocks
11-15-2018, 11:51 AM
by Sierra Darville - WJAC NBC 6

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/1798/WXrRU9.png

LITTLESTOWN, Pa. (WJAC) —

Home surveillance video in Adams County shows a masked man entering a home and attacking a couple with a meat cleaver and wooden pole.

Police are asking for the public's help to identify the assailant.

According to CNN affiliate WMPT, the suspect entered a home along West King Street early Monday morning. Authorities said the home belongs to Aric and Joey Maczis, of Littlestown.

"He asked for money or something and then I saw he had the meat cleaver so I jumped up to defend my family," Aric Maczis told WMPT. "He started to hit me with the cleaver.

Police told WMPT a woman entered the home with the masked man.

“He threw the pipe at her and told her to kill my wife," Aric Maczis added.

The couple had a friend with them in the home. WMPT reported the friend ran upstairs to hide from the attackers. Joey Maczis said she ran out of the house screaming for help.

“I just immediately jumped over the table to run for help because it felt like we were going to die," Joey Maczis said. “I didn’t think my husband was going to make it out."

A neighbor in the area heard the screams and immediately called 911, according to WMPT.

Police believe it was a targeted incident. WMPT reports authorities are following several leads.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Littlestown Borough Police Department at 717-359-4511 or the Adams County Crimestoppers hotline at 717-334-8057, who are offering a reward. Tips can also be submitted at accrimestoppers.com.