PDA

View Full Version : Women and men couldnt be more different could they??

Softdreamer
07-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Ive just seen this posted on a friends Facebook status

She posted
"Truth is... We hide because we want to be found... We walk away to see who follows... We cry to see who wipes away the tears... And we let our hearts be broken...to see who comes...and fixes them..."

so far it has 17 likes... all female.

[-(

I was tempted to post this, but im a coward

Truth is, us men cant be bothered with all these 'games' women play.. All you women do is bitch about how friends are wonderful, then the following week how they let you down, or are two faced.
Truth is... Us men are honest and upfront with each other. Its a system that works most of the time

Maybe Im just moody today. :mrgreen:

men and women, DISCUSS

DemonGeminiX
07-11-2011, 01:41 PM
:lol:

Post it, I triple dog dare you. Post the responses to it in here.

Softdreamer
07-11-2011, 01:45 PM

:lol:, I think i would find myself disappearing from her friends list, and unable to see the replies

DemonGeminiX
07-11-2011, 01:50 PM
DO EET!!!

:twisted:

Hal-9000
07-11-2011, 01:55 PM
soon as someone does the - I've got something really important to say but I'll never tell unless you question me game - I walk away

Jezter
07-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Post this as reply!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ7wT4CUprQ

Noilly Pratt
07-11-2011, 04:53 PM
My reply to her would be this:

Truth is...the behaviour you are describing, as a general rule, men see that as being deceitful and "playing" us. Which is the truth when you think about it.

Try a more honest approach and you might attract a more honest guy. Practice deceit, and you will get a deceitful guy who will tell you what you want to hear for a while, then leave when he tires of your game playing.

Godfather
07-11-2011, 05:41 PM

Ya I agree :lol: You'll be a fucking hero man.

Softdreamer
07-11-2011, 06:19 PM
The female posters of this board are strangely quiet around here... :lol:

DemonGeminiX
07-11-2011, 06:20 PM
They're filing this one away until the day we ask something of them. Then they're going to throw it back in our collective faces.

Goofy
07-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Post this as reply!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ7wT4CUprQ

I like her attitude :lol:

Jezter
07-11-2011, 07:04 PM
I like her attitude :lol:

I do too!

MrsM
07-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Too busy to get into details - but I mostly agree with you guys. The girl's facebook thing was a cute ideal girls hold to, and basically she wants to be loved. It's different for women as men quite often fake love for sex, so I'm sure many have been burned by fake love and sometimes you need to play head games to know if the guy wants you or a one night stand. I don't like games, I don't agree with them (most of the time).

As for men being upfront and honest - please... maybe to each other - but how many guys say "I love you" then stare at the next pair of boobs that comes bouncing by? It makes some girls unsure and then they feel like they need to play these games to test you to see how you really feel.

I understand both sides and can see why women would like her status - basically if I hide and you find me... I walk away and you follow... I cry and you wipe away the tears... And you fix my broken heart - then it must be love and not just sex. AND - if it is just sex - then at least you needed to work for it ;)

Oh and that blond blogger video - :tup: :agreed:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-11-2011, 07:46 PM
As for men being upfront and honest - please... maybe to each other - but how many guys say "I love you" then stare at the next pair of boobs that comes bouncing by?

I dont know what that has to do with love, who could ever stop looking. I like to say "I read the menu, I just dont eat off of it" ;)

Hal-9000
07-11-2011, 07:58 PM
and women like to say I love you...when you're doing the right thing...according to them :rolleyes: I get soooo tired of women saying that men aren't genuine, that they don't express themselves.It seems 'we're doing ok;' as long as we fit into women's various individual criteria.I get soooo tired of being judged by someone who is miles from perfect themselves, yet expect it from us.

If I was to make a graph about what sort of behavior women wanted from men over the space of 10 weeks, it would change 3 times...depending on the day and the mood of the person doing the critiquing.Women have the unpleasant habit of getting depressed or angry over a man's behavior, without ever telling the man what it is that's upsetting them.

It's hard to have a game of football on a level playing field when the rules change and the ref won't explain why or when :rolleyes:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-11-2011, 08:02 PM
and women like to say I love you...when you're doing the right thing...according to them :rolleyes: I get soooo tired of women saying that men aren't genuine, that they don't express themselves.It seems 'we're doing ok;' as long as we fit into women's various individual criteria.I get soooo tired of being judged by someone who is miles from perfect themselves, yet expect it from us.

If I was to make a graph about what sort of behavior women wanted from men over the space of 10 weeks, it would change 3 times...depending on the day and the mood of the person doing the critiquing.Women have the unpleasant habit of getting depressed or angry over a man's behavior, without ever telling the man what it is that's upsetting them.

