PDA

View Full Version : Man accused of hiding cams in employee bathrooms at Kaiser Permanente, Banana Republic

Teh One Who Knocks
12-20-2018, 01:25 PM
KATU Staff Report

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/4610/7cqCYu.jpg

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Portland pharmacist fired for allegedly secretly recording co-workers in a bathroom is now accused of doing the very same thing at his next job.

The suspect, 34-year-old Johnny Chan, had a bail hearing Tuesday afternoon. The judge delayed any decision about reducing bail until January to give authorities more time to search Chan's background and for more arguments to be filed from both sides.

U.S. Marshals arrested Chan while he was at work at the Banana Republic in Cascade Station in late November.

He faced a 71-count indictment for allegedly recording people in an employee bathroom inside Northeast Portland's Kaiser Permanente Pharmacy Lab from December 2016 to November 2017.

After being fired by Kaiser during the investigation, Chan got a cashier's job at the Banana Republic store. A spokesperson for the store said they completed a screening and were not aware he was under investigation for the alleged incidents at Kaiser.

Investigators accuse him of setting up another secret camera in the employee bathroom there, found by an officer involved in the Kaiser investigation.

Chan's accused of recording 27 co-workers at the store - one of them, a minor.

KATU News talked with someone who worked at Banana Republic until June. She did not want to be identified.

She says she first learned about the new allegations when she got a call from the company telling her she'd been recorded in the employee bathroom.

“I was just shocked. Like, this is the type of thing that you hear on the news. So I never thought this would happen to me. And so like, for the first few days I cried non-stop over this,” she said.

Chan is currently being held on $2 million bail. The bail is so high because he’s accused of setting up a second camera while being under investigation for the first incident.

His attorney wants bail set at just over 48-thousand dollars cash for both cases.

Below is a statement from Banana Republic:

“Recently, we were made aware of a situation at the Cascade Station Banana Republic Factory Store involving a former employee placing a video camera in a unisex employee restroom. We take this matter very seriously and are working with law enforcement to ensure that any affected individuals are notified. We are focused on supporting our store team through what is, by any measure, an unacceptable and disturbing incident. All inquiries regarding this matter should be directed to the Multnomah County District Attorney’s office.”

PorkChopSandwiches
12-20-2018, 04:14 PM
weird he would do this more then once

Hal-9000
12-26-2018, 12:54 AM
What do these girls have to hide, that's what I wanna know [-(

lost in melb.
12-26-2018, 06:43 AM
:lol: