PDA

View Full Version : Airline agent mocked 5-year-old epileptic girl’s name, mother claims

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2018, 11:13 AM
By Matt Richardson | Fox News

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/800x600q90/924/cmCcb9.jpg

An epileptic 5-year-old girl pre-boarding a plane at California’s John Wayne airport was mocked by a Southwest Airlines agent, her mother claimed on Wednesday.

Abcde Redford – pronounced ab-city, according to her mother, Traci – had her name made fun of by the agent, who then proceeded to post a photo of the child’s boarding pass on social media, ABC 7 reported.

The mother and daughter encountered the agent while traveling to El Paso, Texas, earlier in November.

"The gate agent started laughing, pointing at me and my daughter, talking to other employees. So I turned around and said, 'Hey if I can hear you, my daughter can hear you, so I'd appreciate if you'd just stop,'" Redford told ABC 7.

"While I was sitting there, she took a picture of my boarding pass and chose to post it on social media, mocking my daughter,” Redford continued. “It was actually brought to my attention by somebody who had seen it on Facebook and reported it to Southwest Airlines. And after two weeks of doing a formal complaint, Southwest hadn't done anything."

Redford, reportedly asked about the mocking by her daughter, told the girl that “not everyone is nice and not everyone is going to be nice and it's unfortunate.”
The airline, meantime, issued a statement to ABC 7 in which it apologized.

"We extend our sincere apology to the family,” the statement read. “We take great pride in extending our Southwest Hospitality to all of our Customers, which includes living by the Golden Rule and treating every individual with respect, in person or online. The post is not indicative of the care, respect, and civility we expect from all of our Employees. We have followed up with the Employee involved, and while we do not disclose personnel actions publicly, we are using this as an opportunity to reinforce our policies and emphasize our expectations for all Employees."

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2018, 11:15 AM
(A) Not really sure why the felt the need to point out that the girl is epileptic, that has nothing to do with anything in the story and (B) Abcde – pronounced ab-city...really? :| How about parents don't give their kids stupid fucking names and they won't have to worry about them being teased for it? Now this adult was a bitch that did it, especially posting it to FB, but this kid is in for years and years of teasing all throughout school that will be a million times worse than this.

Goofy
11-29-2018, 11:26 AM
No fucking wonder....... Abcde...... really? Poor kid's gonna suffer for that until she's old enough to change her name to an actual name instead of the beginning of the alphabet :|

RBP
11-29-2018, 01:54 PM
Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

Muddy
11-29-2018, 01:55 PM
Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

And sadly this child will pay the price for its parents stupidity.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2018, 03:19 PM
I'm changing my name to Vwxyz - pronounced vwix-iz

RBP
11-29-2018, 03:32 PM
The mom should change her name to tnucdiputs, pronounce "backward-ass stupid cunt"

Hikari Kisugi
11-29-2018, 10:37 PM
When you have a retarded name, people will assume you have a retarded name as your parents were fuckwits, thus you will be mocked, everywhere, forever.
Epileptic or not.
Her epilepsy didn't give her a retarded name.

Fuckwit mother. You've crippled your child by naming her.

Muddy
11-29-2018, 11:54 PM
Preach brother!

Godfather
11-30-2018, 01:53 AM
I have no doubt in my mind that this mother was waiting and praying for 5-years for this very moment.

Griffin
11-30-2018, 02:03 AM
https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/amXK9qv_700b.jpg

perrhaps
11-30-2018, 10:13 AM
In my first life as an attorney in a small PA county, my firm handled our County's first successful adoption for a lesbian couple. They gave their daughter the first name of "ABCD", against our advice.

Amazingly, their daughter rose above all the ridicule dumped on her, and the last I heard was doing well for herself after graduating from college.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2018, 12:15 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that this mother was waiting and praying for 5-years for this very moment.

The sad thing is, you're probably right. :|

Goofy
11-30-2018, 12:30 PM
I'm changing my name to Vwxyz - pronounced vwix-iz
Ill just call you Numpty like normal :)