It's hard to have a game of football on a level playing field when the rules change and the ref won't explain why or when :rolleyes:

http://crooksandliars.com/files/uploads/2008/03/photohemanshirt.jpg

Muddy
07-11-2011, 08:07 PM
How can we be lovers if we cant be friends? :vomit:

Hal-9000
07-11-2011, 08:07 PM

Oh I love women (maybe a bit too much)...I've considered them as equals living on this planet since I was a tween....

but I do hate the constant rating and bitching and insulting things they say about men.In songs, movies, blogs...it doesn't stop.
Who the hell are they to be so god damned critical? They color their hair, wear make-up, get lipo, use push up bras and call us dishonest :rolleyes:

Some women need to take a long, hard look in the mirror before they start on the bandwagon of - men are pigs, men just want to get laid....men are dishonest.
Hell, there's more dishonesty going on in some women's morning routines, than men commit over a year ffs :lol:

Muddy
07-11-2011, 08:08 PM

Oh I love women (maybe a bit too much)...I've considered them as equals living on this planet since I was a tween....

but I do hate the constant rating and bitching and insulting things they say about men.In songs, movies, blogs...it doesn't stop.
Who the hell are they to be so god damned critical? They color their hair, wear make-up, get lipo, use push up bras and call us dishonest :rolleyes:

Some women need to take a long, hard look in the mirror before they start on the bandwagon of - men are pigs, men just want to get laid....men are dishonest.
Hell, there's more dishonesty going on in some women's morning routines, than men commit over a year ffs :lol:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/08/article-1285027-09F2670F000005DC-685_468x489.jpg

Hal-9000
07-11-2011, 08:12 PM
oh and another thing - women that use sex as a reward system..

REALLY? After years of screaming/fighting for equality and openness and then you say - if you're good, I'll give you a blowjob sweetie...

Using sex as a bargaining tool or as an acquiescence within yourself after doing something unpleasant...it needs to stop.Sex is for two people

JoeyB
07-11-2011, 09:37 PM
if you're good, I'll give you a blowjob sweetie...

That's a nice offer sweetcheeks, but I'm gonna pass.

MrsM
07-12-2011, 03:32 AM

I'm not saying I agree with everything that women do - but Hal - Did someone hurt you bad - Sounds like you need a hug :hug:

Those that say all men are pigs are just as wrong as those that say that all women play head games...

"Who the hell are they to be so god damned critical? They color their hair, wear make-up, get lipo, use push up bras and call us dishonest :rolleyes:" - sounds like someone found a penis when he got the woman home :)

oh and another thing - women that use sex as a reward system..

REALLY? After years of screaming/fighting for equality and openness and then you say - if you're good, I'll give you a blowjob sweetie...

Using sex as a bargaining tool or as an acquiescence within yourself after doing something unpleasant...it needs to stop.Sex is for two people

You could always say NO :dance:

KevinD
07-12-2011, 10:32 AM
I for one unabashedly love women. Their little games don't bother me at all. When I was single, if I found one that I didn't like the games, I simply moved on. I've been married for 16 years or so, and my wife still plays a few games, but then again, so do I in some ways. One thing I've learned is that none of us are perfect, and none of us can be lumped into any broad generalization. I absolutely love my wife and am quite secure that she loves me just as much if not more. Does that mean either one of us won't look at an attractive person or even better comment about said person? Nope. I look at pretty women all the time, and my wife looks at handsome men. No harm no foul.
Not saying anything in particular about anyone here, but I've often thought that much of the problems in relationships are due to personal insecurity. I used to be insecure in my teens and into early 20's. After that, I discovered that I actually kinda liked myself, and could care less what anyone else thought. I am friends with many of my (both) daughter's friends, and am constantly amazed at how insecure they really are. I guess it's just part of being young.

Softdreamer
07-12-2011, 12:11 PM
MrsM you seem to be flying the flag alone here.. I feel for you :lol:

I understand fully all the natures of the game, and the way the world works.

But Im also a realist, and what got me, is the fact that the original status openly admitted that mind games were being played solely for attention. A relationship is complicated enough between two people without sporadically throwing impossible tests that we are doomed to fail in there.

Since posting that status, one of her friends said "funny, its only my dog that ever seems to be there for me", well, only a dog would be stupid enough to keep jumping through the hoops.

IMO, Teenage girls can play these sorts of games with boys, but when it comes to women 30+ doing it. Well it just shows they lack the emotional maturity to deal with a grown up relationship. And explains why she has had a string of failed relationships behind her.

Muddy
07-12-2011, 12:22 PM
My wife has this tiny little blue thong that has like a small blue triangle at the top that peeks out the top of her butt cheeks... Hot!

Teh One Who Knocks
07-12-2011, 12:30 PM

It's the dreaded Kobayashi Maru :sad2:

Muddy
07-12-2011, 12:31 PM
It's the dreaded Kobayashi Maru :sad2:

Isn't that the really good beef from Japan?

Teh One Who Knocks
07-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Isn't that the really good beef from Japan?

:slap:

Hal-9000
07-12-2011, 03:00 PM

Everything I've written above is true...no bad feelings towards the race in general (women)...

There are exceptions to every rule.I've met some great girls and have had good relationships both as friends and otherwise.
But...it gets old hearing the same criticisms and being lumped into a giant stereotype as a gender.That's what I mean about
the critiquing.Women seem to be able to judge men at the drop of a dime and society accepts that too...

"he who is without sin shall cast the first stone"

Noilly Pratt
07-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Hal your posts remind me of "Solitary Man" by Neil Diamond

Don't know that I will
But until I can find me
A girl who'll stay
And won't play games behind me
I'll be what I am
A solitary man
Solitary man

That philosophically was where I was after too many "let's be friends" speeches (they wanted the Bad Boy, not me) So, I gave up...and that's when I found my now wife. I waited and found a mate with minimal game playing on her mind. Everything she tried early on I called her on it, and she did the same for me. Maybe your tolerance for such things lessens as you age.

I do dislike the stereotype of the father of the household as a bumbling idiot. Now that breastfeeding has ceased, I am just as capable and knowledgeable as my wife in raising our 8 year old. When she was 4 I looked after her for a full week while her mom visited relatives in Calgary.

Hal-9000
07-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Hal your posts remind me of "Solitary Man" by Neil Diamond

That philosophically was where I was after too many "let's be friends" speeches (they wanted the Bad Boy, not me) So, I gave up...and that's when I found my now wife. I waited and found a mate with minimal game playing on her mind. Everything she tried early on I called her on it, and she did the same for me. Maybe your tolerance for such things lessens as you age.

I do dislike the stereotype of the father of the household as a bumbling idiot. Now that breastfeeding has ceased, I am just as capable and knowledgeable as my wife in raising our 8 year old. When she was 4 I looked after her for a full week while her mom visited relatives in Calgary.

and that touches on another thing....:lol:

Either you're too passive or too macho.Some women want a man to take control, some women want a compassionate sensitive partner to listen and share his feelings...Thing is ladies, we can't be everything.

When someone I'm just getting to know asks me 'how I am' as a person, I tell them - Tuesdays I'm really aggressive, Wednesdays I'm shy, Thursdays I'm funny and Fridays I'm horny...I am a person, with different moods and tendencies depending on the day and the situation.I can be the most optimistic person on the planet one day and then be full of despair the next.

I think Noilly brings up a good point or phrase....'I called her on it, and she did the same to me'.

When I meet someone I'm brutally honest about what I can give to her and what I want from her....most times it works out just the way I envisioned it, good or bad :oops:

JoeyB
07-12-2011, 10:20 PM
When I meet someone I'm brutally honest about what I can give to her and what I want from her....most times it works out just the way I envisioned it, good or bad :oops:

I find that not dating is a really effective way or ending the male/female tension.

I'm so lonely.

DemonGeminiX
07-12-2011, 10:23 PM
and that touches on another thing....:lol:

Either you're too passive or too macho.Some women want a man to take control, some women want a compassionate sensitive partner to listen and share his feelings...Thing is ladies, we can't be everything.

When someone I'm just getting to know asks me 'how I am' as a person, I tell them - Tuesdays I'm really aggressive, Wednesdays I'm shy, Thursdays I'm funny and Fridays I'm horny...I am a person, with different moods and tendencies depending on the day and the situation.I can be the most optimistic person on the planet one day and then be full of despair the next.

I think Noilly brings up a good point or phrase....'I called her on it, and she did the same to me'.

You should throw something in there about multiple personalities.

:mrgreen:

Hal-9000
07-12-2011, 10:39 PM
the other hal will address that later tonight :thumbsup:

JoeyB
07-12-2011, 10:51 PM
the other hal will address that later tonight :thumbsup:

I always thought 9000 was your model number, not a tabulation of personalities.

Hal-9000
07-12-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm getting into rap and changing my username soon.....from today on, I would prefer to be addressed as MC Hawn-kee 9000 :thumbsup:

thx

JoeyB
07-12-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm getting into rap and changing my username soon.....from today on, I would prefer to be addressed as MC Hawn-kee 9000 :thumbsup:

thx

No.

Muddy
07-12-2011, 10:55 PM

thx

MC is too close to MG.. You need to go back to the drawing board..

Hal-9000
07-12-2011, 10:56 PM
:hand:

you know I got soul MG.....I've been an MC longer than you've been an MG....

arm wrestle?

JoeyB
07-12-2011, 10:57 PM
MC is too close to MG.. You need to go back to the drawing board..

He's a computer muddy, he needs to go back to the MS paint program.

Hal-9000
07-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Grandmaster Hawn kee 9000?

JoeyB
07-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Grandmaster Hawn kee 9000?

No. How about Marky Mark and the funky bunch. Or is that already taken?

Hal-9000
07-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Snoop-shaggy-vanilla-ass-9000

:thumbsup:

Hal-9000
07-12-2011, 11:01 PM
No. How about Marky Mark and the funky bunch. Or is that already taken?

It was...for oh so brief a time :lol:

JoeyB
07-12-2011, 11:03 PM
It was...for oh so brief a time :lol:

Are you thinking of Marky mark's briefs?

Hal-9000
07-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Are you thinking of Marky mark's briefs?

I have the Good Vibrations song bookmarked on Youtube....I can view at any time :thumbsup:

JoeyB
07-12-2011, 11:19 PM
I have the Good Vibrations song bookmarked on Youtube....I can view at any time :thumbsup:

You've made my penis weep.